The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brief Hurricon Recap

3 posters

Go down

Brief Hurricon Recap Empty Brief Hurricon Recap

Post by Hurricane Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:29 pm

The tournament was alot of fun. We had 7 axis and 7 allied players.

Game One 1-3 Draw
I played a Russian Udarny Companyin the Encounter Mission. If was a very hard fought game that ended in a draw. He played with 2 Udarny Companies, A Gods of War Battery, 4 SU-122's, Another Artillery Battery, and a small Scout Platoon. He decided to sit back and I pushed forward. I was able to assualt the gods of war battery and left it with 2 guns. And of course he passed his break check of the platoon. He counter assualted with the Udarny platoon and wiped that FJ platoon out. I pushed up on the left side with my other FJ platoon and they got killed too. My pioneers and Pak 40's caught his Su-122's. I destroyed 2 with the paks and bailed 1 out with the flamethrowers. When I went to finish them off with the pioneers i failed my tank terror test. Doh... I also knocked that first Udarny platoon down to 4 teams and twice he passed motivation to not break. So, we ran out of time can it was called a draw but I didn't kill any of his platoons and ended up with 1 point.

Game 2 5-1 Win
This game was No Retreat against an American Rifle Company that was rated Confident Veteran. His list had 2 Rifle platoons, 1 sherman platoon, 1 M-18's, 1 Mg platoon, 1 artillery battery and air support. I was the attacker and He never supported the units that I assualted that held the objective near the middle of the table. As a result, It was over in 4 turns when I rolled over his Rifle platoon and mg platoon. He decided not to double time with his tanks to contest it. He thought he could shoot me up and cause me to break. That didnt' happen.

Game 3 4-3 Win
This game Breakthrough and I was defending against a 2 company british list. He played a rifle company and a churchill company. He had 11 churchills. The map was split diagonally by a river and some cliffs in the middle along side the river. He loaded up on my right where I didnt have the Pak's. He smashed my right side taking out 1 FJ plt, the Mg platoon and the the rockets. While he was busy mopping them up, I was able to get my Pioneers, Paks and another FJ platoon over to the objectives and dug them in. He didnt' want to assault with the churchills and tried with 3 rifle platoons. I wiped out all 3 assualts. By the time he tried with the churchills it was too late and I knocked 3 with defensive pak fire and the panzerfaust got the last one. I though there was no way I was going to win when he blasted the right side of my force but in the end I won.

The winner was a guy who played with a British Tank company, mostly shermans and fireflies and some infantry. He rolled over his first 2 opponents 6-1 both times. His last game was against a Panther Company. The panther company killed him but he scored enough to win the tourney.

So, despite the bad start I went 2-0-1 with 10 points and sixth place. I also won the best sportsman award. Go figure! affraid

Wish you guys could have come. It was a blast.
Hurricane
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1622
Armies : Mormon Crusaders,Sisters of Battle, Lizardmen, British and Fallschirmjager
Registration date : 2008-03-01

Back to top Go down

Brief Hurricon Recap Empty Re: Brief Hurricon Recap

Post by ShadowMaster Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:59 am

Nice Eric - sounds like you had a good time.
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 2812
Armies : [WHFB] DoC, Lizardmen, O&G [LoTR] Moria [40k] Daemons [WM/H] RoS, Cryx, Cygnar, Mercs, Gators, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:13 pm

I wish I could have been there too!

For Recon '10 we are getting at least 4 guys from MIA going!

scurrdi
Chaos God

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2008-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down