The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WHFB/WoTR hybrid

+2
luis the young
ShadowMaster
6 posters

Go down

WHFB/WoTR hybrid Empty WHFB/WoTR hybrid

Post by ShadowMaster Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:08 pm

I played some WoTR on Tuesday and I really like some aspects of the system. One thing in particular that is cool is the flip flop of the turn sequence.

Roll for Priority (who goes first - this happen each turn)
player 1 moves
player 2 moves
player 1 shoots
player 2 shoots
player 1 charges
player 2 charges
Close Combat

That got me to wondering...... Do you think you could play WHFB using this adjustment.

Roll for Priority
player 1 charges/moves
player 2 chargesmoves
player 1 magic
player 2 magic
player 1 shoots
player 2 shoots
Close Combat

Seems like a much more logical sequence. I think that would be a cool game format to try oout.
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 2812
Armies : [WHFB] DoC, Lizardmen, O&G [LoTR] Moria [40k] Daemons [WM/H] RoS, Cryx, Cygnar, Mercs, Gators, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Back to top Go down

WHFB/WoTR hybrid Empty Re: WHFB/WoTR hybrid

Post by luis the young Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:16 pm

We could try it out and see how it works , hehehe, should be interesting, maybe we can get together next week or something, after work.
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Number of posts : 2971
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:42 pm

What did you think of the might points and the heroic and epic actions?
Hurricane
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1622
Armies : Mormon Crusaders,Sisters of Battle, Lizardmen, British and Fallschirmjager
Registration date : 2008-03-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Autarch (CM) Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:59 pm

ShadowMaster wrote:I played some WoTR on Tuesday and I really like some aspects of the system. One thing in particular that is cool is the flip flop of the turn sequence.

Seems like a much more logical sequence. I think that would be a cool game format to try oout.

I wouldn't mind trying it out. It doesn't seem like too big a stretch to apply to WHFB, the alternating turn sequence is a throwback to Epic Armageddon, if I recall correctly.
Autarch (CM)
Autarch (CM)
Dark Apostle

Male
Number of posts : 452
Armies : WHFB: Greenskins, Wood Elves | FoW: Wermacht Heer | WM/H: Blindwater Congregation
Registration date : 2008-03-02

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:15 pm

I didn't have anything Epic to use, but the Heroic points and abilities are cool.

It is neat they are balanced as a common pool of abilities, so nobody has anything too over the top compared to others. You get about 5 options, all which seemed to have a use in certain situations.

It is the SC abilites that concern me at this point.
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male
Armies : [WHFB] DoC, Lizardmen, O&G [LoTR] Moria [40k] Daemons [WM/H] RoS, Cryx, Cygnar, Mercs, Gators, Skorne

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:17 pm

luis the young wrote:We could try it out and see how it works , hehehe, should be interesting, maybe we can get together next week or something, after work.

Nights at Sunshine are tough these days. Monday is D&D, Tues WoTR, Wed is 40k, Thurs is WM/H. How about a long lunch "doctors appointment" earlier in the day?
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:24 pm

Hehe thats an option.

I just learned some info about WOTR, and they said that the the turn sequence is different in WOTR from LOTR, where you do a complete turn.

They could be wrong, but I'd double-check the rulebook.

scurrdi
Chaos God

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2008-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Frantic Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:53 am

Its funny that this turn sequence thing is a big deal to all the WH people. Smile I've never played either WH game but every other tabletop game ive played has a similar turn sequence to WoTR. In WoTR you have the Priority or initiative phase move phase, (where magic is also done) shoot phase, charge phase and combat phase and then repeat.
Frantic
Frantic
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 762
Armies : WoTR: Gondor & Harad. AT-43:UNA & Red Blok. Battletech: Clan Jade Falcon & FedSuns.
Registration date : 2009-02-19

http://www.myspace.com/djfrantic

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down