The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

False Gods

5 posters

Go down

False Gods Empty False Gods

Post by Leviticus Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:42 am

Just finished reading False Gods and came to the stunning conclusion that the entire horus heresy could've been COMPLETELY negated if the Emperor had done what Magnus had done.

Should the Emperor had gone to assist Horus in the warp while Erebus was trying to seduce him to the power of the chaos gods, the emperor could have PEWPEW LAYZOR EYEBEAMED erebus into non-existence and saved his beloved son.

So where was he? Who cares.

Edit:: In retrospect, he was probably sitting on the golden throne saying "Hey, this is so comfortable I could probably sit here for 10 thousand years..."
Leviticus
Leviticus
Traitor Marine

Number of posts : 169
Armies : Black Templars
Registration date : 2009-12-23

Back to top Go down

False Gods Empty Re: False Gods

Post by rokassan Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:52 am

The Thousand Sons never betrayed the Emperor...the Emperor betrayed them.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Number of posts : 3612
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.
Registration date : 2008-02-27

https://splinterfaction.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:30 pm

Don't you know, it was all a plot of the Star Gods.

Anyone here reading Rise of the Tau on bolter and chainsword. ?

It's insane
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male
Number of posts : 2629
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post by TheLimey Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:23 pm

Has anyone else found the Horus Heresy books a bit patchy in points? The first four were great, but some of the current ones have gone off somewhat...
TheLimey
TheLimey
Traitor Captain

Male
Number of posts : 266
Armies : Games played: Starship Troopers, Epic...
Registration date : 2009-08-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Leviticus Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:26 pm

Magnus, though he wasn't a traitor, still effed up big time. He broke all the seals protecting the emperor's webway to send a message to the emperor, which he could've done in person- but didn't- because he wanted to demonstrate to his father what good mastering the warp had done his legion.

Arrogance is a great hubris, and ultimately lead to the burning of prospero. Though I'm sure the wolf of fenris had something to do with that.

Edit:: If I'm not mistaken, Horus gives Leman Russ the order to kill Magnus, not the emperor. Its stated in false gods that russ is sent to RETRIEVE magnus, not kill him.
Leviticus
Leviticus
Traitor Marine

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:18 am

I really want to see how it is that the Thousand Sons were so totally owned by the Space Wolves. Which I guess should be highlighted in Prospero Burns.

It's hard for me to wrap my mind around the idea that one Legion could invade another Legion's home world and completely put it to ruin. I mean, the thousand sons may not have had the ferocity of the Wolves, but come on, it's their friggin home world. Even if caught off guard... that's their territory, with massive defenses.

WTF.? Either the Thousand Sons were a bunch of friggin pussies, or the Wolves were THAT badass.
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male
Number of posts : 2629
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:17 am

Ovich wrote:I really want to see how it is that the Thousand Sons were so totally owned by the Space Wolves. Which I guess should be highlighted in Prospero Burns.

It's hard for me to wrap my mind around the idea that one Legion could invade another Legion's home world and completely put it to ruin. I mean, the thousand sons may not have had the ferocity of the Wolves, but come on, it's their friggin home world. Even if caught off guard... that's their territory, with massive defenses.

WTF.? Either the Thousand Sons were a bunch of friggin pussies, or the Wolves were THAT badass.

Thats how they wrote it...without much thought. The Thousand Sons were not pussies. The SpaceWolves would have been mauled. I have to attribute it to total suprise.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:22 am

Leviticus wrote:Magnus, though he wasn't a traitor, still effed up big time. He broke all the seals protecting the emperor's webway to send a message to the emperor, which he could've done in person- but didn't- because he wanted to demonstrate to his father what good mastering the warp had done his legion.

Arrogance is a great hubris, and ultimately lead to the burning of prospero. Though I'm sure the wolf of fenris had something to do with that.

Edit:: If I'm not mistaken, Horus gives Leman Russ the order to kill Magnus, not the emperor. Its stated in false gods that russ is sent to RETRIEVE magnus, not kill him.

Very true. Id dare say the Emperor was arrogant and didnt listen to his subordinates. Thats how the Heresy was able to get as far as it did. He wasnt open with his Primarchs and kept the Warp a secret from them. when he returned to Terra to finish his task of dealing with Chaos he failed to inform his Primarchs and that helped plant the seed. They figured he went back to consolidate his power and leave his sons to fight and die .
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Leviticus Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:05 pm

Prospero most likely gets raped because Magnus sees that the emperor will need the wolves in the upcoming events. After seeing the heresy, Magnus does all in his power to inform the emperor to avoid the entire thing at all costs, so my guess is he thought "Its better for the Emperor to have one full legion than one crippled legion that fell from his grace."

I dont mean to make magnus look like a 40k jesus, but thats how I'd suspect it went down. It's kind of hard to sneak a legion on a single planet.
Leviticus
Leviticus
Traitor Marine

Back to top Go down

Post by jerryb Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:41 pm

Is it the same author?

May be another example of GW's decline, and lack of regard of it's customers base.

JerryB
jerryb
jerryb
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1451
Armies : AT-43, Pyrates, Battle Tech
Registration date : 2008-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by TheLimey Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:56 am

jerryb wrote:Is it the same author?

May be another example of GW's decline, and lack of regard of it's customers base.

JerryB

Flagellation, bestiality and necrophilia again, Jerry?
TheLimey
TheLimey
Traitor Captain

Male
Number of posts : 266
Armies : Games played: Starship Troopers, Epic...
Registration date : 2009-08-27

Back to top Go down

Post by jerryb Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:12 pm

Only if it involves GW Mr.L

JerryB
jerryb
jerryb
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1451
Armies : AT-43, Pyrates, Battle Tech