The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

EPIC: Warlord Titan, Lucius Pattern

+2
McSheehy
Michaelharmon
6 posters

Go down

EPIC: Warlord Titan, Lucius Pattern Empty EPIC: Warlord Titan, Lucius Pattern

Post by Michaelharmon Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:59 pm

EPIC: Warlord Titan, Lucius Pattern 01b17fef
I am a God of War...
EPIC: Warlord Titan, Lucius Pattern Fd2b1e1f
Where I rage Cities Burn...
EPIC: Warlord Titan, Lucius Pattern 4ad9116d
Where I walk worlds tremble...
EPIC: Warlord Titan, Lucius Pattern 1d2a3a7f
Death is left in my wake...

Had this guy sitting in my project bin for a few months since the novel Titanicus came out. I've always loved this model and really had to get one after the book. What I wouldn't give to build a 40k Scale one for an Apoc game. But with as little as I play it's hard to justify. The deal with the wife is I paint more of what I have and I can buy more since I don't play enough to justify the expense at this point. Anyway, I'd love tor try Adeptus Titanicus and I have a huge Space Marin Epic army with a sizable ork and a small eldar contingent (All unpainted or well sprayed with paint but n ot by me). I'd like to try a game if anyone knows the rules well enough.

Oh yeah... I may still add some Legion banners if I can find some small enough chain and feel the urge later. Right now though I think he turned out well. Simple paint job that highlights his details. Also I left the head pinned so I can move it or rotate it.
Michaelharmon
Michaelharmon
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 613
Armies : Black Templar, Grey Knight Terminator Squad, Imperial Gaurd Leman Russ support tanks and Hellhammer, THunderbolt Imperial Navy Flier.
Registration date : 2008-03-02

Back to top Go down

EPIC: Warlord Titan, Lucius Pattern Empty Old School

Post by Michaelharmon Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:05 pm

EPIC: Warlord Titan, Lucius Pattern 318ed473
If anyone is interested this is the old warlord model from EPIC with an ork Titan next to it.

EPIC: Warlord Titan, Lucius Pattern 05d96fd9
Then a side by side comparison of old a new. I have three of these old ones so I guess I could field four warlord titans. Nasty....
Michaelharmon
Michaelharmon
Primarch

Male
Armies : Black Templar, Grey Knight Terminator Squad, Imperial Gaurd Leman Russ support tanks and Hellhammer, THunderbolt Imperial Navy Flier.

Back to top Go down

EPIC: Warlord Titan, Lucius Pattern Empty Re: EPIC: Warlord Titan, Lucius Pattern

Post by McSheehy Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:24 pm

I definately like the look for the titan. To tell the truth I usually never care for the more common ways GW has painted their epic models... it always looked far too cartoonish for my tastes.

I much prefer what you did here. Simple, yet effective dry brushing with... greys it looks like? It looks good nonetheless.

I also forgot what the old Warlord looked like. I have to say I like the new model more.
The stompa next to the Warlord is humorous. Since the Stompa (as well as the other scout titans) have models for 40K it give you an appreciation of how large the Warlord's and larger titans are.

McSheehy
Traitor Marine

Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2009-09-17

Back to top Go down

EPIC: Warlord Titan, Lucius Pattern Empty Re: EPIC: Warlord Titan, Lucius Pattern

Post by Dakai Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:19 pm

nice..
Dakai
Dakai
Dark Apostle

Number of posts : 392
Registration date : 2008-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post by chef xenos Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:41 pm

looks like the stompa is gonna get stomped
chef xenos
chef xenos
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 814
Armies : {40k and apoc units} tyranids,gene-cult,exocrine,dominatrix,fortress of faith {bfg}tyranids {battletech} void-stalkers(merc/pirates)
Registration date : 2009-01-08

http://john80687.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:24 pm

You know, it's pretty awesome. But I missed the "EPIC" part and thought that Mike had built and painted an entire Warlord Titan.

That, would have been intense!

scurrdi
Chaos God

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2008-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by McSheehy Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:36 pm

scurrdi wrote:You know, it's pretty awesome. But I missed the "EPIC" part and thought that Mike had built and painted an entire Warlord Titan.

Especially since that would have made it about 3-4ft tall.

McSheehy
Traitor Marine

Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2009-09-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaelharmon Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:53 pm

Don't tempt me;)
Michaelharmon
Michaelharmon
Primarch

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The Eldar Guy Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:11 am

scurrdi wrote:You know, it's pretty awesome. But I missed the "EPIC" part and thought that Mike had built and painted an entire Warlord Titan.

I first thought he meant epic as in "That's fucking epic."

So yeah, me too : Razz
The Eldar Guy
The Eldar Guy
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1571
Armies : Eldar(40k & BFG), Dark Eldar (WIP), & Dark Elves
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down