The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

According to Warseer rumours, Ogres are the next Fantasy army!

+6
Vycem
jerryb
KingdomCome
luis the young
ShadowMaster
Diosamblet
10 posters

Go down

According to Warseer rumours, Ogres are the next Fantasy army! Empty According to Warseer rumours, Ogres are the next Fantasy army!

Post by Diosamblet Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:27 am

http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=243844

I'm happy, cuz I have 50+ Ogre mini's gathering dust in my closet!
Diosamblet
Diosamblet
Primarch

Number of posts : 672
Registration date : 2008-03-06

Back to top Go down

According to Warseer rumours, Ogres are the next Fantasy army! Empty Re: According to Warseer rumours, Ogres are the next Fantasy army!

Post by ShadowMaster Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:55 am

There are rumors for 3 different books and the 8th edition rules all floating around.

I'm pretty sure TK will be next.
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 2812
Armies : [WHFB] DoC, Lizardmen, O&G [LoTR] Moria [40k] Daemons [WM/H] RoS, Cryx, Cygnar, Mercs, Gators, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Back to top Go down

According to Warseer rumours, Ogres are the next Fantasy army! Empty Re: According to Warseer rumours, Ogres are the next Fantasy army!

Post by luis the young Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:32 am

BRING ON THE TOMB KINGS !!!
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Number of posts : 2971
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by KingdomCome Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:48 pm

Fo Sho! It's a win win for me. I have both those armies and they both nedd a bit of a revamp.
KingdomCome
KingdomCome
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1233
Armies : 40K: Tau, Eldar, SM FoW: Americans & Russians Infinity: Combined Army of EI WM/H: TrollBloods
Registration date : 2009-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by jerryb Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:09 pm

Isn't it their turn?
Or are they one of those armies that is neglected and ignored?
JerryB
jerryb
jerryb
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1451
Armies : AT-43, Pyrates, Battle Tech
Registration date : 2008-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:41 pm

More rumors flying around about 8th edition than which book and what will be in it.
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male
Armies : [WHFB] DoC, Lizardmen, O&G [LoTR] Moria [40k] Daemons [WM/H] RoS, Cryx, Cygnar, Mercs, Gators, Skorne

Back to top Go down

Post by jerryb Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:54 pm

8th edition already?!

Greedy, greedy, no shame....

JerryB
jerryb
jerryb
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1451
Armies : AT-43, Pyrates, Battle Tech
Registration date : 2008-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Vycem Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:58 am

Actually Jerry, I think a new edition is not a bad idea. The fantasy rules set could use some streamlining and refocusing - the way it's going, it makes more sense to run small elite units that actual army blocks, and the magic system does not seem to have been designed with the number of power die flying around with the current army books, not to mention that the army balance is way out of whack. Yes, some of that can be attributed to army books as is the case in 40k, but the imbalance is so dramatic across the board that the rules have to be answerable for some of that.

To put it this way, I play Necrons in 40k. Outdated codex, they're nowhere near being a competitive army in a tournament setting, but I can still hold my own and win a good number of matches because as imbalanced as the game may be, it's not over the top.

Ogres in Fantasy might as well be the toilet paper of the other armies. Yeah, outdated army book, but I think the rules themselves screw them to such a degree that it's hard to climb back up.

I think what they did to advance 5th ed 40k from 4th ed is overall brilliant, and I only hope that they give the same treatment to fantasy.

Vycem
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2008-05-29

Back to top Go down

Post by spazfrag666 Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:24 am

Vycem wrote:

Ogres in Fantasy might as well be the toilet paper of the other armies.

i disagree

spazfrag666
Traitor Guardsman

Male
Number of posts : 99
Armies : O&G,chaos dwarves,Ogre kingdoms
Registration date : 2009-02-14

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:41 am

I've watched Ogres slaughter Top Tier armies.

It's about how you play it, and unfortunately, it's a VERY unforgiving army.

scurrdi
Chaos God

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2008-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:01 am

jerryb wrote:8th edition already?!

Greedy, greedy, no shame....

JerryB

They do new edition of their games almost every 5 years, pretty common cycle thats been going on for some time.
Kyle
Kyle
Chaos God

Number of posts : 1433
Armies : Infinity-Yu Jing, Heavy Gear-North, 40K-IG/Orks, Uncharted Seas-Shroud Mages, FoW-SS, AM Naval-Japanese, Hordes-Trolls, Blood Bowl-Goblins, Malifaux- Guild, Anima-Azure, BFG- Chaos, Dystopian Wars- Brits
Registration date : 2008-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:47 am

Sergio has beaten me down with Ogres several times - including 2 wins vs. my Daemons.

Matt plays O&G like a top tier army.
Luis causes havok with TK

It's all about the matchups and the player.
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by MinionOfCthulhu Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:39 pm

Diosamblet wrote:http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=243844

I'm happy, cuz I have 50+ Ogre mini's gathering dust in my closet!

According to Warseer rumours, Ogres are the next Fantasy army! Allmydicks
MinionOfCthulhu
MinionOfCthulhu
Cultist

Male
Number of posts : 39
Armies : Orks (WH40K), Ogres, Lizardmen (WHFB), Cryx (Wamachine)
Registration date : 2009-02-21

Back to top Go down

Post by spazfrag666 Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:21 pm

damn if only some handsome guy was selling ogres at a very reasonable price so i can buy them now before gw hikes up the prices so high that even used models will be nigh unaffordable; if only.........

spazfrag666
Traitor Guardsman

Male
Number of posts : 99
Armies : O&G,chaos dwarves,Ogre kingdoms
Registration date : 2009-02-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down