The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Box Set

+9
rokassan
Garry
Vycem
The Eldar Guy
Kyle
luis the young
Dakai
ShadowMaster
Hurricane
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Box Set Empty Box Set

Post by Hurricane Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:51 pm

Anyone here buying the box set? I'm kicking around the idea. I wouldn't mind collecting high elves. I would think it would be a pretty cheap way to collect high elves.
Hurricane
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1622
Armies : Mormon Crusaders,Sisters of Battle, Lizardmen, British and Fallschirmjager
Registration date : 2008-03-01

Back to top Go down

Box Set Empty Re: Box Set

Post by ShadowMaster Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:29 pm

I'm getting one for the mini rule book, so I'll have some figs available for you.
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 2812
Armies : [WHFB] DoC, Lizardmen, O&G [LoTR] Moria [40k] Daemons [WM/H] RoS, Cryx, Cygnar, Mercs, Gators, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Dakai Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:23 am

i will be getting it as well, just for the rats, more then likey i will be selling the High Elves but willing to make them available for you as well. If not i will paint them and sell them on ebay.
Dakai
Dakai
Dark Apostle

Number of posts : 392
Registration date : 2008-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:30 am

Depending on what comes with the box i might start a HE army or trade the HEs for the Skaven. I allready got a ton of Skaven, but might think about replacing the clanrats if the new models are worth it.
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Number of posts : 2971
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:58 am

I want the mini rulebook, but don't really want any of the figs. Black Reach and Skull Pass sets had figs I wanted but I don't play either HE or Skaven... and really don't need to collect another army.
Kyle
Kyle
Chaos God

Number of posts : 1433
Armies : Infinity-Yu Jing, Heavy Gear-North, 40K-IG/Orks, Uncharted Seas-Shroud Mages, FoW-SS, AM Naval-Japanese, Hordes-Trolls, Blood Bowl-Goblins, Malifaux- Guild, Anima-Azure, BFG- Chaos, Dystopian Wars- Brits
Registration date : 2008-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:05 am

Kyle wrote:.....I don't play either HE or Skaven... and really don't need to collect another army.

Amen to that one brother
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male
Armies : [WHFB] DoC, Lizardmen, O&G [LoTR] Moria [40k] Daemons [WM/H] RoS, Cryx, Cygnar, Mercs, Gators, Skorne

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:22 am

There is always room for another army !
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:32 am

*looks at list of games under my name* I already play and have too many armies for games I don't have enough time for, and I'm looking at putting together Freebooters Fate and Firestorm Armada armies in the near future Sad
Kyle
Kyle
Chaos God

Armies : Infinity-Yu Jing, Heavy Gear-North, 40K-IG/Orks, Uncharted Seas-Shroud Mages, FoW-SS, AM Naval-Japanese, Hordes-Trolls, Blood Bowl-Goblins, Malifaux- Guild, Anima-Azure, BFG- Chaos, Dystopian Wars- Brits

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:28 pm

Oh yeah, i forgot that you are a game collector Smile

I could probably name some random board game and you either have it or played it at one point Cool
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The Eldar Guy Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:33 pm

If anyone buys extra boxes and has an extra rulebook. I'm interested.

The Eldar Guy
The Eldar Guy
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1571
Armies : Eldar(40k & BFG), Dark Eldar (WIP), & Dark Elves
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Vycem Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:12 pm

Ditto on the rulebook needs

Vycem
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2008-05-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Garry Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:52 pm

you would think with how greedy games workshop is that they would not sell the small rule book at some crazy price...
Garry
Garry
Aspiring Champion

Male
Number of posts : 233
Armies : Chaos, dark elf, Skaven, Ogre, Orc (fan & 40K) Brit, eldar, marines, high elf
Registration date : 2008-11-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:53 pm

They then couldn't sell the big book at a high price. They aren't dumb, the point is to give the kids the first hit of the drug, then they will come back for more. The target of the box sets is to draw in the new players.
Kyle
Kyle
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:10 pm

So how much would you guys sell the sprues for each army? I believe the box set is $90. How will you make up the difference. What is the mini rule book worth? What else comes in the box...another set of dice and templates? How is this economical? What do you think you can get for the shit in the set you dont want?

rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Number of posts : 3612
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.
Registration date : 2008-02-27

https://splinterfaction.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:13 pm

Why spend $90 on the set then bank on selling everything in it just to get the book? Lets say you get $60 for the shit you dont want...$30 for a shitty little paper rule book.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:22 pm

Some people would prefer that than spending the big money on a big heavy rulebook they don't want to lug around. People will pay for the convenience of the small rulebook. Some people do want at least half the figs in the set and know its a good deal still. For Black Reach and Skull Pass, I saw lot of people put half the contents up for sale and easily get 30-50 bucks for each army. The box sets were cheaper so some people would have gotten the book essentially free especially if they bought online with 20% discounts and such tossed in.
Kyle
Kyle
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by Diosamblet Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:08 pm

I got the goblins from the Battle for Skull Pass set on eBay for $20, and the rulebook for $10. This was back when the box was only $50.

I expect eBay will be flooded with skaven and high elf sets, as well as the rulebook, soon after the new box is released.
Diosamblet
Diosamblet
Primarch

Number of posts : 672
Registration date : 2008-03-06

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:54 pm

Yeah - you can usually get half of the box value for the lot of figs from each side. Boox for $10-$13
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by jspyd3rx Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:42 am

Even at $30 bucks, it still beats paying $75 for it.
jspyd3rx
jspyd3rx
Chaos God

Number of posts : 1190
Registration date : 2009-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:59 am

Yes, but as everyone will have the same Idea. Ebay will be flooded with the components. Your not gonna get top dollar or you may not be able to sell the stuff at all. Then what? I can easily see posting this stuff on ebay and none of it selling or you not getting shit for the stuff. Now youve blown $90 for a mini rule book to stick it to GW. I suppose if you play either army it may be a deal, but for me and other like me I hate all things Elvish and I dont play Skaven. I bought the rule book, cuz I roll like that.

Im not trying to start anything Im just asking and giving my point of view. I think Im the only one who feels the way I do.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:43 am

I love elves! What a Face

Especially, Liv Tyler and her pointy ears! cherry
Hurricane
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1622
Armies : Mormon Crusaders,Sisters of Battle, Lizardmen, British and Fallschirmjager
Registration date : 2008-03-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:45 am

? This is the third box set like this, the market floods on ebay yes, but it doesn't stop it from selling. Your not going to ever get "top dollar" for this stuff.

Also seriously, buy the box set online for 20-22% off and pay only about $70
Kyle
Kyle
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:06 pm

true.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dakai Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:22 pm

i think the 5th ed box was like 75 bucks as with the 6th ed box...
Dakai
Dakai
Dark Apostle

Number of posts : 392
Registration date : 2008-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Dakai Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:37 pm

oh i do not really want the small book
Dakai
Dakai
Dark Apostle