The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

hey everyone!!! Tyranids!!!

Go down

hey everyone!!! Tyranids!!! Empty hey everyone!!! Tyranids!!!

Post by Ariel Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:25 pm

Thanks to Brian i am now paying warhammer 40k. Awesome game.
This blog will be about the building of my first 40k army. Tyranid Hive Fleet Kraken.

After finally paying Joel off for the battle force i finally have my little army to build. First off, building these little buggers was, im not going to say a pain because i actually enjoyed posing the critters, but very tedious. after three long nights of no sleep, i finally built all of them and in the process of painting them now. i would have started the blog earlier but i didn't have time . . . now i do.

i should say that games workshop gave me a hormagaunt with two left scything talons . . . retarded yes, i know. i fixed the problem by just gluing (im using super glue btw) second left arm any way and then holding it to a flame. i used a tea candle, you know those little tiny ones that moms like to have around an never light, any way, so that melted it enough for me to mold it into the right shape. it looks pretty good . . you will notice it though. Also with the candle idea i wanted to make my gaunts stand out, so i used the dame technique and molded the tails, so now they are bened and look like the gaunts are moving and stuff like that, its pretty cool, i like how that came out as well. (you have to be careful though, too much heat an the tail falls off or it withers into a blob)

Now here comes painting, my territory. seeing as i am an artist this should be no problem. the thing is i painted on flat surfaces . . .not space aliens from another dimension. but i have my ways. (i will post pics up later today i think)

Here's the procedure i went about while painting my 'nids. (if any one else wants to give it a shot)
1. Apply a kinda watered down coat of the foundation paint tallren flesh. (this will give it that nice organic feel later)
2. Dry brush bleached bone on the non carapace parts of the body when the foundation drys. (you can go crazy with this, dont worry if it gets on the carapace, you will fix that later later)
3. When that is dry apply a generous amount of the wash ogryn flesh. (this will get into the crevices and joints of the model giving it all the shadows)
4. After that drys, (make sure it is, you don't want to blend that wash with the next paint), do another dry brush coat of bleached bone, carefully this time as not to get it on the carapace . . although i found that if a little gets on its ok too. (this is, essentially, your highlights)
5. Now you will place the super highlights on the model, this being a 50/50 paint combo of bleached bone and skull white, on the parts you want. ( make this an ultra dry brush and not to much paint, i used this on the teeth and the top parts of the non carapace body)
6. The carapace. paint the carapace parts with scab red. (claws, spikes and others things like that)
7. Apply a wash of ogryn flesh on it. carefully, you don't want to get it on the body you worked hard on.
8. Now, you can leave it like this or add to the tips of the carapace blood red for a nice effect.
9. All that's left is the little details, like the eyes, weapons and other little things you could find.
10. base it.

That is essentially what i did to paint my first batch of tyranids, them being hormagaunts. im on my termagaunts right now on step 6. can not wait to paint carnifex.

Now ill get pics up of today and of my progress of the up and coming weeks. hope you like. stay tuned.
[img]hey everyone!!! Tyranids!!! IMG_4039[/img][img]hey everyone!!! Tyranids!!! IMG_4040[/img][img]hey everyone!!! Tyranids!!! Photo116[/img][img]hey everyone!!! Tyranids!!! IMG_4041[/img][img]hey everyone!!! Tyranids!!! IMG_4047[/img][img]hey everyone!!! Tyranids!!! Photo117[/img][img]hey everyone!!! Tyranids!!! Photo118[/img][img]hey everyone!!! Tyranids!!! Photo119[/img]

Link if you Internets slow: https://s159.photobucket.com/albums/t132/chronic69000/

(yeah i know . . .bad quality pics . . srry)
Ariel
Ariel
Recruit

Male
Number of posts : 18
Armies : Tyranids : Hive fleet Kraken
Registration date : 2009-06-04

Back to top Go down