The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Joel's store

+5
ShadowMaster
The Eldar Guy
Frantic
jerryb
TheLimey
9 posters

Go down

Joel's store Empty Joel's store

Post by TheLimey Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:50 am

Seen a few people refer to how the new store is looking now. Even seen Joel referred to as PigPen. Whilst I admit he could do with cleaning stuff up in areas, we also need to share the blame.

I walked in for board games on Saturday to find a litter of magic cards, and a bunch of dead cans and McD's wrappers. Yes, it's Joel's store, but really, he shouldn't have to constantly pick up after us.

If we want the gaming area to always look good, we need to police it ourselves, and encourage others to do the same.

Put trash where it needs to go.

Once you've done with a table, put buildings and things back into some form of storage, and not just pile them on one table like I saw on Saturday. If we need to encourage Joel to get some shelves to put things on, then we'll do so..
TheLimey
TheLimey
Traitor Captain

Male
Number of posts : 266
Armies : Games played: Starship Troopers, Epic...
Registration date : 2009-08-27

Back to top Go down

Joel's store Empty Re: Joel's store

Post by jerryb Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:47 am

Mr.TL, I mostly agree with you. Joel should not be following all of his customer's with a roll of toilet paper constantly wiping their ass. I don't know exactly who is generating the garbage. I and several other regulars have cleaned up after others, but that is getting old.

A portion of the gaming community apparently are man-child and have become accustomed to mommy and daddy cleaning up for them because they still live at home. Unfortunately they bring this attitude to the store.

I have seen customers leave their terrain after a game. I said nothing, I did not want to come across as an asshole. I think they are not being lazy, but believe that their terrain setup will be of use to the next group. The reality is the terrain is removed and placed on an adjacent table.

I brought containers from home to put FOW terrain in. Every Sunday when we played, I made every effort to replace the items back into the containers when we were finished. Unfortunately this has not been maintain by others.

But a huge portion of the problem is Joel. Everything behind his counter his Joel produced. The peg-board, shelves, and general trash in the back are blocking the terrain storage area. Making an already reluctant crowd unable to replaced the terrain.

I have made a suggestion to Joel to have some simple shelves near the gaming tables to hold terrain. You can see the results.

So it is a combine problem.

JerryB

Last edited by jerryb on Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:52 am; edited 1 time in total
jerryb
jerryb
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1451
Armies : AT-43, Pyrates, Battle Tech
Registration date : 2008-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by TheLimey Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:50 am

Let's bring the terrain storage out front. We can shuffle the tables down on one side to get the space along the back wall, and then put a big f***ing sign on it saying put it away once you're done with it....
TheLimey
TheLimey
Traitor Captain

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Frantic Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:00 am

I agree. There needs to be something out in the gaming area where the terrain can be stored...and its needs to be able to fit everything...not like in the last store where it only fit about half of everything Smile

But alot of us...myself included... can do a bit of a better job cleaning it up.
Frantic
Frantic
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 762
Armies : WoTR: Gondor & Harad. AT-43:UNA & Red Blok. Battletech: Clan Jade Falcon & FedSuns.
Registration date : 2009-02-19

http://www.myspace.com/djfrantic

Back to top Go down

Post by The Eldar Guy Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:07 pm

People ARE throwing trash away... they cans are always full

Biggest problem I have is the back area- can't store terrain because you can't get to the shelves. Wood and stuff piles in the back playable area as well.
The Eldar Guy
The Eldar Guy
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1571
Armies : Eldar(40k & BFG), Dark Eldar (WIP), & Dark Elves
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by TheLimey Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:11 pm

Trash - Except the magic players, who apparently treat common cards like confetti... looked like someone's deck exploded and they just couldn't be arsed to pick it up...

As for the terrain storage, move it into the main area, and not on one of the gaming tables..
TheLimey
TheLimey
Traitor Captain

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:31 pm

who broke the toilet?
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 2812
Armies : [WHFB] DoC, Lizardmen, O&G [LoTR] Moria [40k] Daemons [WM/H] RoS, Cryx, Cygnar, Mercs, Gators, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by jspyd3rx Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:37 pm

Noooooo! Not my golden throne away from home!
jspyd3rx
jspyd3rx
Chaos God

Number of posts : 1190
Registration date : 2009-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by smirkweasel Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:57 pm

Yes. That throne.

smirkweasel
Aspiring Champion

Number of posts : 212
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by smirkweasel Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:59 pm

I see a user fee for the toilet in the future if it keeps breaking. I mean if some fat ass leans all his weight on the handle and breaks it.

smirkweasel
Aspiring Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Frantic Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:44 pm

Doesn't our $3.00 fee include the toilet fee already ? Smile
Frantic
Frantic
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 762
Armies : WoTR: Gondor & Harad. AT-43:UNA & Red Blok. Battletech: Clan Jade Falcon & FedSuns.
Registration date : 2009-02-19

http://www.myspace.com/djfrantic

Back to top Go down

Post by jerryb Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:08 pm

Debbie is convince someone destroyed the toilet.

I took a look and I believe (I could be wrong) that it was due to corrosion. So it was inevitable that xyz customer would break the mechanism. When it happen they probable felt responsible and did not bring it to Mr. Sunshine's attention.

Joel believe it will cost enormous amounts of money to repair, so it may never get fixed. I have purchased recently a kit to repair the entire components of my toilet at my home, it only cost about $20 to replace everything, so I don't agree with Joel's estimate on the cost. I will take another look, and if I can locate the exact item I will purchase it. It probably cost from $2 to $5 for this single item. I will have Joel take it out of my league fee. Fixing/installation free, pissing in doors, priceless.

JerryB
jerryb
jerryb
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:27 pm

As long as it's not broken pipes or anything that requires removing the whole toilet from the floor, it would be cheap to fix.
Kyle
Kyle
Chaos God

Number of posts : 1433
Armies : Infinity-Yu Jing, Heavy Gear-North, 40K-IG/Orks, Uncharted Seas-Shroud Mages, FoW-SS, AM Naval-Japanese, Hordes-Trolls, Blood Bowl-Goblins, Malifaux- Guild, Anima-Azure, BFG- Chaos, Dystopian Wars- Brits
Registration date : 2008-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by jerryb Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:34 pm

It's one of the little dinky pieces that hold the handle against the ceramic tank. Nickle and dime stuff. The current setup is made of aluminum, it is corroded due to time and oxidation. You can get it in plastic, but that strips out easily.

JerryB
jerryb
jerryb
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:37 pm

Believe you can get the entire set of that whole assemble for like 10 bucks
Kyle
Kyle
Chaos God

Number of posts : 1433
Armies : Infinity-Yu Jing, Heavy Gear-North, 40K-IG/Orks, Uncharted Seas-Shroud Mages, FoW-SS, AM Naval-Japanese, Hordes-Trolls, Blood Bowl-Goblins, Malifaux- Guild, Anima-Azure, BFG- Chaos, Dystopian Wars- Brits
Registration date : 2008-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by smirkweasel Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:20 pm

Way to go Jerry. BTW, I found my Warmaster Rulebooks. Yes that's a plural. I can bring a copy by next time we are at Sunshine. I should be there Thursday. I hear you will be there on Sunday. I should be there Sunday as well.

smirkweasel
Aspiring Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:53 pm

$5 to fix a broken toilet handle
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 2812
Armies : [WHFB] DoC, Lizardmen, O&G [LoTR] Moria [40k] Daemons [WM/H] RoS, Cryx, Cygnar, Mercs, Gators, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by jerryb Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:09 am

Shadow, actually the handle is in good condition. The nut that screws in place and holds the handle in position is damage. You can loosen and tighten with no problem, but the notch the keeps the handle from slipping is split.

When I discover what actually needs to be replaced, then I will go to DIY store and purchase the replacement part. Which I believe would be very little, so yes approximately $5 for the part, but not the handle. The handle would cost about $10. A GW version would be $269... duhooo clown (hey I haven't used this one).

Kyle, replacing everything is not necessary, all of the other components are in good working order, and still appear to have a long life.

SmirkWeasel, much appreciate the Warmaster manual, thank you.

JerryB
jerryb
jerryb
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:19 pm

You can change the store, but you can't change Joel's natural disorganization and sloppiness.

I went in there last friday night and went to go to the bathroom. After having to squeeze myself through the back to get to the bathroom I marveled at the fact that even with all this room, I still have to find a way to get to the fucking bathroom without walking into something else.

Unfuckingbeleivable. You have all the space in the world now, and somehow you still find a way to clog shit up Joel.

What the fuck is wrong with the man.
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male
Number of posts : 2629
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post by jerryb Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:58 pm

I am one of the customers TheLimey mentioned who refer to Joel as Pigpen.

Like a pig, he is not truly happy unless he is rolling around in his own shit.

What may seem abnormal to most ordinary people, seems acceptable to Joel.

Everything I just wrote I have point out to Joel in person.

Ovich, I am surprised at your question. You are probably the most qualified to answer it. Don't you have a degree in some form of clinical physiology?

JerryB
jerryb
jerryb
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:04 am

Joel defies conventional diagnostic descriptions of any known mental health disorders. He is an anomaly, a unclassifiable.

To diagnose Joel, one would have to give up their sanity, as they stare into the eyes of the Warp itself.

No thank you my friend. I think "pig pen" or "mr. Crabs" is a good enough diagnoses for me. I value my eternal soul.
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male
Number of posts : 2629
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post by jerryb Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:49 pm

I prefer the description "Mr.Sunshine", in describing Joel.

Interesting that Joel defies the norm in abnormal. You should use him in some type of study if he so unique.

JerryB
jerryb
jerryb
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content