The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Joining the Ranks.

+5
ShadowMaster
Ovich
dork_jedi
Diosamblet
scurrdi
9 posters

Go down

Joining the Ranks. Empty Joining the Ranks.

Post by scurrdi Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:49 pm

So...

I'm engaged!

Yeah thats right, I asked my girlfriend Sarah Elfrank tonight to marry me and the crazy is, she said yes! So I'm joining the ranks of you married folk!

scurrdi
Chaos God

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2008-03-04

Back to top Go down

Joining the Ranks. Empty Re: Joining the Ranks.

Post by Diosamblet Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:55 pm

I'm so sorry for your l... I mean, seriously, congrats Dan!
Diosamblet
Diosamblet
Primarch

Number of posts : 672
Registration date : 2008-03-06

Back to top Go down

Post by dork_jedi Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:04 am

Gratz bro
dork_jedi
dork_jedi
Demon Prince

Male
Number of posts : 1002
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:43 am

OH My god.

You poor fool.

A young, tall , dark and handsome stud like yourself, signing your life away.. brings a tear to me eyes.

No but seriously, Congrats Dan. Just don't have any kids for a while and you'll be allright.
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male
Number of posts : 2629
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:17 am

Gratz
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 2812
Armies : [WHFB] DoC, Lizardmen, O&G [LoTR] Moria [40k] Daemons [WM/H] RoS, Cryx, Cygnar, Mercs, Gators, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:04 am

Congratulations on loosing all control of your life !!!! cheers

Now you really wont be able to play much of anything !
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Number of posts : 2971
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:23 am

Remember when you were 12 and your parents controlled your every move? Well get ready for a repeat of that...except that the wisdom, love and genuine care that came with the parental control will be absent. It will simply be control. Just like when Hitler was elected and then BAM he's disolves the parliment and becomes the Feuhrer. Gaming...that will slowly become a rare event. It will become competition for your wife and she will try everything in her power to destroy it. "My wife wont do that she has her own friends and will do things with them". WRONG...she will hang out less and less with her friends until you basically become her only friend. This will be one of the tactics she uses to eliminate you gaming. YOU will be her entertainment and whenever you go to game she's gonna lay a guilt trip on you because she'll be at home doing nothing or at work. May Nurgle have mercy on you and strike you down with some pox or disease that will end the potential suffering you will endure. Its just like serving the emperor...all sacrifice and very little or no reward. I understand your nievity and you will enjoy the first few years...then she will drive away Slaneesh(naughty pleasures) and Tzeentch(change and newness) and you will be a slave to the corpse god with no reward or appreciation. Oh my friend what are you doing? Your high standards in women will fade as well. You'll find yourself eyeballing women that when you were single and alive you would have turned your nose up at.

In conclusion congradulations my friend welcome to the ranks of the lost and the damned.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Number of posts : 3612
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.
Registration date : 2008-02-27

https://splinterfaction.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:43 am

Ovich wrote:OH My god.

You poor fool.

A young, tall , dark and handsome stud like yourself, signing your life away.. brings a tear to me eyes.

No but seriously, Congrats Dan. Just don't have any kids for a while and you'll be allright.

Stephan is right. As long as your childless you can walk away and that will keep her in check...to a point. It worked with me. I gamed every Wednesday and on occasion on a weekend. As soon as the first child appeared is when things deteriorated. To relate it to a movie its like Aliens, the Marines survive the first encounter with those beasts ,but eventually the get into operations and widdle down their ranks. First Hudson and then Vaquez and Gorman and then Bishop is torn asunder. As the Great Humungus of the Mad Max series said "Just walk away, there's been too much pain too much suffering...just walk away".
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:25 pm

LOL, congrats Dan. You just need to be a real man and stand up for yourself. Unlike these other poor bastards. I still game once a week or more, depending on how much fishing and hunting I do. Of Course, most of it is at my house but who cares, I'm still gaming.
Hurricane
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1622
Armies : Mormon Crusaders,Sisters of Battle, Lizardmen, British and Fallschirmjager
Registration date : 2008-03-01

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:45 pm

Here we go again. Erics wife doesnt work so she can spend time with him whenever he's available unlike those of us with wives who work full time. Let me say there's nothing wrong with being a stay at home wife, but dont compare apples and oranges. I was waiting for that from Eric. Eric has an advantage in that his wife realizes he's the sole bread winner and feels obligated to give him some gaming time. Also being a stay at home mother she feels obligated to watch the boys while Eric games..unlike other wives who work 40+ hours a week. In the end there are always exceptions anyhow and Erics situation is more the exception than the rule. Im sure when she puts her foot down Big tough Eric backs down. I gurantee if Christine worked old big tough hunter Eric wouldnt be talking trash. Afterall he has the most to lose out of all the married guys on our forum. 3 sons and a stay at home wife...WOW how hard would the court railroad my good friend? I dare say youd be living in an efficiency and cursing you ex-wifes name. Lets see...child support X3 and alimony. Can you say sodomized. Then lets see what a real man you are.

Last edited by rokassan on Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:45 pm

Hurricane wrote:LOL, congrats Dan. You just need to be a real man and stand up for yourself. Unlike these other poor bastards. I still game once a week or more, depending on how much fishing and hunting I do. Of Course, most of it is at my house but who cares, I'm still gaming.

you were smart, you buried your wife under kids so she cant see what you are doing !!! Very Happy
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Number of posts : 2971
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:50 pm

And its her JOB to take care of them. If she worked 40+ hours a week our boy Eric wouldnt be talking trash. She'd want help with the kids and to spend more time with him because she wouldnt be home all the time to see him.

Apples and Oranges Eric...you cant compare your situation to ours.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by lordfairfax2001 Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:34 pm

Congrats Dan...it's not all bad...now you can get fat and happy, cause she's stuck with you -- at least that's my excuse!
lordfairfax2001
lordfairfax2001
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 739
Armies : WHFB: High Elves, Wood Elves, Lizardmen and many more; WH40K: SM, Ordo Malleus, Eldar; BFG: Eldar; M
Registration date : 2008-03-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:01 pm

You know how you can tell that a dog is mans best friend. ?

Take your dog and lock it in a trunk for 2 hours. Then take your wife and lock her in your trunk for 2 hours. When they come out, take a look at how they react to you.

That's why a dog is man's best friend.
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male
Number of posts : 2629
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:11 pm

Oh my, well thanks for the congrats everybody!

I'm not too concerned about it, I've worked in the gaming scene progressively with her so it came by surprise. I'm going off to Atlanta this weekend actually to go play some FOW tournament action.

But hey, who knows what'll happen!

scurrdi
Chaos God

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2008-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down