The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

8Ed 2500 Doc

5 posters

Go down

8Ed 2500 Doc Empty 8Ed 2500 Doc

Post by ShadowMaster Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:04 am

Bloodthirster - Armor of Khorne, Axe of Khorne, Collar of Khorne, Immortal Fury
Herald of Tzeentch - Master of Metal Sorcery, Spell Breaker
Herald of Tzeentch - Master of Death Sorcery, Spell Breaker
4x10 Horrors and 1X15 Horrors
10 Flesh hounds
2x6 Flamers w/ Pyrocaster
2x1 Bloodcrusher

This was my list for the Sunshine July tournement.
Don't believe the internet rumors..... DoC are still a nasty force to be fighting with.

I did find playing this with 8Ed MUCH more challenging. I had to pick and choose my combats, but having speed, skirmishers, and some throw away bait units (NEW!) made that happen quite often. I'm really not used to sacrificing units. I played it a bit in reverse as I stayed mostly MSU and had a MASSIVE 11 deployments. This allowed me to position my characters in the best position to attack.

BT - Still a killing machine that can win combat solo against many targets. Flying and speed allows that to happen all day. I was lucky to face only 1 warmachine all day.

HoT!!!!!! - These are $$$$$. For 185 points you get a flying mage who knows ALL the spells in a lore and a has a dispel. The 4+ ward saved my ASS on several miscasts. Death was nice in nerfing leadership, but Metal was awesome. Blades made flamers and hounds even nastier and Glittering Robes was aces in adding a missing armor save to all my units!

Horrors - 5 units gave me up to 7 total chance to channel dice each phase. They provided bait, quarter holding support, extended my deployment, and of course - filled my core requirements.

FleshHounds - A nice plus in that as War Beasts they can go through terrain without issues. Still solid on the attack with WS5 S5 I4 A2. You need to pick the combats more carefully because the extra attacks back can hurt as they lack the resilance of most heavy cav units. I avoided the flank charge on the WoC Knights because I felt the characters would cut them down.

Bloodcrushers - My first time fielding these was pretty successful. I used 2 single model units as mage body guards, to support the thirster and hounds, as additional bait, and as scorpion like (I play TK too) mage hunters. As one of the few units with Armor, they have some extra D. Glittering Robes makes them very solid! While they died alot, they earned their points back more often than not before they did.

Flamers - Of all the units that did not need improved - this one gets a boost. They can now march and shoot. You can measure everything, so they are easy to keep out of threat range. Stubborn in the terrain. If you thought they were deadly before..... buff them with Aiban Blades and watch the damage really pile up.
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 2812
Armies : [WHFB] DoC, Lizardmen, O&G [LoTR] Moria [40k] Daemons [WM/H] RoS, Cryx, Cygnar, Mercs, Gators, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Back to top Go down

8Ed 2500 Doc Empty Re: 8Ed 2500 Doc

Post by ShadowMaster Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:09 pm

Coming off the first place tournement finish, I gave this list another run vs. Neil's WoC today.

Vilich the Leechlord
Throgg
Exalted Champ
17 Trolls
25 Chosen
2 Shrines
1 Hellcannon

I had to dodge 7 miscasts caused when the Hellcannon misfired. There was just nowhere safe to engage with these monster attack hordes. I did turn 15 chosen to gold over 2 turns, but he still had 2 when we stopped.

After 4 turns all I scored for points was the Leechlord in a challenge w/ the BT.

Dead on my side.... BT, flesh hounds, 1 unit of flamers, and both crushers.

Solid victory to Neil.
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male
Armies : [WHFB] DoC, Lizardmen, O&G [LoTR] Moria [40k] Daemons [WM/H] RoS, Cryx, Cygnar, Mercs, Gators, Skorne

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:20 am

From experience, Trolls in units of 6 are NASTY, facing 17 Trolls is insane.
I dont even wanna think how crazy an Ogre army is gonna do now with the new rules. Only thing thats keeping Ogres down a bit is that they dont all have regen saves.
The BT might be ..Meh..with the new Rules, no longer can he just break units on the charge and destroy everything, cant just fly arround the field anymore wherever he wants. Im thinking a unit of 6 BloodCrushers would dish out a stupid amount of damage, use them to destroy whatever is tied up with your Blocks.
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Number of posts : 2971
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:57 pm

It was just so impossible to score against that list.

2 full units of flamers did nothing but pump the trolls full of flaming shots and still I could only kill 9. Toughness 5 from the shrine helped him.

The WS6 Tzeentch Chosen had XHW for 3 base I5 S5 attacks each. 3+ ward on these from the shrine.
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:24 pm

How did the chosen get Strength 5 ? They are strength 4. Did they get buffed by the shrine ?

I'm surprised the trolls didn't just get burnt alive by the flamers. I had a tough time all game against you trying to keep them safe from your flamers. Toughness 4 with no armour save is not very good against D6X6X2 strength 4 shots every friggin turn.

Did he have Vilich the cursling ?

How did he do, did he rule the magic phase ? The power 15 Tzeentch spell is no big deal for a lvl 4 now. You can make a whole unit go away if you role an 11 or 12 on the random strength.
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male
Number of posts : 2629
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:48 pm

Neil tried to gateway me twice, but I was able to contain it and get his unit into combat. The champion took one round, but then Vilich had to challenge and he was eaten by the BT.

Your right - S4 attacks, but so many your head would spin.

ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Garry Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:28 pm

I would love to go up against either of those list I think it would be a great challage. But I do think that a Skaven horde would make it a very intresting game. That is with using no bell or furnace I think it would be fun....

Boith those list have about 60 to 70 fig. going against a 300+ army with ldr10 avg. St6 shooting and big template catapults.

Love to play the game whay do you think Bill?
Garry
Garry
Aspiring Champion

Male
Number of posts : 233
Armies : Chaos, dark elf, Skaven, Ogre, Orc (fan & 40K) Brit, eldar, marines, high elf
Registration date : 2008-11-04

Back to top Go down

Post by jspyd3rx Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:27 pm

Post when you guys play. I would love to see that game.
jspyd3rx
jspyd3rx
Chaos God

Number of posts : 1190
Registration date : 2009-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:14 pm

Sure thing. You still owe me a game Garry
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Garry Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:58 pm

I have mighty empires starting this Sunday at Tates but I will see what days I have open after this Sunday. It should be a good game.
Garry
Garry
Aspiring Champion

Male
Number of posts : 233
Armies : Chaos, dark elf, Skaven, Ogre, Orc (fan & 40K) Brit, eldar, marines, high elf
Registration date : 2008-11-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down