The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SGT Chronus

+3
Valhalla114
Diosamblet
Michaelharmon
7 posters

Go down

SGT Chronus Empty SGT Chronus

Post by Michaelharmon Sun Dec 14, 2008 10:26 pm

SGT Chronus Cronus3

SGT Chronus Copyofcronus

https://2img.net/h/i182.photobucket.com/albums/x172/harmon75/Warhammer%2040k/cronus1.jpg

https://2img.net/h/i182.photobucket.com/albums/x172/harmon75/Warhammer%2040k/cronus2.jpg

About 90% there. Still a few small details and then on to the other out of tank version. The head is removable to give him either the Bare head or helmet version for the tank commander. Doing the standing version the exact same so should come out very nice as I like the helmet alot better truth be told.

Just need to find a cool name for him now since Chronus is the Ultra Version. Anyway I'll post more when he is done and the other is done anyway but he will be my Terminus tank commander for the Apoc game if all goes well.
Michaelharmon
Michaelharmon
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 613
Armies : Black Templar, Grey Knight Terminator Squad, Imperial Gaurd Leman Russ support tanks and Hellhammer, THunderbolt Imperial Navy Flier.
Registration date : 2008-03-02

Back to top Go down

SGT Chronus Empty Re: SGT Chronus

Post by Diosamblet Sun Dec 14, 2008 10:38 pm

Very nice Mike. I think the black highlights came out very smooth.

Now some constructive criticism: I think the red helmet would benefit greatly with orange and yellow highlights along the edges to bring the detail out.

I hope I can be as productive as you once I'm home! I'm itching to finish my O&G!
Diosamblet
Diosamblet
Primarch

Number of posts : 672
Registration date : 2008-03-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaelharmon Sun Dec 14, 2008 10:43 pm

Thanks brother. It I think when my wife lightened the image the highlights vanished for some reason. The helmet was a dry brush up from scab red, gore red, and then bool red and the edges came out better. I'm not done yet so I am going to try and brush it up just a bit more I think;)
Michaelharmon
Michaelharmon
Primarch

Male
Armies : Black Templar, Grey Knight Terminator Squad, Imperial Gaurd Leman Russ support tanks and Hellhammer, THunderbolt Imperial Navy Flier.

Back to top Go down

Post by Diosamblet Sun Dec 14, 2008 11:06 pm

Have you tried highlighting with watered down paint? The effect will be a lot more dramatic (although it might not be what you are looking for). I used that for the red face paint of my savage orc boss:

https://s212.photobucket.com/albums/cc165/Diosamblet/?action=view&current=P1010019-2.jpg (I just wish the image wasn't as blurry)
Diosamblet
Diosamblet
Primarch

Number of posts : 672
Registration date : 2008-03-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Valhalla114 Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:01 am

Cgt Mikhail, the tank ace. After yourself. Or Sgt. Corbinus. I dont know why I like them both. Or maybe Sgt. Dick, cause he's in your face with 8 lascannons.
Valhalla114
Valhalla114
Dark Apostle

Number of posts : 465
Armies : Guard, Sisers, =][=, Blood Angels.
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaelharmon Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:41 am

Hrm... wanting to keep it subtle on the highlights but I have two of these helmets and I'm going to do another of the same color of a white varient to see which I like better. Worse cazse I'll strip and start from scratch but this is a pretty heft zoom so that de-pixalates a little. When you see him he looks alot crisper. Anyway I'll post more when he is done. I'm contemplating whether or not to put the black templars icon on the right pauldron or just leave it white since it already has so much there. not sure yet.

As to the names those really aren't bad. Mikhailmakes me think of MChales Navy for some reason. Old TV show. Corbinus sounds familiar from a movie and is nice to though. Hrm... I must dwell on this.
Michaelharmon
Michaelharmon
Primarch

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Plague30 Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:36 am

Zeth - descendant of Koriel Zeth

or maybe Cmder. Remulos
Plague30
Plague30
Traitor Marine

Number of posts : 192
Armies : Chaos
Registration date : 2008-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post by dork_jedi Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:48 am

Sgt. Slaughter?
Cmdr. Charon
Cmdr. Montgisard (a battle won by the Knights Templar)
Cpt. de Molay (Templar Grand Master at the time of the dissolution)
Cpt. Fulk (Hospitalier Grand Master at the time of the dissolution)

All pulled from Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knights_Templar
dork_jedi
dork_jedi
Demon Prince

Male
Number of posts : 1002
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:02 am

Cpt. Crunch
SFC Apone..."Look into my eye". From Aliens.
SSG Barnes...from Platoon
Lt. Otto Carius...German Panzer Ace. I posted his history in Flames of War General discussion.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Number of posts : 3612
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.
Registration date : 2008-02-27

https://splinterfaction.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaelharmon Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:17 pm

Hrm... Sgt Carius... Definatly like the German Panzer ace feel to it. I think Carius will do.
Michaelharmon
Michaelharmon
Primarch

Male

Back to top Go down

SGT Chronus Empty SGT Carius

Post by Michaelharmon Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:22 pm

SGT Chronus Pic-1

SGT Chronus Pic1
Black Templar Land Raider Ace SGT Carius (Thanks Bill;) Named for Lt Otto Carius, German Panzer Ace.
I'll have to work up a back story later.

https://2img.net/h/i182.photobucket.com/albums/x172/harmon75/Warhammer%2040k/pic2-1.jpg

https://2img.net/h/i182.photobucket.com/albums/x172/harmon75/Warhammer%2040k/pic3.jpg

Well here is the standing version. Did my first baseing of this type and I think for a first time it turned out fair. I even thru in a severed tyranid claw because I like to taunt the enemies of the Imperium. Anyway I havne't done is bare head yet and may not as I have two helmets from buyijng a second one of this guy (Needless to say I have extra bits from him and only inted to keep the pack at this point if anyone need some pieces otherwise I may do a dead version of him).

I'll hopefully have him at the APOC game this sat if I get to play. Hope to see some poeple there either in support of or on the recieving end of him commanding my Terminus Land raider with three other land raiders in support. Should be nasty.
Michaelharmon
Michaelharmon
Primarch

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaelharmon Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:41 am

Looks like I wasted my time on this one. Black Templars aren't Codex Marines and since they aren't they can't use this guy... Ah well got a cool tank commander and a new techmarine I guess.
Michaelharmon
Michaelharmon
Primarch

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:31 pm

Ahh but good Mike Harmon, in Apoc it doesn't matter!!

If your gonna use him for regular games then he's no good, but in apoc you can just have his land raider with him in it from the SM codex. Nobody is gonna give you grief about it in apoc, cause its apoc. Very Happy

scurrdi
Chaos God

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2008-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaelharmon Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:22 pm

Hrm... true
Michaelharmon
Michaelharmon
Primarch

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum