The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Skaven madness ?

+3
jspyd3rx
Ovich
luis the young
7 posters

Go down

Skaven madness ? Empty Skaven madness ?

Post by luis the young Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:35 pm

Ok, i just thought of something crazy with the Skaven. You guys tell me what you think.

Unit of 100 Skaven Slaves. Place a character in it with Skaven Brew to give them frenzy/hatred, maybe with the Terrifying Mask so they now cause terror. And the Amulet that gives the unit 6+ ward save vs warmachines. Give them Slings, spears and shields. Champ and Musc.

Now, deploy them 10 wide 10 deep, Slings have an 18 inch range, thats 60 shots with Volley fire, if you are within 9 inches..thats 2 shots each, 120 shots with volley fire. Is a unit thats stubborn with a LD of 10 with General close by. And all for 365 points..... with 10 ranks, they can soak a LOT of fire before even caring about casualties.

Hahaha..even crazier, have them push the Screaming Bell into combat, the unit is now Unbreakable Smile

Crazy ?
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Number of posts : 2971
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Back to top Go down

Skaven madness ? Empty Re: Skaven madness ?

Post by Ovich Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:49 pm

Do slings have volley fire ? I thought only bows did .
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male
Number of posts : 2629
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:04 pm

Not sure, dont have the book here with me.
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:08 pm

Just checked... nope... no volley fire. But it does look like they have 2 X shots, regardless of range.
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:56 pm

Well, the volley fire wont work , but still gives them 40 shots, and they can stand and shoot. I need to try it see how it would work. Makes for a very safe place for the Screaming Bell, that unit aint going nowhere.
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:08 pm

Don't think you can put a screaming bell in a unit of slaves
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:08 pm

Face it Luis... you're just going to have to win without cheating...... for once.
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by jspyd3rx Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:34 pm

O0hhh, snap!
jspyd3rx
jspyd3rx
Chaos God

Number of posts : 1190
Registration date : 2009-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:36 pm

If scenarios have deployment restrictions, the size of the block would likely not fit
Kyle
Kyle
Chaos God

Number of posts : 1433
Armies : Infinity-Yu Jing, Heavy Gear-North, 40K-IG/Orks, Uncharted Seas-Shroud Mages, FoW-SS, AM Naval-Japanese, Hordes-Trolls, Blood Bowl-Goblins, Malifaux- Guild, Anima-Azure, BFG- Chaos, Dystopian Wars- Brits
Registration date : 2008-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:10 am

Ovich wrote:Face it Luis... you're just going to have to win without cheating...... for once.

I'll find a way..there is always a way...i learned that from you!

hmm, maybe i should go with my 4 Abom army list. Gotta make more Tyranid-Rat Ogre hybrids.
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dakai Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:43 pm

i say go for it i might start fielding two units of 100 goblins each
Dakai
Dakai
Dark Apostle

Number of posts : 392
Registration date : 2008-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:45 am

You can only play with 2 abominations I believe. Unless you're talking about 3000 points.
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Sat Jul 31, 2010 1:28 pm

Talking bout the Ard'Boys, can use 4 rares in that
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Garry Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:16 pm

What I have been running is 2 units of slaves 7 wide 7 deep keeping the genral and BSB with in 12 inches they can tie up units for a long time due to steadfast and they cancel most other units steadfast. But the great thing about it is you can shoot into combat!!!!! Nothing pisses people off more then you tieing them up with a 100 pt unit and then start mortering , catapulting and rattling gunning into them. Not to mention let say they break them fist round they will be taking D6 +1 for each rank when they flee st3 hits. THIS IS A 100pt UNIT that does not cause panic to the other units in the army. Also us the swarms 25pt as either flank blockers or put them infornt of jezzels and shot over them.

I have been having a lot of fun with the Skaven lately.
Garry
Garry
Aspiring Champion

Male
Number of posts : 233
Armies : Chaos, dark elf, Skaven, Ogre, Orc (fan & 40K) Brit, eldar, marines, high elf
Registration date : 2008-11-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:16 pm

I've given serious thought to keeping my Skaven army in the new edition as opposed to selling them on EBAY as I originally planned.

Jerry sold me his army. It's got like 150 Clan rats, 60 skaven slaves, something like 60 plague monks.

I could make a serious horde army with this.. You don't really need the plague furnace or screaming bell anymore do you ?

You plop a couple abominations on the end of your line and that's some nasty shit
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:41 pm

I think Skaven are pretty nasty in 8th. You have high init, cheap troops, nasty magic, and some very nice shooting. You'r going to have access to cheap models with the new starter kit.

They are an interesting army. If it wasn't for the 250 rat models; I'd play Skaven.
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 2812
Armies : [WHFB] DoC, Lizardmen, O&G [LoTR] Moria [40k] Daemons [WM/H] RoS, Cryx, Cygnar, Mercs, Gators, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Garry Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:56 pm

What you want to pick up for your Skaven is Catapults you will either have to use the O&G or Brits. they do not make a model for them. But they are really nasty for cheap and do much more damage then the abaomanations. I use right now the goblin launcher and brit catapult. With this new addition the Skaven have become more favorite army with Ogre close second.
Garry
Garry
Aspiring Champion

Male
Number of posts : 233
Armies : Chaos, dark elf, Skaven, Ogre, Orc (fan & 40K) Brit, eldar, marines, high elf
Registration date : 2008-11-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down