The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ork Horde. Still viable ?

Go down

Ork Horde. Still viable ? Empty Ork Horde. Still viable ?

Post by luis the young Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:31 am

So im switching back to try the Horde approach again with my Orks, giving Ghazgkull and his Nobs a break. Havent played as much 40k lately and havent been in a tournament in God knows how long.
How do you guys think this would hold up this days ?

2000 points
HQ
Old Zogwort
Big Mek: Shokk Attack Gun, eavy armor, bosspole, cybork body

ELITES
Lootas: 10 lootas
Lootas: 10 lootas
Blood Axe komandos:
8 komandos, 2 burnas + Snikrott

TROOPS
Slugga boys:
25 slugga boys, 2 rockit launchers, Nob -power klaw, bosspole
Slugga Boys:
25 slugga boys, 2 rockit launchers, Nob-power klaw, bosspole
Shoota boys:
25 shoota boys, 2 big shootas, Nob-power klaw, bosspole
Gretchin:
27 grots, 2 runt herds

FAST ATTACK
Wartrack:
twinlinked big shoota, red paint
Wartrack:
twinlinked big shoota, red paint
Deffkoptas:
3 kopters, 2 buzz Saws, 1 twinlinked rockit launcher

HEAVY
Deff Dreadnought:
2 power klaws, 2 big shootas, armor plates, grot riggers
Deff Dreadnought:
2 power klaws, big shoota, skorcha, armor plates, grot riggers
Kannon battery:
3 kannons, 9 grots, 1 Runtherd.

I think i got a good balance of shooting, objective grabbing and close combat with this list.

My usual approach is to set up along line with the grots and advance behind them using them as a shield, they give a great cover save to my guys and can absorb any charges so my boys can counter charge after shooting the crap out of the enemy.

Old Zogwort is great, his curse ability is amazing at taking out independant characters, 18 inches and line of sight all that is required, win the roll and poof Magnus Calgar is now a Squig Smile he's also pretty tough in hand to hand, i attach him to the shoota boys just in case he rolls the teleport spell, have him pop somewhere juicy and unleash hell with 50+ shots.

The Shok Attack gun strikes fear in the heart of all those termis you see this days, AP 2 and an ordenance template can take out a lot of marines.

Snikrot is great in that he can come in from any table edge and his has strgth 6 on the charge with 6 attacks and rerroll misses, great for taking out those annoying tanks that like to sit backfield, the 2 burnas give me either 6 power weapon attacks on the charge or a nice flame template.

The lootas are awsone, they are the bane of anything amor 13 and below and can rape infantry, with a possible 30 shots, they are just too good to be left out.

With 75 boys on the field, i can march down the field, take a pounding and still give a world of hurt when i get there, 4 rockits adds up to all the vehicle taking power of the army.

The wartracks are good for contesting objectives and they dont do to bad on shooting either, i've always had good results when using them.

Deffkptas can outflank, VERY useful with 2 powerklaws in them. they can also turbo boost.

The 2 dreads add a big punch to the boys, specially dealing with those annoying AV14 vehicles.

the kannon battery is something i dont normally use, but 3 strgth 8 shots hitting on 4s is not bad at all.
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Number of posts : 2971
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Back to top Go down