The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To the 'Ard Boyz

+3
scurrdi
the wanderer
ShadowMaster
7 posters

Go down

To the 'Ard Boyz Empty To the 'Ard Boyz

Post by ShadowMaster Sun Apr 20, 2008 6:47 pm

Hi boys,

I just wanted to say thanks for including me in the tourney yesterday.

With 3x 3550 point games, I felt like I got a year of playing experience in one day.

My brain was so fried by the end of game three - but I had a blast.

Looking forward to the next battle.

Bill
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 2812
Armies : [WHFB] DoC, Lizardmen, O&G [LoTR] Moria [40k] Daemons [WM/H] RoS, Cryx, Cygnar, Mercs, Gators, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Back to top Go down

To the 'Ard Boyz Empty Re: To the 'Ard Boyz

Post by the wanderer Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:10 pm

I second that motion!!! Nice playing again and thanx Sam! Smile Very Happy
Dale
the wanderer
the wanderer
Cultist

Male
Number of posts : 70
Armies : Bretonnian, Chaos Dwarf, Empire, Vampire Counts
Registration date : 2008-03-05

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:23 am

Results!! I wish to know the results!!

scurrdi
Chaos God

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2008-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:48 am

Well, The Ard'Boys went GREAT in my opinion, we had a good showing, games went smooth, we ended right on time, even though we started a little bit behind schedule, but no game had any big game delaying rules questions, and those that had questions Sam was able to handle them in a timely manner.

Thanks Sam for agreeing to judge the event and act as rule judge and organizing the stuff, good job bud. I want to hanks my Oponents, Stephan, Nate and Dale on 3 very fun games and for being great players and sportsmen.

I hope evryoen had as much fun as i did, was nice seeing a new player in the store, thanks for coming Bill, to bad we didnt get to fight against each other and see whos magic was more powerful Smile

The results were as follow.
First Place - Me, Luis, with super heavy magic Tomb Kings
Second place- Stephan, with the gun line from hell, 5 wizards! and 2 giants!
Third Place - Juan carlos, with 99999999999999999 rats!.

My first game was against Stephan, and man, it was like the Marianas turkey shooting all over again! like 50+ shots evry turn, thank God i was able to do damage in my magic phase, being able to shoot twice with each catapult is NASTY, but at the end i came to strong in one flank, and not enough on the other and the steam tank and 2 giants destroyed my left flank. MVictory for the forces of the Empire!

Second game i faced Dale and like 60 earthshakers, rockets, bolt trowers and a host of chaos dwarves and enslaved green skins. Things look bad for dale when i got to go first and i totally overpowered him in my magic phase, to many spells, not enough dispell scrolls! i ws able to land shot after shot accurately on his forces, in the first round i took out 2 of his 3 earthshakers and several other things, magic won me the game on that one. Victory for The Mummified Cubans!

Third game was against Nate and the Witch King on his dragon and more bolt trowers than you can shake a stick at. Once again magic superiority did it for me on this game as i was able to steam roll over Nates magical defences and land shot after shot with the catapults, one scropion popped out of the ground and cut the head of his High Sorceres, The Witch King was rampaging accros the middle of the board, the dragon ate like 2 skeleton units but then Khalida decided she was tired of his antics and poisoned the crap out of the Witch King putting an end to his reign, the dragon then fled and was cut down by a skeleton cavalry. Victory for the Mummified cuban forces!

Was a great tournament and i cant wait till the semi finals in Orlando where i will probably get raped Smile
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Number of posts : 2971
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:43 am

I like the recap idea Luis! here is mine......

Well with only 6 game previous games played and having NEVER played a game over 2K points, I was very overwhelmed by all of the troops in each game.

My first match was vs. Dale and his Chaos Dwarves. My Tzeentch Chaos force did a nice job of burning up large ranks of troops with green and indigo fire, but I got a NASTY leasson in the power of earthshakers - which incapacitated my flyers and left a bunch of key troops stuck out of the action. The scenario special magic rules worked in the favor of Tzeentch, but Dale did shoot and blow up enough of my troops to end this madness in a draw.

My second match went vs. Nate and the witch king. I got a great jump on his flank with my "scouting" knights - but ran the cowards off the table by trying to take on the witch-king and dragon in turn one. That move would haunt me for the next 2.5 hours. The Lord of Change did slay the witch king, but his dragon finished off my greater demon. I made a second big error late in failing to drop back and gain hold a second table quarter. This ended in a slight victory for me, but I think had I not made those 2 big error - I would have done much better.

My 3rd match against Stephen and the empire went very bad for me. I rushed in too quickly and got very smashed up. The magic dice failed to get me back in it as the 5 empire wizards matched up well. Again, I make a rookie mistake late and fail to capture a treasure objective for 1500 points. Massacre defeat soundly earned in this one. UG!

As for the experience - it was great! I got to face 3 armies for the first time in their full splendor. It was a good group and everyone played fair and with fun in mind. Sam was a perfect judge.

Looking forward to the campaign where we get to see exactly how much the Shadow learned this past weekend!
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 2812
Armies : [WHFB] DoC, Lizardmen, O&G [LoTR] Moria [40k] Daemons [WM/H] RoS, Cryx, Cygnar, Mercs, Gators, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by lordfairfax2001 Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:59 am

As it was already posted here, I thought I'd add to the post instead of cluttering up the board with new topics.

Everyone...thank you for showing up early...thank you for playing well, being good sports and generally making the day enjoyable. Sorry to Bill for destroying his army with my oversized backside and Joel for dumping his Magic cards all over the floor.

Special thanks to Max for agreeing to pick up food for everyone to keep the tournament on schedule!

Only one question was out of my realm of experience or printed FAQs, which I will attempt to answer today (Miscast result of 8-9 -- does the storm banner "burn out?"). I will be calling GW later today and will post the answer here and in the rules section.

The results have already been posted.

Congrats to everyone.

Next tournament -- I'll be playing and everyone gets to enjoy High Elf love again!!!
lordfairfax2001
lordfairfax2001
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 739
Armies : WHFB: High Elves, Wood Elves, Lizardmen and many more; WH40K: SM, Ordo Malleus, Eldar; BFG: Eldar; M
Registration date : 2008-03-06

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:37 pm

Well sounds awesome!

scurrdi
Chaos God

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2008-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:47 pm

I had a great time guys ! !
Can't wait for the next tourney !!
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male
Number of posts : 2629
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post by lordfairfax2001 Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:17 pm

Rules question, vis-a-vis, the Skaven Storm Banner and miscasts...

The following issue came up at the tournament:

Skaven player has the Storm Banner in play. Rolls a miscast and then an 8 on the miscast table...miscast 8 has a provision that all spells in play come to an end...

Question: Does the Storm Banner stop working (not necessarily burn out, but stop working) because of the miscast?
Ruling at the tournament: No. Reason: The Storm Banner is activated outside the magic phase and is not a spell. The miscast states that all SPELLS that are in play are ended, not magic effects from magic banners.

Called GW today and got "Sanchez" (already had issues with some of his rulings, so will call another day in the hopes of getting someone else and seeing if he agrees).

His answer: Results on the Miscast table will have NO/NO effect on magic banners, unless the effect specifically states that it does. So, in the case above, the ruling was correct (at least for the moment).

I'm going to post this in the Rules section, as well.
lordfairfax2001
lordfairfax2001
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 739
Armies : WHFB: High Elves, Wood Elves, Lizardmen and many more; WH40K: SM, Ordo Malleus, Eldar; BFG: Eldar; M
Registration date : 2008-03-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Mon Apr 21, 2008 6:34 pm

I've gotten "sanchez" before and I always say 'hey whats up dirty sanchez"
and he kind of chuckles but you can tell he gets irritated
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male
Number of posts : 2629
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Warlord Solskritt Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:32 pm

Well, I had a great time! I ended up giving my spot in the next round of 'Ard Boyz to Nate as I shall be in France the day of the next round. I thank Sam for being Rules judge and all my opponents for being great sports.

First game was against Nate. He had a nasty list with lots of shootyness but my Storm Banner was able to counter it for a while Twisted Evil I wiped out a unit of Cold One knights and routed two more units. It ended up being a major victory for me.

Second game was against Stephan and his cheeseline.My banner kept his guns at bay for a while but after it fizzled out he shot a bunch of crap at me. My stormvermin and seer where tied up for most of the game and fled at the end. I only managed to kill a giant and a steamtank in this game. It was a major loss for me.

Third game was against Dale and his stunties. He had alot of shooting but once again my banner stopped his shooting for a while. In the last turn we played I managed to kill a unit of dwarf warriors, a unit of goblins, and an earthshaker which all ended up giving me enough VPs to get a draw.

My MVP has to be my Warlord. He singlehandedly wiped out a steam tank and a giant thanks to his 4 str 10 attacks Shocked One thing lol! And I also forgot to use my Seer's regeneration save all of the games. it was a great tournament!
Warlord Solskritt
Warlord Solskritt
Imperial Guard Commissar

Male
Number of posts : 1105
Armies : Rats,Uruk-Hai,Germans
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down