The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unsolved History - The plot to kill Hitler.

+2
rokassan
Ovich
6 posters

Go down

Unsolved History - The plot to kill Hitler. Empty Unsolved History - The plot to kill Hitler.

Post by Ovich Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:07 am

Just finished watching this on one of the discovery channels. A team of scientists painstakingly reproduced the setup that Hitler was in during the Von Staufenberg assasination attempt in 1944. They recreated everything down to wood of the table that was being used in the meeting.

First they detonated the c-4 equivalent in the same spot where it was actually placed according to history. True enough, all the readings from instruments showed what happened as did the Hitler manaquin.

In the second test they showed what would have happened if the briefcase had not been moved in the last few seconds before detonation. Hitler would have been subjected to less shrapnel, but would have been hit with 3 times the amount of pressure which would have easily killed him.

In the third test they recreated what would have happened if Von Staufenberg had left the un primed charge in the briefcase along with the one that he had managed to prime. The test showed that even though the second charge was un primed, it would have ignited and blew. If this had happened, everyone in the room would have been toast.

It's amazing how many things that could have gone wrong went wrong. As a result, another 12 million people died. Shit like that makes you question if God really does exist.
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male
Number of posts : 2629
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Unsolved History - The plot to kill Hitler. Empty Re: Unsolved History - The plot to kill Hitler.

Post by rokassan Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:05 am

God created and then saved Hitler numerous times...makes me want to go to church. Rolling Eyes
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Number of posts : 3612
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.
Registration date : 2008-02-27

https://splinterfaction.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Unsolved History - The plot to kill Hitler. Empty Re: Unsolved History - The plot to kill Hitler.

Post by dork_jedi Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:53 am

my mother always told me: "god loves assholes and idiots".

This sort of thing makes me want to read alt-history books like Harry Turtledove. You know, if this *one* little thing had changed, then fast forward the timeline. Example, I'm (still) reading What Few Remain by him in it Order 191 actually made it to the Confederate officer it was meant for and so the South won the American Civil War, then fast-forward down the timeline 20 years, Lincoln is a marx-preaching communist, England and France are supporting the CSA and the USA's sole powerful ally is Germany and they're heading into WWI.

I am really looking for an analysis (fiction or non) on what the world would be like if humans never domesticated animals or learned agriculture. No luck so far... my own personal analysis:

The population would be miniscule in comparison - they are hunting, and the only way to ensure enough to feed the tribe and keep the food source sustainable would be a small population

No cities - with no agriculture there would be no reason to settle permanently thus no reason to build a city

Disease would be a minimum – the smaller the population, the less bacteria they are sharing. Smaller infection possibilities from animals. Nomadic groups would not have the same issues of bacteria and virii in feces due to the amount of time they would spend in one area.

/nerdiness
dork_jedi
dork_jedi
Demon Prince

Male
Number of posts : 1002

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:20 pm

Didn't Command & Conquer teach you anything fools! The Russians!!! Oh no!
Kyle
Kyle
Chaos God

Number of posts : 1433
Armies : Infinity-Yu Jing, Heavy Gear-North, 40K-IG/Orks, Uncharted Seas-Shroud Mages, FoW-SS, AM Naval-Japanese, Hordes-Trolls, Blood Bowl-Goblins, Malifaux- Guild, Anima-Azure, BFG- Chaos, Dystopian Wars- Brits
Registration date : 2008-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Warlord Solskritt Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:01 pm

dork_jedi wrote:my mother always told me: "god loves assholes and idiots".

This sort of thing makes me want to read alt-history books like Harry Turtledove. You know, if this *one* little thing had changed, then fast forward the timeline. Example, I'm (still) reading What Few Remain by him in it Order 191 actually made it to the Confederate officer it was meant for and so the South won the American Civil War, then fast-forward down the timeline 20 years, Lincoln is a marx-preaching communist, England and France are supporting the CSA and the USA's sole powerful ally is Germany and they're heading into WWI.

I am really looking for an analysis (fiction or non) on what the world would be like if humans never domesticated animals or learned agriculture. No luck so far... my own personal analysis:

The population would be miniscule in comparison - they are hunting, and the only way to ensure enough to feed the tribe and keep the food source sustainable would be a small population

No cities - with no agriculture there would be no reason to settle permanently thus no reason to build a city

Disease would be a minimum – the smaller the population, the less bacteria they are sharing. Smaller infection possibilities from animals. Nomadic groups would not have the same issues of bacteria and virii in feces due to the amount of time they would spend in one area.

/nerdiness

Harry Turtledove is awesome! I've read "Guns of the South","How few remain",The Great War series,and now I'm on the first of the American Empire series.
Warlord Solskritt
Warlord Solskritt
Imperial Guard Commissar

Male
Number of posts : 1105
Armies : Rats,Uruk-Hai,Germans
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by TheLimey Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:00 pm

Hitler managed to avoid three or four seperate assasination attempts over the years. The NKVD and SOE both had plans to send teams into Germany, and he avoided three bombing attempts.
TheLimey
TheLimey
Traitor Captain

Male
Number of posts : 266
Armies : Games played: Starship Troopers, Epic...
Registration date : 2009-08-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:21 pm

I wonder how many wives and girlfriends are going to ask their significant others whether or not Inglorious Bastards really happened or not ?

HAHAhaHAh
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male
Number of posts : 2629
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down