The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Possessed or Termies or Raptors

+2
rokassan
Plague30
6 posters

Go down

Use Terminators or Possessed or Raptors as Elite choice for Plague30's Word Bearer noobie Chapter?

Possessed or Termies or Raptors Vote_lcap86%Possessed or Termies or Raptors Vote_rcap 86% 
[ 6 ]
Possessed or Termies or Raptors Vote_lcap0%Possessed or Termies or Raptors Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Possessed or Termies or Raptors Vote_lcap14%Possessed or Termies or Raptors Vote_rcap 14% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 7

Possessed or Termies or Raptors Empty Possessed or Termies or Raptors

Post by Plague30 Sat May 03, 2008 10:16 am

Have no idea where to go for Elite choice. I do sorta want a fast attack, hard hitting force. I need to get into CC asap. SO should i go with raptors? the models are gay to be honest. their jumpacks look like shit and their "floating" effect is craptastic. so what do you think? Thanks.
Plague30
Plague30
Traitor Marine

Number of posts : 192
Armies : Chaos
Registration date : 2008-03-13

Back to top Go down

Possessed or Termies or Raptors Empty Re: Possessed or Termies or Raptors

Post by rokassan Sat May 03, 2008 10:22 am

Go with the Termies. Im sure in the not so far future Forge World will come out with Wordbearer Terminators. Deep strike and shoot the shit out of everything. Give them Chainfists and power fists to tear up vehicles and hight toughness troops. I think the raptors look good.
If you want I have some old metal chaos termies, Ill give them to you...if youll use them. The models dont look bad.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Number of posts : 3612
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.
Registration date : 2008-02-27

https://splinterfaction.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by lordfairfax2001 Sat May 03, 2008 12:40 pm

It was a toss up for me between possessed and termies...Raptors are too expensive for their capability. If you want them for fluff purposes, that's cool, but if you're looking for possible game breakers, go with the termies, then the possessed -- went with termies because they are more versatile, as Bill has already pointed out...
lordfairfax2001
lordfairfax2001
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 739
Armies : WHFB: High Elves, Wood Elves, Lizardmen and many more; WH40K: SM, Ordo Malleus, Eldar; BFG: Eldar; M
Registration date : 2008-03-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Sat May 03, 2008 12:46 pm

I would definitely go with the Termies from a game play standpoint. They used to be like 40 points a piece in the old codex and now they're 30.. You can't argue with that.

Plus with deepstrike available, they may actually get to the enemy faster than raptors or possessed.
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male
Number of posts : 2629
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Forcefed24 Sat May 03, 2008 5:06 pm

Possessed only look cool....Don't touch em. Raptors overpriced? Not especially. Terminators are the obvious choice though.....
Forcefed24
Forcefed24
Dark Apostle

Male
Number of posts : 436
Armies : Thousand Sons, Necrons, Tyranids
Registration date : 2008-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Plague30 Sat May 03, 2008 5:22 pm

Termies it is!! Thanks for the help guys. Just picked up 5 but I may pick up for a champ if the set doesn't bring the parts for one. I'll be adding possessed bits to my whole army b/c i have a ton now so they should look pretty mean in the end (read: 3 years from now approx).
Plague30
Plague30
Traitor Marine

Back to top Go down

Post by Plague30 Sun May 04, 2008 2:41 pm

OK i picked up 5 termies. There is no leader. Joel sells a blister pack of a metal Termie leader right?

And Termies (as well as Oblits) can deep strike as a matter of course right? in other words, they do not need a sorceror to summon them or send them into battle. The only other thing i need to keep in mind is to try to deep strike them near an icon (w/in 6") so they don't scatter correct? Thanks.
Plague30
Plague30
Traitor Marine

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Sun May 04, 2008 3:05 pm

You picked up the boxed saet or the metal ones in the blisters? Yes Obliterators and termies can deepstrike.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.

Back to top Go down

Post by Plague30 Sun May 04, 2008 7:07 pm

I picked up the boxed set. and i also picked up a champion. he will be taller than the other termies and sorta on a pedestal.
Plague30
Plague30
Traitor Marine

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Sun May 04, 2008 10:18 pm

The boxed set comes with a champ.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ImAShakiraholic Sun May 04, 2008 10:59 pm

Daemon packs can do a number on any of those units even if they are generic.

Termies are great for the firepower they posses. Give 4x powerweapons and ALWAYS include 1x Powerfist. Or go with small squads for the Landraider and Reaper.
ImAShakiraholic
ImAShakiraholic
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1255
Armies : Chaos, Tau, Eldar, Tyranids, Necrons, Space Marines :: Vampire Counts, Hordes of Chaos (Khorne)
Registration date : 2008-02-29

http://www.40KWreckingCrew.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down