The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HMGS RECON in Cocoa Beach

5 posters

Go down

HMGS RECON in Cocoa Beach Empty HMGS RECON in Cocoa Beach

Post by Hurricane Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:20 am

Welcome to the Historical Miniature Gaming Society - South Chapter, known to all as HMGS-South.

Our organization is known as the absolute best gaming group in the southeast. And our conventions draw the best games and game masters from all over the country.

We boast a membership of over 500 from all across the world, including some of Florida's best local gaming clubs from the Panhandle to the Keys

At HMGS-South, our goal is to promote all areas of gaming with an emphasis on historical miniatures and provide an atmosphere of fun and education about our hobby.

We provide our members two great conventions every year: RECON in the spring and HURRICON in the fall.

Each convention hosts over 100 board, card, miniature, and RPG games hosted by our professional game masters and members. At our conventions we not only provide attendees a chance to play, but an opportunity to buy, sell, and learn about what's new, what's old, and what's up and coming in the gaming industry.

Not too crowded, not too few, but just right. And this spring we will be at the beach !

Come join us in promoting the hobby, or just to roll some dice and have a good time

I'm planning on attending this event. I went to Hurricon with my family last year in Orlando and had a blast. I might take my family again, but I am very interested in going with a few friends. Anyone interested?

Here is a link to the convention
http://hmgs-south.com/recon09.htm
Hurricane
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1622
Armies : Mormon Crusaders,Sisters of Battle, Lizardmen, British and Fallschirmjager
Registration date : 2008-03-01

Back to top Go down

HMGS RECON in Cocoa Beach Empty Re: HMGS RECON in Cocoa Beach

Post by scurrdi Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:37 am

I also plan on attending this event, though my logistics are still being figured out. Cocoa Beach is not the best place to fly to, so I'm gonna see what we can do.

Just so you guys know, they usually have a 40k Tournament, a Fantasy Tournament, and an FOW Tournament (among lots and lots of other things). Its only 3 hours away so you could make it into a day trip if you wanted to do basically the whole day, though I would recommend just splitting a hotel for one night (only 99 bucks) and figuring out what events you want to go to.

I'm sure they'll have a schedule up soon but as Eric pointed out, the convention is alot of fun!

scurrdi
Chaos God

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2008-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:41 am

I'll see if i can make plans to attend it, but is migthy close to Finals week.
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Number of posts : 2971
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:18 pm

Look like fun!
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 2812
Armies : [WHFB] DoC, Lizardmen, O&G [LoTR] Moria [40k] Daemons [WM/H] RoS, Cryx, Cygnar, Mercs, Gators, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Love Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:44 pm

To far for me, plus its around finals time.
Dr. Love
Dr. Love
Dark Apostle

Male
Number of posts : 344
Armies : Orks, Empire, Imperial Guard (WIP)
Registration date : 2008-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down