The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chaos marine tactics

2 posters

Go down

Chaos marine tactics Empty Chaos marine tactics

Post by ChaosOriented Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:06 pm

any1 have ideas becuase my tactics are being alived by my brothers blood angels.

tactics in general not just against blood angels
ChaosOriented
ChaosOriented
Neophyte

Male
Number of posts : 31
Armies : Vampire Counts, Chaos Space Marines
Registration date : 2010-06-20

Back to top Go down

Chaos marine tactics Empty Re: Chaos marine tactics

Post by KingdomCome Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:11 pm

Chaos is a mono build army right now. Twin deamon princes with MoN and warptime. Spam plauge marines double meltas. Pack as many oblits into the list as possible. Any other combination will see your army blown in the wind. Choas is a joke outside of plauge spam.
KingdomCome
KingdomCome
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1233
Armies : 40K: Tau, Eldar, SM FoW: Americans & Russians Infinity: Combined Army of EI WM/H: TrollBloods
Registration date : 2009-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by ChaosOriented Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:14 pm

ive won with what im running now. just blood angels is what just eats me.
ChaosOriented
ChaosOriented
Neophyte

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by KingdomCome Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:28 pm

Play the right peeps and get back to me. Not shit talking, just letting you know how it is with chaos right now. Chaos CAN"T beat highly specialized armies, unless you run plauge spam. Why you ask? Chaos doesn't have the tools to compete with those armies. A CC army (i.e. BA) packs enough shooting to get you out of a transport and enough nasties to eat the insides. With out reliable "bubble wrap" AND shooting, you can't deal with them. An uber shooty army won't let you get close and chaos doesn't have many options to get close quickly and those that they do have are both risky and sucky. Plauge spam at LEAST lets you have enough defense that you can survive an onslaught and make it so that dice literally win or lose you the game.... until power weapons or ap2 gets involved. Choas is serously lacking right now. The other possible build is a NASTY rhino spam army, that lost a step with the new codexes that have been released.
KingdomCome
KingdomCome
Chaos God

Male
Armies : 40K: Tau, Eldar, SM FoW: Americans & Russians Infinity: Combined Army of EI WM/H: TrollBloods

Back to top Go down

Post by ChaosOriented Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:32 pm

yea i know its not shit talking. because not only is my army getting picked off cuz there zerkers mostly in rhinos. i roll like crap cuz my dice like 1's and 2's
ChaosOriented
ChaosOriented
Neophyte

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by KingdomCome Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:36 pm

YIKES! Teh dice gods hate you then. Zerkers are okay as long as you aren't playing a competative army list. Shit, Zerkers ate me once and they'll never do it again. They usually don't make it across midfield when I play against them. Your problem with BA is that they have awesome options across all FOC slots. So whatever they throw at you will be all kinds of nasty that you don't wanna deal with.
KingdomCome
KingdomCome
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ChaosOriented Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:39 pm

like im running kharne and lucius and then NEITHER have eternal warrior. and then i look at a Daemon Prince which do have EW. for less points and i can make them insanely nasty . not to mention they have nasty vanilla stats
ChaosOriented
ChaosOriented
Neophyte

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by KingdomCome Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:41 pm

Kharne IS nasty, but you're right. Lack of EW makes them a missile or melta away from poofing. DP's are a silly easy option for Chaos.
KingdomCome
KingdomCome
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ChaosOriented Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:44 pm

yea i love kharne i take out anything i want as easy as killing tau in close combat >Very Happy. just not having EW just makes me angry . so the next thing im doing is getting two daemon princes . what do you think about making them zeentch (idk how to spell it) 2 physic powers . im thinking warp time and bolt of change or etc..
ChaosOriented
ChaosOriented
Neophyte

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by KingdomCome Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:50 pm

For chaos marine armies DP's should really be run one way: Wings , MoN and Warptime. You should have enough shooting to knock out tanks and transports. MoN is essential. Toughness 5 to 6 is huge. I have great time picking off toughness 5 DPs. Toughness 6... well it requires more effort.

If you're running DP's in a chaos deamon army, they should have: MoT and bolt. Reason being CD don't have very much reliable shooting and the shooty DP's fill a necessary role for that army.

If you're just playing for fun, by all means ignore EVERYTHING I wrote and play what ever makes you happy.
KingdomCome
KingdomCome
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ChaosOriented Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:54 pm

i play to win XD. im gonna take your advice. how many squads of plagues did you say? and full squads? or of 10?
ChaosOriented
ChaosOriented
Neophyte

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by KingdomCome Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:02 pm

There are a bunch of different ways to do it. I've seen squads of 5, 7, and 10. They all share the same equation though. Double melta in a rhino. Just figure out how many squads you want or can fit and go bannanas.

On a side note: Try Lash of submission for funsies, but don't take it to a tourney. Too much mech and psychic defense to waste on DP's.
KingdomCome
KingdomCome
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ChaosOriented Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:09 pm

alright and the lash is nasty. i lawl when i see it in use. and thanks for the help.
ChaosOriented
ChaosOriented
Neophyte

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down