The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dogs of war in Ard'Boys

4 posters

Go down

Dogs of war in Ard'Boys Empty Dogs of war in Ard'Boys

Post by luis the young Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:18 am

Found this in the GW website under the Ard'Boys section

"Dogs of War Clarification: We have received may queries regarding the use of Dogs of War in the 'Ard Boyz Tournaments.

Giants and Ogres are allowed as Dogs of War allies if your current published book states you can take Dogs of War. For example Beasts of Chaos players may take Giants or Ogre allies, but Empire players may not. Giants and Ogre Kingdoms units are the ONLY Dogs of War Units that can be taken. Classic Dogs of War allies are not allowed as they do not have a published book or updated rules."

looks like you may have to remake your list stephan Smile
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Number of posts : 2971
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Back to top Go down

Dogs of war in Ard'Boys Empty Re: Dogs of war in Ard'Boys

Post by rokassan Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:38 am

I JUST DOWNLOADED A PDF FROM THEIR SITE FOR DOGS OF WAR.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Number of posts : 3612
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.
Registration date : 2008-02-27

https://splinterfaction.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:44 am

This is only for the Ard'Boys Bill, they have different rules on whats allowed and what not.
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:14 pm

Oh, so Stephan's list wasn't entirely cool with GW? (I mean, we know it was cause Sam okie dokied it, but GW says no now?)

scurrdi
Chaos God

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2008-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:29 pm

Thats what it looks like, so even thoug it says in the codex they CAN take DoW units, they cant take giants of ogres for some strange reason...go figure gw
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by lordfairfax2001 Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:58 pm

scurrdi wrote:Oh, so Stephan's list wasn't entirely cool with GW? (I mean, we know it was cause Sam okie dokied it, but GW says no now?)
I okie dokied (to steal your phrase) it based on the rules for the 'Ard Boyz...they said that Giants and Ogres can be taken in lists because Ogres are a regularly produced book that everyone (even new players) can get, and the Giant Rules are supposedly downloadable from GW, again allowing old and new players the ability to get the rules...many of the older DoW units were only ever put out in the Ravening Hordes book or in the Chronicles 2004, making it harder for new players to have the rules and therefore benefit from the potential extra punch provided by the units. As far as I know, Stephan could take the same list all the way to the finals.
lordfairfax2001
lordfairfax2001
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 739
Armies : WHFB: High Elves, Wood Elves, Lizardmen and many more; WH40K: SM, Ordo Malleus, Eldar; BFG: Eldar; M
Registration date : 2008-03-06

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:17 pm

Are you sure Sam ? cause based on what that post says from GW, Empire may NOT take Giants or Ogres, i wouldnt want stephan to drive all the way up there and they might no tlet him play because of it.
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by lordfairfax2001 Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:28 pm

luis the young wrote:Are you sure Sam ? cause based on what that post says from GW, Empire may NOT take Giants or Ogres, i wouldnt want stephan to drive all the way up there and they might no tlet him play because of it.
I stand corrected...I think I read the second to last sentence as any army could take the Giants/Ogres, but was wrong. Stephan is still good for the tournament, as he cannot be penalized for my misreading the section...recommend you re-make your list, however, Stephan, as the next level will be much more stringent. Thanks Luis for pointing that out to me.
lordfairfax2001
lordfairfax2001
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 739
Armies : WHFB: High Elves, Wood Elves, Lizardmen and many more; WH40K: SM, Ordo Malleus, Eldar; BFG: Eldar; M
Registration date : 2008-03-06

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Sat Apr 26, 2008 3:20 am

I mean, the rules for giants are online, but so are the Kislev rules. Why would they allow giants when the same concept ("not everybody has access to the internet" is what the GW reps told me) applies to Kislev.

Stupid GW, always causing me unwanted headaches!

scurrdi
Chaos God

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2008-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down