The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need help with first demon list

4 posters

Go down

Need help with first demon list Empty Need help with first demon list

Post by jspyd3rx Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:39 am

Ideally to start I would like a mono god list. I want to spam bloodletters and bloodcrushers with a scary general. Current budget to start at around $300 in U.S. dollars. Could you guys help put this list together so as I am not wasting money on useless models.
jspyd3rx
jspyd3rx
Chaos God

Number of posts : 1190
Registration date : 2009-10-10

Back to top Go down

Need help with first demon list Empty Re: Need help with first demon list

Post by ShadowMaster Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:12 am

BT
Skulltaker on Juggy
Khorne BSB on Juggy
60 Bloodletters (new 8th Edition Core requirements)
20 Fleshhounds
10 Furies

ANY DoC choice will work and work well.
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 2812
Armies : [WHFB] DoC, Lizardmen, O&G [LoTR] Moria [40k] Daemons [WM/H] RoS, Cryx, Cygnar, Mercs, Gators, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Vycem Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:51 am

I think it's a little early to hammer out lists, I don't think anyone has a good grasp of what the new rules mean quite yet. If I were you, I'd start as a total noob...buy like 500 or 750 points, try it, expand from there.

Although you're lucky that Demon core has limited weapon options, so it's not like you have to wreck your brain too hard over the core choices.

Off topic, what are khornate troops initiative? Now that everyone always hits at initiative, I'd think Slaneesh troops got a marked boost...

Vycem
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2008-05-29

Back to top Go down

Post by jspyd3rx Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:12 am

Slaneesh is 5 I believe while khorne guys at 4.
jspyd3rx
jspyd3rx
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by xxbloodfirexx Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:16 am

I have a mono Khorne army that does pretty well, but that is in 7th ed. Once I get a few 8th ed practice games I'd be more then happy to give some input. I just need to find some opponents!

xxbloodfirexx
Neophyte

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2009-12-28

Back to top Go down

Post by jspyd3rx Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:41 am

That would be great, thanks.
jspyd3rx
jspyd3rx
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:59 pm

You'r going to need @60 core models to meet the 25% minimum requirements for 8th edition. If you want Khorne, that's really only one choice. Bloodletters. The 10 Furies are technically optional, but I'm sure you'll want the war machine hunting they bring in 8Ed.

'letters are 1 I4 S5 attack with killing blow
daemonettes are 2 I5 S3 attacks with armor piercing (save as S4)

'letters with a herald get hatred, which lets you reroll misses in the first round of combat. Khone Heralds on juggys are SUPER HARD to kill.

Daemonettes with a herald get ASF, which when mixed with I5 would bring rerolled misses against lower I foes (non elves). Slaanesh Heralds are a bit softer than HoK, relying on ASF to kill and survive.
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male
Armies : [WHFB] DoC, Lizardmen, O&G [LoTR] Moria [40k] Daemons [WM/H] RoS, Cryx, Cygnar, Mercs, Gators, Skorne

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:19 pm

Vycem wrote:I think it's a little early to hammer out lists, I don't think anyone has a good grasp of what the new rules mean quite yet. If I were you, I'd start as a total noob...buy like 500 or 750 points, try it, expand from there.

Although you're lucky that Demon core has limited weapon options, so it's not like you have to wreck your brain too hard over the core choices.

Off topic, what are khornate troops initiative? Now that everyone always hits at initiative, I'd think Slaneesh troops got a marked boost...

If you play a mono-god list, there is really only 1 choice in each category. Furies are the lone "god neutral" choice in the book.
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down