The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

White Dwarf

4 posters

Go down

White Dwarf Empty White Dwarf

Post by rokassan Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:56 pm

Its gone up to $8 an issue...from $6. Are these guys fucking idiots? Its as though they are doing everything in their power to turn people off from the entire franchise. Im not so sure I want to renew my subscription. 30% of the magazine is advertisements. I dont need to see that shit I already fucking know what they have and what it costs. For the amount of advertisements they put in the magazine youd think they sll it in Publix or CVS and are trying to get people interested...their to fucking stupid and cheap to do that. Hey assholes the people who read your magazine already know what you offer and what it costs. Quit wasting pages on bullshit and put more hobby shit in there like you used to back in the day.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Number of posts : 3612
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.
Registration date : 2008-02-27

https://splinterfaction.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

White Dwarf Empty Re: White Dwarf

Post by luis the young Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:05 pm

I remember how WD used to be fun to read with interesting articles and tips and stuff, now is just a big pile of shit that i'll be dammed if i spend 8 bucks on.
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Number of posts : 2971
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by dork_jedi Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:07 pm

not to defend them, but look at the costs Bill:

how much does it cost to pay a graphic designer to create an ad?
how much does it cost to pay a writer to create content, a photographer to snap pictures, then a graphic designer to edit the photos and design a layout for that content?

it's cheaper to stuff the magazine with stupid ads for their own product than writing actual content. i stopped reading it months ago.
dork_jedi
dork_jedi
Demon Prince

Male
Number of posts : 1002
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:10 pm

I wouldnt mind paying for all those artists and crap, but i want something worthwhile to look and read for my money.
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Number of posts : 2971
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:20 pm

If it were a good mag Id pay $8.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.

Back to top Go down

Post by dork_jedi Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:30 pm

right, however look at their profit margin if they roll some magazine paper around a steaming pile of shit as opposed to paying someone to make it pretty.
dork_jedi
dork_jedi
Demon Prince

Male
Number of posts : 1002
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:33 pm

Thats all their about...profit at any cost.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:42 pm

Never read it - never will.
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 2812
Armies : [WHFB] DoC, Lizardmen, O&G [LoTR] Moria [40k] Daemons [WM/H] RoS, Cryx, Cygnar, Mercs, Gators, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:44 pm

While we are in the subject - why do they charge to get a copy of their product catelog? That is just so dumb. Don't they ever get a Pottery Barn or Ikea publication at their place to know that everyone send's their catalogs out for free to generate sales.

GW is run by meatheads - pure and simple.
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 2812
Armies : [WHFB] DoC, Lizardmen, O&G [LoTR] Moria [40k] Daemons [WM/H] RoS, Cryx, Cygnar, Mercs, Gators, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down