The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

April Fool's Day

+2
KingdomCome
Hurricane
6 posters

Go down

April Fool's Day Empty April Fool's Day

Post by Hurricane Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:54 am

This was posted on the Flames of War website.

April Fools’

It is traditional on this day to tease and confuse people by having fictitious and spurious stories appear in the guise of having a bit of fun.

The creative team came up with a few ideas that would set tongues wagging but all of them seemed very obvious, so I decided to try something a little different. I am taking the opportunity today to tell you ten things that Battlefront Group has planned of which half are true and half are not. The ensuing discussion and speculation will hopefully be taken for what it is, fun, and at least let you know some things that until today you were not aware of.

1. We are making a 15mm Captain America figure with special rules so he can join US forces in Flames Of War.
2. We have the rights to produce the Star Wars tabletop miniatures game now that the Wizards of the Coast license have expired.
3. A free Osprey book with be given away with every issue of Wargames Illustrated in June.
4. Early War has proved to be much more work than we expected and we have to move its release back by six months.
5. Our next big thing is going to be a Pirate vs. Ninja skirmish game in 30mm.
6. To help improve morale in the Battlefront offices, all staff are being given a uniform consisting of a black shirt with silver skulls on the lapels and pink piping.
7. Having looked at the Pacific theatre, we have decided to make a naval game to go along with the Flames Of War books we are working on.
8. We have a World War Two aircraft game almost finished so you will be able to dogfight your way through the war.
9. As part of a new license deal we will be releasing themed dice and gaming sets for the greatest comic book heroes in the world.
10. German forces will soon be able to add the Ark of the Covenant to their lists as a special occult unit.

Have fun with this and remember five things on this list are 100% true but five are not, so don’t hold me to everything the next time we meet.

Very interesting stuff. So, what does everyone think is true and false??
Hurricane
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1622
Armies : Mormon Crusaders,Sisters of Battle, Lizardmen, British and Fallschirmjager
Registration date : 2008-03-01

Back to top Go down

April Fool's Day Empty Re: April Fool's Day

Post by Hurricane Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:43 am

These are the 5 that I think are true

4. Early War has proved to be much more work than we expected and we have to move its release back by six months

3. A free Osprey book with be given away with every issue of Wargames Illustrated in June.

7. Having looked at the Pacific theatre, we have decided to make a naval game to go along with the Flames Of War books we are working on.

2. We have the rights to produce the Star Wars tabletop miniatures game now that the Wizards of the Coast license have expired.

8. We have a World War Two aircraft game almost finished so you will be able to dogfight your way through the war.

That's what I think. The other ones are a bit far fetched in my opinion.
Hurricane
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male
Armies : Mormon Crusaders,Sisters of Battle, Lizardmen, British and Fallschirmjager

Back to top Go down

Post by KingdomCome Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:50 am

HA ! Captain America would be UberSweet!

Fearless Veteran. Must be combat squaded with an infantry platoon. Can only be hit by infantry on a 6, enemy having to re-roll all succesful hit's on Cap't due to his shield (shooting and HtH). Cap gets to re-roll all missed hits in assault against infantry. Germans attempting to assault the Cap't or a platoon he is with must take a morale check.

Capt is only armed with his shield, trusty sidekick Bucky (AKA Useless), insane patriotism, and ragin' hate for all things Nazi!
KingdomCome
KingdomCome
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1233
Armies : 40K: Tau, Eldar, SM FoW: Americans & Russians Infinity: Combined Army of EI WM/H: TrollBloods
Registration date : 2009-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:14 am

I doubt Star Wars is true, I kinda don't think anyone is going to pick up the rights for that for a long time with how expensive it is supposed to be.
Kyle
Kyle
Chaos God

Number of posts : 1433
Armies : Infinity-Yu Jing, Heavy Gear-North, 40K-IG/Orks, Uncharted Seas-Shroud Mages, FoW-SS, AM Naval-Japanese, Hordes-Trolls, Blood Bowl-Goblins, Malifaux- Guild, Anima-Azure, BFG- Chaos, Dystopian Wars- Brits
Registration date : 2008-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:14 pm

Those are pretty good rules, Kingdom! LOL
Hurricane
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by TheLimey Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:36 am

Number 9 makes sense. Remember, Battlefront owns GF9.

I can also see the Capt America figure being a movie tie in.
TheLimey
TheLimey
Traitor Captain

Male
Number of posts : 266
Armies : Games played: Starship Troopers, Epic...
Registration date : 2009-08-27

Back to top Go down

Post by jerryb Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:14 pm

So it's April 2, did FOW say which idea's are fake?

JerryB
jerryb
jerryb
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1451
Armies : AT-43, Pyrates, Battle Tech
Registration date : 2008-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by TheLimey Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:16 pm

Not when I checked this morning, though one of their staffers did say that number 6 was fake...
TheLimey
TheLimey
Traitor Captain

Male
Number of posts : 266
Armies : Games played: Starship Troopers, Epic...
Registration date : 2009-08-27

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Sat Apr 03, 2010 3:05 pm

Yeah, that does make things interesting though! I think that was a great idea.

scurrdi
Chaos God

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2008-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down