The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Walking Dead

+7
jerryb
NurgleNick
Garm
Kyle
The Eldar Guy
Vycem
rokassan
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Walking Dead Empty Walking Dead

Post by rokassan Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:30 pm

Watched the first episode. Outstanding show. Im hooked.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Number of posts : 3612
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.
Registration date : 2008-02-27

https://splinterfaction.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Walking Dead Empty Re: Walking Dead

Post by Vycem Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:35 pm

Yes, I was really, really pleased with how they handled it. Every change from the comic was actually for the better.

Vycem
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2008-05-29

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:38 pm

The attention to detail was great. Like the devoured nurse in the hopital in the beginning. Now you see a victim post being eaten and they arent pulled apart but eaten as if by an animal...to the bone. Except for the head. Very real.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vycem Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:50 pm

I also liked how they used the flower vase to visually represent the whole coma and passage of time, and all the other realistic details they added - like how he was dehydrated when he woke up (god knows how long his IV was dried up!), how when he was found they strapped him to the bed really well (they KNOW how to survive!), how firing a gun inside the tank took out his hearing, etc. They're really making you buy into the world. It's awesome.

Vycem
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2008-05-29

Back to top Go down

Post by The Eldar Guy Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:59 pm

HAVEN'T READ ANYTHING HERE

Going to watch it tonight with the GF, but I'll be sure to come back tongue
The Eldar Guy
The Eldar Guy
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1571
Armies : Eldar(40k & BFG), Dark Eldar (WIP), & Dark Elves
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:39 pm

Vycem wrote:I also liked how they used the flower vase to visually represent the whole coma and passage of time, and all the other realistic details they added - like how he was dehydrated when he woke up (god knows how long his IV was dried up!), how when he was found they strapped him to the bed really well (they KNOW how to survive!), how firing a gun inside the tank took out his hearing, etc. They're really making you buy into the world. It's awesome.

Yes, the characters arent stupid. A .44 magnum would knock the snot out of you if you fired it inside of a tank.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The Eldar Guy Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:13 pm

Alright, just finished watching it. Let me preface by saying I've never read the comic.

The mere fact that it is a zombie television series would have kept me watching it, but it is also pretty high quality. Actually reminds me of 'Breaking Bad,' although I can't really say how.

There is enough trashy BS on tv right now, so its great to follow one more show.

Although, he should have grabbed some automatic weapons instead of shotguns.

Edit: oh, was that his wife with his former partner? That's pretty gay if they're already hitting up the relationship drama.
The Eldar Guy
The Eldar Guy
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:25 pm

Yea if the relationship drama stuff bugs you, might want to bail out because the series and comic especially is more of a character drama than anything. There are whole volumes of the books where there is hardly a sign of any zombies or action, just lots of character drama. They kind of ramped up the action for the pilot and following episodes, but the later stuff is going to get much slower and talky.
Kyle
Kyle
Chaos God

Number of posts : 1433
Armies : Infinity-Yu Jing, Heavy Gear-North, 40K-IG/Orks, Uncharted Seas-Shroud Mages, FoW-SS, AM Naval-Japanese, Hordes-Trolls, Blood Bowl-Goblins, Malifaux- Guild, Anima-Azure, BFG- Chaos, Dystopian Wars- Brits
Registration date : 2008-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by The Eldar Guy Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:38 pm

Do we ever find out how long he was in the hospital for? A week? They didnt' stress any huge length of time. I'm just shocked that his wife is -already- banging his partner.

I love(d) 'breaking bad' on AMC and that was mostly character drama. As long as this remains interesting and coupling the zombie theme I'll watch it.
The Eldar Guy
The Eldar Guy
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Garm Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:50 am

I totally forgot about the premiere last night 'cause I was busy with some new game. Now I gotta wait until Friday to watch it. RRRRRRRRRRRRGH.
Garm
Garm
Traitor Marine

Male
Number of posts : 137
Armies : 40k: Orks, Dark Eldar - Fantasy: Beastmen
Registration date : 2009-06-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:34 pm

In the comic it was several weeks, perhaps months that Rick was in the coma, but they also went into how the partner and wife hookup and figured Rick was goner.
Kyle
Kyle
Chaos God

Armies : Infinity-Yu Jing, Heavy Gear-North, 40K-IG/Orks, Uncharted Seas-Shroud Mages, FoW-SS, AM Naval-Japanese, Hordes-Trolls, Blood Bowl-Goblins, Malifaux- Guild, Anima-Azure, BFG- Chaos, Dystopian Wars- Brits

Back to top Go down

Post by NurgleNick Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:23 pm

Around three weeks. Apparently, Shane always had a 'thing' for Rick's wife, and, you know, figured he could get her on the rebound.

Don't worry, everything works out in the end.

Hahahaha.
NurgleNick
NurgleNick
Dark Apostle

Number of posts : 350
Registration date : 2008-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:29 am

Look I dont know about the rest of you, but if dead people are reanimating and trying to eat me alive pussy would be the last thing on my mind. I would be experiencing depression,disbelief,desperation,fear,revulsion,shock,survival,finding weapons,food shelter,saving people,wondering how this could happen. Not banging my best friends wife. Thats hollywood bullshit. There are things that trump sex...survival,food,water,shelter. No time to stick your dick in that unshaven ,unwashed pussy. Still a great series so far.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by NurgleNick Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:04 pm

Right, but Shane is in a state of denial. He firmly believes that the military has everything under control, and if they just stay at their campsite, they'll be rescued. That's the line he's been feeding everyone, so he can stay "in control".. And, also, they do have showers -- the old man's RV has water. And food. And, because they're so far away from the city, they're not really getting bothered by the Dead at the moment.

I'll refrain from saying anything more, though; I'm on Comic #79 or 80, and the TV series is basically up to Comic #..2? Maybe 3?
NurgleNick
NurgleNick
Dark Apostle

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:10 pm

Theres always time for booty
Kyle
Kyle
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by The Eldar Guy Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:05 pm

Seems like they'd be safer in a boarded up house than a campsite. One zombie wanders into the campsite during the night? Someone is going to die.
The Eldar Guy
The Eldar Guy
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by jerryb Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:51 pm

Rok, there is always time for sex. Next too getting food, I would be humping.

Hell, I would tackle one lone zombie bitches if she was hot. I Just hope I could score a supple of condoms, if not... but hey, ya knew, it's end of the world so a pervert gotta do what he's gotta do.

Of course it goes without saying oral sex is out the question.

BTW FYI you can't leave an IV in a patient for three weeks in the same arm
so much for reality. Shocked
jerryb
jerryb
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1451
Armies : AT-43, Pyrates, Battle Tech
Registration date : 2008-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:05 pm

How long he was left unattanded in the hospital is not known, he could have been tended to for last couple days for all we know, but they never go into that and it's treated unimportant, such as possibility of bed sores.

The survivors move from place to place throughout the series, they never stay anywhere for long.
Kyle
Kyle
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:53 pm

I loved the show... thought it was very well done.

@ Jerry: That's Gross! I have never seen a "hot" zombie chick! You'd have to brown bag her whole body! LOL
Hurricane
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1622
Armies : Mormon Crusaders,Sisters of Battle, Lizardmen, British and Fallschirmjager
Registration date : 2008-03-01

Back to top Go down

Post by jerryb Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:00 pm

Well, Hurricane you haven't seen some of the girls I've dated either and I had sex with them.

JerryB
jerryb
jerryb
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1451
Armies : AT-43, Pyrates, Battle Tech
Registration date : 2008-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:59 pm

I really liked the first episode. Especially the psychological aspects of it.

The part when they had the dual scenes happening at the same time. The black guy was trying to bring himself to shooting his wife who had turned into a zombie, and even though he knows it's so important for him and his son, he just can't bring himself to do it. Imagine that trying to look through a sniper rifle and shoot someone you truly love.

At the same time you have Rick going out and finding that nasty leg less zombie (there's one for you Jerry), to mercy kill her. He says "i'm sorry this happened to you". Right there you see the compassion in the main character, although I heard this changes later on as he gets more and more traumatized by the world around him.

Lastly, my favorite part is when he's on the horse, going through the streets and he rounds a corner and there's like 300 fucking zombies in the road.... and he's like "oh shit". That's a great scene.
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male
Number of posts : 2629
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:10 pm

Second episode was great. So far so good. I hope our hero doesnt become too cold blooded.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:41 am

Personally, I can't stand his old partner.... banging his wife and all. And he seems like a coward.
Hurricane
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1622
Armies : Mormon Crusaders,Sisters of Battle, Lizardmen, British and Fallschirmjager
Registration date : 2008-03-01

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:42 am

I agree.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by NurgleNick Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:04 pm

Rick? Cold-blooded?

Naaaw.

NurgleNick
NurgleNick
Dark Apostle