The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warhammer Campaign

5 posters

Go down

Warhammer Campaign Empty Warhammer Campaign

Post by Garry Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:48 am

I will be putting to gether a map bassed campaign at Tates. I will not be playing in it so that there will be no problem with rules. I am using a lot of the information from the Genrel compodium.

I would like to get as many people invoved as posible it would be held every other Sunday.

Please if you are intrested shoot me an e-mail I do not know if you all would want me to post what I put together for it so far. If it does not matter let me know.

The campaign will involve castles towers supply depots and army banner roaming around the map to see who's race is strong enough to control the world of warhammer.

Garry

garry2468@aol.com
Garry
Garry
Aspiring Champion

Male
Number of posts : 233
Armies : Chaos, dark elf, Skaven, Ogre, Orc (fan & 40K) Brit, eldar, marines, high elf
Registration date : 2008-11-04

Back to top Go down

Warhammer Campaign Empty Re: Warhammer Campaign

Post by Kyle Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:25 am

Why do you still use those old rules? Just would like to know cause we found them to be horrible when we last had a campaign and the system promotes not fighting since fighting just weakens your force. Just sit back let others bloody themselves and then swoop in. People spend most of the time just sitting back staring at each other and not making any attacks.
Kyle
Kyle
Chaos God

Number of posts : 1433
Armies : Infinity-Yu Jing, Heavy Gear-North, 40K-IG/Orks, Uncharted Seas-Shroud Mages, FoW-SS, AM Naval-Japanese, Hordes-Trolls, Blood Bowl-Goblins, Malifaux- Guild, Anima-Azure, BFG- Chaos, Dystopian Wars- Brits
Registration date : 2008-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Garry Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:06 am

With me not playing in the game I can then control NPC banner to help motivate player that want to sit back and do nothing. I have about 5 or 6 differnt armys to choose from to play as NPC. Also there will be tower and other thing on the map that are NPC that people playing can attack and reap the benifits from.
Garry
Garry
Aspiring Champion

Male
Armies : Chaos, dark elf, Skaven, Ogre, Orc (fan & 40K) Brit, eldar, marines, high elf

Back to top Go down

Post by Garry Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:19 am

Movement
3 squares
6 squares full cavalry banner

Wood’s cost 1½ a movement point to move through for missed banners and 2 points for full cavalry
Mountains have a chart in the warhammer compendium

Buildings
City (generates 2 supply point every 3 turns)
1000 points up to ½ can be war machines 2 free hero choices 1 fighter 1 mage (lvl 2) plus the 50 points of magic item they can each get
6 towers and wall w/ gate
2 pts taking a city must get inside the walls and hold 75% of area in city 8 turns

Town (generates 1 supply point every 3 turns)
800 points up to ½ can be war machines 2 free hero choices 1 fighter 1 mage (lvl 2) plus the 50 points of magic item they can each get
4 towers and walls w/ gate
2 pts taking a town must get inside the walls and hold 75% of area in city 8 turns

Supply (depot generates 2 supply point every 3 turns)
600 points of core troops 2 free hero choices 1 fighter 1 mage (lvl 1)plus the 25 points of magic item total
4 pts Small brick walls and building defendable area
Take and hold 2 of the 3 objectives in defenders zone 7 turns

Fortress
600 points 2 war machine 2 free hero choices 1 fighter 1 mage plus the 25 points of magic item total
2 towers
2 pts Take control of both towers or have no defending troops left in them

Tower
400 points 1 war machine 1 free hero choice with 25 points of magic
2 pts 1 tower
Take control towers or have no defending troops left in it

Supply point equal 300 army points

Banner Sizes
1. size 2100

2.only 1 banner can support another banner w/ 1/2 points form support banner ie. main banner 2k support banner 2k battle size 3k 2k start on field then there will be a chart for the support banner to come in.

3. You may be field banners as low as 500 points if the banner is 500 points to 750 points they will not show on the map and only you and me will know were it is located and they do not need a supply cart.

You may have your first Lord up to 400 points free he can be attached to any banner that you want and not be included in banner point value.

Each banner will need a supply cart (100pts) this will also be deployed during battle and can be captured by enemy there is a chart for your army if they run with out a supply cart and you can loss troops from starvation or what ever you army feeds on.

You will need to name your banner and hero's and Lords adds flavor to the game

After each battle there is a chart that is rolled on for your troops to see what you get back and what has been lost this can create some odd size units but again adds flavor to the game. The great thing there is even a chance to capture an enemy character.

Banner will be dispersed if they fall below 250 points also if they are under 500 points they need to work there way back to one of your land marks to be brought up to 500 points it can also join a banner in the field if it does not bring the war banner above 2100 points . Each turn you will need to roll and on a roll of a 6 you will lose d6 times 20 of troops.

Other stuff
I plan on putting towers and supply depots of other races trough out the map that you can take

Put treasure maps together that you can send banner into area's to get your hands on a magic item that you can give to a character for free up grade

Wandering banners of other races

I plan on using the veteran point system that you see on army builder so that troop that see a lot of combat can earn points and be able to up grade them. Take a look at army build and your army.

There is a chart in the warhammer compendium that shows who can ally with who and there is also race special ability’s that apply to races that we will go over. I will try to make copy’s of any charts that we are using in the campaign so every one has one

When a battle is completed if you hold a banner of an enemy that is of common magic such as the 25 pt +1 combat resolution banner that banner now belongs to you. Also if you win and have killed an enemy wizard and they did not use there dispel scrolls up you get them and any other common magic items from them. The key with this is killed or captured.

If for some reason some one can’t make it on a campaign date we will hold a mega battle like the one we did with 4 on 4 but there will be small rewards involved in the game for the players. Also you will not be affected with troops lost during this. Also your general will be leading the banner for these games kinda of bragging rites.

All army lists must be turn into me. You will need a copy of them also your copy must match mine. This goes for war banners and land marks after each battle we will make adjustment to the lists for troops lost banner’s won and so forth then when we meet next if you wanted to re-type up the list please give me a new copy if not we will keep using the one with which we scratched out troop and added stuff.
Garry
Garry
Aspiring Champion

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:13 pm

The problem I find with these campaigns is that 2 people will run into each other and everyone else has to hang out for 2.5 hours while they fight their match before you can move to the next turn.

How do you plan to solve that issue?

On the flip side - I'd be interested in playing in a Mega Battle. Throw me a PM if you are planning one of those.
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 2812
Armies : [WHFB] DoC, Lizardmen, O&G [LoTR] Moria [40k] Daemons [WM/H] RoS, Cryx, Cygnar, Mercs, Gators, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Garry Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:02 pm

What I was looking to have happen when the battles are going on is for the other player to play pick up games. This is there chance to try a list out other army's or a 40k pick up game.

So I guess the map base campaign is settiing for everyone to get together and play warhammer or 40k not just the campaign.
Garry
Garry
Aspiring Champion

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:35 pm

I've been meaning to swing by Tate's one Sunday (never been there) - what is the pickup crowd like on the weekend?

Do I have a good chance to get a game in?
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male
Armies : [WHFB] DoC, Lizardmen, O&G [LoTR] Moria [40k] Daemons [WM/H] RoS, Cryx, Cygnar, Mercs, Gators, Skorne

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:03 pm

Tates is too far for me to actively participate in a campaign up there.

Sorry guys.
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male
Number of posts : 2629
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post by The Eldar Guy Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:16 pm

I'd like to participate in a campaign, but can't make the trips.
gl
The Eldar Guy
The Eldar Guy
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1571
Armies : Eldar(40k & BFG), Dark Eldar (WIP), & Dark Elves
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:40 pm

ShadowMaster wrote:I've been meaning to swing by Tate's one Sunday (never been there) - what is the pickup crowd like on the weekend?

Do I have a good chance to get a game in?

Think theres always 40k and Fantasy players there on Sunday whenever I've gone. They got pretty good playerbase for gw games on Sundays it seems.
Kyle
Kyle
Chaos God

Number of posts : 1433
Armies : Infinity-Yu Jing, Heavy Gear-North, 40K-IG/Orks, Uncharted Seas-Shroud Mages, FoW-SS, AM Naval-Japanese, Hordes-Trolls, Blood Bowl-Goblins, Malifaux- Guild, Anima-Azure, BFG- Chaos, Dystopian Wars- Brits
Registration date : 2008-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Garry Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:59 pm

You can normally always get a 40k on Sundays fantasy is a little harder but this Sunday there will be a group there to talk about the campaign and then we plan on playing some pick up games. Also on the every other sunday we will be there for the campaign. I use Tates because there are some that come from West Palm so it is in the midle for the group and it is pretty much right off the turnpike. Lord of the rings has some pick up game also but they are rare.
Garry
Garry
Aspiring Champion

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Garry Thu Nov 06, 2008 5:01 pm

Sorry they also have about 9 boards and pletty of buildings hills you name it for the games. Cost nothiong to play there
Garry
Garry
Aspiring Champion

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:35 pm

Except for myself and a few of the new peeps like yourself, everyone on this board lives in Dade county.

We usually play at the Dragon on Flagler or at Sunshine on Bird (both just West of 826)

Tate's is a far drive for most of them - especially on a regular basis.
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Garry Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:35 pm

Are the location in Maimi big enough to hold 5 or 6 games at a time? 6by4 table's? I live in pines by the turnpike is it a far drive into the location? Is it play for free?
Garry
Garry
Aspiring Champion

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:41 pm

yeah, both places are capable of hold 5 games at a time, although there's generally more space at the dragon, and generally more terrain at sunshine.
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male
Number of posts : 2629
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down