The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Whats the deal with the WOTR/LOTR all of the sudden?

5 posters

Go down

Whats the deal with the WOTR/LOTR all of the sudden? Empty Whats the deal with the WOTR/LOTR all of the sudden?

Post by Valhalla114 Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:53 pm

Did I miss something? What's with all the gaming. Was there a new codex or something?
Valhalla114
Valhalla114
Dark Apostle

Number of posts : 465
Armies : Guard, Sisers, =][=, Blood Angels.
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Whats the deal with the WOTR/LOTR all of the sudden? Empty Re: Whats the deal with the WOTR/LOTR all of the sudden?

Post by scurrdi Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:50 pm

Nah, I think there is just a sudden interest.

scurrdi
Chaos God

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2008-03-04

Back to top Go down

Whats the deal with the WOTR/LOTR all of the sudden? Empty Re: Whats the deal with the WOTR/LOTR all of the sudden?

Post by ShadowMaster Fri May 01, 2009 7:09 am

War of the Ring recently launched.

A small regular group of guys were playing it and a few of the whfb guys have joined in.
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 2812
Armies : [WHFB] DoC, Lizardmen, O&G [LoTR] Moria [40k] Daemons [WM/H] RoS, Cryx, Cygnar, Mercs, Gators, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by jerryb Fri May 01, 2009 12:52 pm

Valhalla, GW recently (25 April) released War of the Ring. This changed or added to the Lord of the Ring strategic battle game system.

You use the same models, but due to the new game system size, you will need additional models. Of course it depends what you have now, if at all. In my case, I only had to add one box of infantry for my Gondor force.

Everyone who has seen or reviewed the mechanics say it is well thought out (although not all have started to play).

I believe it to be the best product GW has released in recent years. They have incorporated a lot of the systems mechanics of FOW and Warmachine, which is fine since those companies have taken and improved the table top system from GW, so the circle is complete.

Those who have started to play, really enjoy the game, so it has attracted a lot of attention and they are excited about the game. Also a lot of new people who had now prior interest in GW products are now coming aboard, which I believe was GW's original intent with the first try.

Come by this Sunday to Sunshine and have a look.

JerryB
jerryb
jerryb
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1451
Armies : AT-43, Pyrates, Battle Tech
Registration date : 2008-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Valhalla114 Sat May 02, 2009 1:56 am

Is the War of the Ring book a stand alone or do you need other codices?
Valhalla114
Valhalla114
Dark Apostle

Number of posts : 465
Armies : Guard, Sisers, =][=, Blood Angels.
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Sat May 02, 2009 2:06 am

one book to rule them all
(stand alone)
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 2812
Armies : [WHFB] DoC, Lizardmen, O&G [LoTR] Moria [40k] Daemons [WM/H] RoS, Cryx, Cygnar, Mercs, Gators, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by jerryb Mon May 04, 2009 12:49 pm

Valhalla, all you need (really) is the WotR book. This one of several major points why I like this system. If you want to research you opponents army you do not have to run out and buy another codex or army book for $25.

I have spent hundreds dollars just in GW books for Fantasy and 40K!

$50.00 for the hardback. In stock at Sunshine. A lot less then 4 paper back 40K codex.

Shadow,nice touch, I like that "one book to rule them all".

JerryB

Last edited by jerryb on Mon May 04, 2009 4:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
jerryb
jerryb
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1451
Armies : AT-43, Pyrates, Battle Tech
Registration date : 2008-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Frantic Mon May 04, 2009 12:59 pm

because its a great game Smile
Frantic
Frantic
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 762
Armies : WoTR: Gondor & Harad. AT-43:UNA & Red Blok. Battletech: Clan Jade Falcon & FedSuns.
Registration date : 2009-02-19

http://www.myspace.com/djfrantic

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down