The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

9k point free for all

3 posters

Go down

9k point free for all Empty 9k point free for all

Post by ShadowMaster Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:37 pm

Yesterday I played in my biggest game of WHFB to date. A 9000 point, 4 man, free for all game with roaming monster objectives!
We had the board setup as a large cross. Each player deployed on one edge, with a 4x4 section in the middle. Board edges block LoS.

In the middle were 2 Chaos Giants and 2 units of 2 skirmished trolls - each with an artifact to capture. When killed - new monsters spawned in the middle with new objectives. Only objectives counted for the win - points killed/lost did not matter.

You were allowed to shoot or cast into combat that your army was not involved in (randomizing hits).

We rolled for move order each turn (like WoTR priority)

The Armies
Bretonia - 4 large KoTr units, pegasus knights, 2 units of battle pilgrims, bunch of archers, and a treb.
Empire - 4 large knight units, 2 pistoller units, 2 handgunner units, and 1 canon
Daemons - DP, HoS BSB, HoT, block of Deamonettes, block of Bloodletters, block of horrors, FH unit, 4 flamers, Fiend
Lizzies - Old blood on Carnisaur, EoTG Steggy, 2 priests, 40 skinks, 4 krox, 5 cold one cav, 3 sallies, 3 terradons

All 4 monsters ran away from my side - so went to work on the other players.
On turn one I was able to use my Terragons to drop rocks on the Slaaneesh fiend and I took him to 1 wound. The terradons would fall victim to the Sirens Song in round 2 as they were lured to their death by ASF deamonettes.

The empire knights had me pinned in my deployment zone. I managed to get the carnisaur out who's mere presence cause 1 knight unit to flee in terror. A 2nd knight unit fell to a combo of Sallie breath, priest magic, and the crushing charge of the carni. That is a pretty short list of high-lights. My steggy ate a Treb shot dead on and he never saw combat - he was run down while trying to flee the charge of yet more empire knights. I lost some skins to the flesh hounds - who were tied up in battle with the krox. The sallies were defeated by Empire knights.

The whole game took around 5 hours to play.

It came down to a final round of combat between the Brets, the DoC, a troll unit, and a giant. The Brett champ took down the giant, who fell over and crushed the DP and HoS BSB. This allowed the KoTR to finish off the last few flamers to an now unrollable instability test. The Bretts claimed the last 2 artifacts to finish one ahead of the DoC player.

My lizzies finished last with no objectives captures and about 1400 in troops lost.

Painful - but FUN!
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 2812
Armies : [WHFB] DoC, Lizardmen, O&G [LoTR] Moria [40k] Daemons [WM/H] RoS, Cryx, Cygnar, Mercs, Gators, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Back to top Go down

9k point free for all Empty Re: 9k point free for all

Post by luis the young Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:53 pm

Lol, that sounded great man, where did you play that ??
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Number of posts : 2971
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:28 pm

We played at Tate's. Took the whole back corner.
There was a full crowd of people - I saw games of 40k, WoTR, and FoW going down.
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male
Armies : [WHFB] DoC, Lizardmen, O&G [LoTR] Moria [40k] Daemons [WM/H] RoS, Cryx, Cygnar, Mercs, Gators, Skorne

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:05 pm

Nice, i liked Tates a lot, but is a shame that is so damn far to drive there for casual gaming. Cant wait for them to have their next fantasy tournament.
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Number of posts : 2971
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:53 pm

ShadowMaster wrote:The Armies
Bretonia - 4 large KoTr units, pegasus knights, 2 units of battle pilgrims, bunch of archers, and a treb.
Empire - 4 large knight units, 2 pistoller units, 2 handgunner units, and 1 canon
Daemons - DP, HoS BSB, HoT, block of Deamonettes, block of Bloodletters, block of horrors, FH unit, 4 flamers, Fiend
Lizzies - Old blood on Carnisaur, EoTG Steggy, 2 priests, 40 skinks, 4 krox, 5 cold one cav, 3 sallies, 3 terradons

Sorry to point out a fact, but he had two units of battle pilgrims? If they both did the whole "hatred & stubborn" thing with the grail reliquary then his list was ILLEGAL. The Grail Reliquary is a 0 - 1 choice with no way that I know of to remove that 0 - 1.

Otherwise it looks like it was a blast!

scurrdi
Chaos God

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2008-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:38 am

They were just junk core r&f - not the grail guys
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:33 am

ahhh ok. just checking! Very Happy

scurrdi
Chaos God

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2008-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content