The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To land raider or not to land raider.

2 posters

Go down

To land raider or not to land raider. Empty To land raider or not to land raider.

Post by Leviticus Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:34 am

Hell everyone, I'm matt, and I'm addicted to land raiders.

I know this is a problem, driving deep into my black templars roots- it just feels like I need AV 14 to make a list complete. However, I find that its not quite suiting my space wolves army. I'm considering getting rid of it completely and plopping on 5 more termies with storm shields and 2 cyclone missile launchers.

Thoughts: With the additional cyclone missile launchers (and my soon predators) I'll have 13 missile launcher shots, 4 las cannons and 4 auto cannon shots a turn, which should be enough dakka to dent most things. The 10 termies with storm shields can easily shield my 7 termies (with runepriest) which should make for more comfortable advances through the battlefield with heavily resilient bodies.

I mostly dislike the land raider for a highly defensive unit simply because I personally find that 10 termies with storm shields are much harder to crack than a land raider. One schmoe with a meltagun will pop a land raider. It'll take an entire army or... 3 war walkers with 500,000 rerollable shots to take out 10 termies.

What do you guys think?
Leviticus
Leviticus
Traitor Marine

Number of posts : 169
Armies : Black Templars
Registration date : 2009-12-23

Back to top Go down

To land raider or not to land raider. Empty Re: To land raider or not to land raider.

Post by rokassan Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:43 am

Termies with stormsheilds. Thats a 3+ inv. saves correct?
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Number of posts : 3612
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.
Registration date : 2008-02-27

https://splinterfaction.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

To land raider or not to land raider. Empty Re: To land raider or not to land raider.

Post by Leviticus Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:57 am

Correctamundo. Only thing to note is that Space Wolves come stock with power weapons, not storm shields. But they'll be rolling with logan who gets 6-7 STR8 attacks with preferred enemy, so its cool.
Leviticus
Leviticus
Traitor Marine

Number of posts : 169
Armies : Black Templars
Registration date : 2009-12-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down