The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Which Ficional Universe Would You Love to Be Made Into a TT war game

+5
rokassan
luis the young
Grombart
lordfairfax2001
Ovich
9 posters

Go down

Which Fictional Universe would you want to be made into a table top wargame like warhammer.

Which Ficional Universe Would You Love to Be Made Into a TT war game Vote_lcap8%Which Ficional Universe Would You Love to Be Made Into a TT war game Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 1 ]
Which Ficional Universe Would You Love to Be Made Into a TT war game Vote_lcap8%Which Ficional Universe Would You Love to Be Made Into a TT war game Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 1 ]
Which Ficional Universe Would You Love to Be Made Into a TT war game Vote_lcap0%Which Ficional Universe Would You Love to Be Made Into a TT war game Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Which Ficional Universe Would You Love to Be Made Into a TT war game Vote_lcap0%Which Ficional Universe Would You Love to Be Made Into a TT war game Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
Which Ficional Universe Would You Love to Be Made Into a TT war game Vote_lcap17%Which Ficional Universe Would You Love to Be Made Into a TT war game Vote_rcap 17% 
[ 2 ]
Which Ficional Universe Would You Love to Be Made Into a TT war game Vote_lcap17%Which Ficional Universe Would You Love to Be Made Into a TT war game Vote_rcap 17% 
[ 2 ]
Which Ficional Universe Would You Love to Be Made Into a TT war game Vote_lcap33%Which Ficional Universe Would You Love to Be Made Into a TT war game Vote_rcap 33% 
[ 4 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 12

Which Ficional Universe Would You Love to Be Made Into a TT war game Empty Which Ficional Universe Would You Love to Be Made Into a TT war game

Post by Ovich Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:25 am

If you could have one of your favorite fictional universes made into a table top war game with good mechanics and whole new range of models and armies fleshed out like 40k or Fantasy, what would it be.

As usual, if you have a different idea, please post it
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male
Number of posts : 2629
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Which Ficional Universe Would You Love to Be Made Into a TT war game Empty Re: Which Ficional Universe Would You Love to Be Made Into a TT war game

Post by lordfairfax2001 Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:32 am

I picked The Forgotten Realms, but Dragonlance was a close second...
lordfairfax2001
lordfairfax2001
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 739
Armies : WHFB: High Elves, Wood Elves, Lizardmen and many more; WH40K: SM, Ordo Malleus, Eldar; BFG: Eldar; M
Registration date : 2008-03-06

Back to top Go down

Which Ficional Universe Would You Love to Be Made Into a TT war game Empty Re: Which Ficional Universe Would You Love to Be Made Into a TT war game

Post by Grombart Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:53 am

Wow! Those are some great suggestions. I chose Dune because that's my favorite setting, but I could've easily gone with GRRM - Westeros (I highly recomend these books BTW), Conan, or Dragonlance.

Note that there is already a tabletop for Star Wars. It's a collectible game like Axis and Allies or Mechwarrior, but it's actually pretty good.
Grombart
Grombart
Traitor Captain

Male
Number of posts : 280
Registration date : 2008-03-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Grombart Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:54 am

Oh, there is also going to be a tabletop for Warcraft. Though I haven't heard anything about that for months. Exclamation
Grombart
Grombart
Traitor Captain

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by lordfairfax2001 Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:55 am

Dune was a close third...loved the PC games and do enjoy the story line...I'd have to be the Fremen...
lordfairfax2001
lordfairfax2001
Primarch

Male
Armies : WHFB: High Elves, Wood Elves, Lizardmen and many more; WH40K: SM, Ordo Malleus, Eldar; BFG: Eldar; M

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:59 am

Yeah, me too, I would like to see a Forgotten realms game like Inquisitor , OR like Warmachine, one guy controlling or summoning minions, like a Drow wizard summoning a Beholder. OR, like Fantasy with armies of Drow, Orcs, Dwarves, Humans. Wouldnt like to see the armies with diff setup options, i never understood why Orcs and Goblins fight in ranks, i mean, wth, they are just a big mob that has little to no discipline and want to just charge foward.

HUmans, dwarves, Elves, they should fight in ranks, but Orcs should be deploy in skirmish formations.
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Number of posts : 2971
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:55 am

Forgotten Realms. A lot of great memories of D&D...remember Phil.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Number of posts : 3612
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.
Registration date : 2008-02-27

https://splinterfaction.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Warlord Solskritt Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:00 pm

Camelot. I was always fascinated by the King Arthur legends and a TT game would be sweet.
Warlord Solskritt
Warlord Solskritt
Imperial Guard Commissar

Male
Number of posts : 1105
Armies : Rats,Uruk-Hai,Germans

Back to top Go down

Post by Forcefed24 Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:08 pm

Rokassan wrote:Forgotten Realms. A lot of great memories of D&D...remember Phil.

Absolutely.

I'll be first in line for the forgeworld Tarrasque Model.
Forcefed24
Forcefed24
Dark Apostle

Male
Number of posts : 436
Armies : Thousand Sons, Necrons, Tyranids
Registration date : 2008-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:20 pm

Phil you friggin geek... hahaha.... the Tarrasque. It comes out once every 129 years destroys and devours everything in it's path and then goes back into hibernation. Hhahaha

Well.... for me the choice would be tough.. I put all those particular Universes up for vote because I like all of them.

Dune would be fuckin awesome.. hands down. Just because of the factions, the tech, the mythos, everything is right there.

The forgotten realms would be insane just because of the different cultures and races and cities - it's such a wide scope

I would absolutely get involved in a Westeros GRRM game just cause the books are friggin AWESOME...

I don't know the other ones are cool too. .....
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne

Back to top Go down

Post by Forcefed24 Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:09 pm

Ovich wrote:Phil you friggin geek... hahaha.... the Tarrasque. It comes out once every 129 years destroys and devours everything in it's path and then goes back into hibernation. Hhahaha

Well.... for me the choice would be tough.. I put all those particular Universes up for vote because I like all of them.

Dune would be fuckin awesome.. hands down. Just because of the factions, the tech, the mythos, everything is right there.

The forgotten realms would be insane just because of the different cultures and races and cities - it's such a wide scope

I would absolutely get involved in a Westeros GRRM game just cause the books are friggin AWESOME...

I don't know the other ones are cool too. .....

Das Right man......You are playing an apocalypse game of forgotten realms.....5000 pts....you take your Drow Army with every hero, including Driz'zt....and I'll just whip out the Tarrasque.place it on the table.....you start crying tears of anger, and put your models back in their foam trays...and take the loss...
Forcefed24
Forcefed24
Dark Apostle

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:18 pm

Then Elminster comes along, and BBQs the Tarrasque.
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Number of posts : 2971
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army

Back to top Go down

Post by Forcefed24 Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:51 pm

luis the young wrote:Then Elminster comes along, and BBQs the Tarrasque.

He might have a chance. But as far as I know....the tarrasque is nigh invulnerable....I think it had a spell immunity in the 75th percentile or higher from what I remember.

I think the tarrasque would be shitting out a red robed turd a few days after the fight.
Forcefed24
Forcefed24
Dark Apostle

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Diosamblet Fri Jun 27, 2008 7:58 pm

Richart E. Feist's Riftwar Saga
Diosamblet
Diosamblet
Primarch

Number of posts : 672

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:04 pm

Yeah !!!! I get to play as Pug .

Joking aside, Darkness at Sethanon is an awesome read.
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by lordfairfax2001 Sat Jun 28, 2008 9:27 am

Ovich wrote:Yeah !!!! I get to play as Pug .

Joking aside, Darkness at Sethanon is an awesome read.
I'd want to be the bugs...they were ultra-cool...
lordfairfax2001
lordfairfax2001
Primarch

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Grombart Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:27 am

Richart E. Feist's Riftwar Saga

Uh it's Raymond E Feist, but that's another really good series too.
Grombart
Grombart
Traitor Captain

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Vycem Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:43 am

I wanted to click on Dune, as it would lend itself really well, but I was compelled to click "Other" because honestly, I'd LOVE a Battlestar Galactica game. Granted, it would be kind of lopsided, but not much more so than, say, Battefleet Gothic Imperial vs Necrons.

Vycem
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2008-05-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Diosamblet Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:57 am

Ooops, I knew something didn't sound right about Richard (plus I spelled it wrong!)
Diosamblet
Diosamblet
Primarch

Number of posts : 672

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down