The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Next handfull of Tournys

+4
jspyd3rx
ShadowMaster
Garry
Dakai
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The Next handfull of Tournys Empty The Next handfull of Tournys

Post by Dakai Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:13 am

So i have to ask sense Mike, Dan, and I had to draw straws basicly to run ard boyz and the overall lack of want to run another,tourenment for a few months on all of our parts. And this being the first of the month and with our gaming groups never end quest for tourenments, whom among you will take up the mantle. I will play in the next so called cheese event. (that is meant as joke, i want to state that before i am accused of venom filled words...lol) this gives me a chance to have a painted army along with have a better handle of the current rules. I feel that with the current changes and over all confusion of them i have been unable to run something proper. But who will stand up and take this charge??? Also i know me and dan want to use our merc lists...at said events. Sense our group is a hardcore group i do not see that as problem. Also does any one know if the Tates group run tourenments??? I think it would be fun to head up there for a few cheers .
Dakai
Dakai
Dark Apostle

Number of posts : 392
Registration date : 2008-04-17

Back to top Go down

The Next handfull of Tournys Empty Re: The Next handfull of Tournys

Post by Garry Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:41 am

No we normally have not had any being run. Right now we are playing a MIghty Empire Campagne. But when they do it is normally set up by Tates and run thru them. The mighty Empires is run on an every other Sunday thing were we play one campaign game then pick up games.

But to solve your tourny thing you might want to try a mighty empire campaign down there it is just as competative and can be played in and run by the one person with no conflict of intrest. If you are intrested we have put together a more indept set of rules then the book. It has been evolving over each gaming day. Not to mention we have 10 players so we set up the 5 tables with a differnt senaro on each table and encourage people to write there own senaro's but need to be approved by person running campaign not to mention with rolling off to see what table you are playing on there is a good chance that they will not play there senaro 1in5 chance.

If you are intrested just let me know I can give you all the info and explain it a great deal more indept not to mention your group is all on this board so a lot of the admid stuff can be done on the board and can even have the games planed between the player over the board when the challages have been issued.

Sorry about the spelling this really needs spell check.....
Garry
Garry
Aspiring Champion

Male
Number of posts : 233
Armies : Chaos, dark elf, Skaven, Ogre, Orc (fan & 40K) Brit, eldar, marines, high elf
Registration date : 2008-11-04

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:14 pm

I'll run an event, but let me get past the Ard Boyz Semi-finals first.
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 2812
Armies : [WHFB] DoC, Lizardmen, O&G [LoTR] Moria [40k] Daemons [WM/H] RoS, Cryx, Cygnar, Mercs, Gators, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Garry Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:32 pm

Congrats on making it past first round how you place.
Garry
Garry
Aspiring Champion

Male
Armies : Chaos, dark elf, Skaven, Ogre, Orc (fan & 40K) Brit, eldar, marines, high elf

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:10 pm

Thanks Garry
I took 1st - this will be my first chance to play round 2
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male
Armies : [WHFB] DoC, Lizardmen, O&G [LoTR] Moria [40k] Daemons [WM/H] RoS, Cryx, Cygnar, Mercs, Gators, Skorne

Back to top Go down

Post by jspyd3rx Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:19 pm

A few more games and I think I can do it. As far as merc lists, I suggest doing a poll. If even one guy objects, then I don't think it would be cool. If you guys are ok with it, then it opens the door for other things as well like forge world models and rules. I would love to rock a full rhinox rider unit.
jspyd3rx
jspyd3rx
Chaos God

Number of posts : 1190
Registration date : 2009-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:23 am

I'll see if I can run a few in the months to come.
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male
Number of posts : 2629
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Dakai Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:27 pm

oh hey um who is running semi's. Because i am not judging it.
Dakai
Dakai
Dark Apostle

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:12 am

I think we need to think about not running tournaments, but maybe running other events.

Gary has a great idea with the Mighty Empires Campaign. Unfortunately, the past 4 tournaments have basically been the same 6 to 8 people, and our Fantasy base that plays at Joel's is MUCH larger then that.

I think if we try a Mighty Empires, or something similar, we'd get a lot more interest. I also think it'd bring back more hobby aspects as well.

So what do you guys think? If I buy a Mighty Empires set, are you guys down playing in it? (You know what, I'll make a new post about it).

scurrdi
Chaos God

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2008-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Dakai Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:19 am

great idea dan. i look forward to reading it.

But no really is any one going to run the next round? Question
Dakai
Dakai
Dark Apostle

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:16 pm

Joel said he needs to run a magic release event on Saturday the 25th and unless GW approves him moving it to Sunday (which they won't because it's round 2 and people need to plan and travel) that he may not host round 2.

Rob and Lu, start planning for an Orlando roadtrip.
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:18 pm

I'm cool with a campaign for a bit. Garry sent me all the rules via email. I'll phone Dan and discuss launching it.
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:18 pm

What frack ? Shocked ?
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Number of posts : 2971
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:23 pm

Yeah - just great after he insured Tate's wouldn't be running round 2. I'm transfering all wife aggro this Orlando trip causes me to Joel. She's Columbian..... it won't be pretty.
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:19 am

Heh, oh Joel. What shall we do with ye.

scurrdi
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by Garry Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:02 pm

Here is how that will work we each will have 100 GP we will then place on a piece of paper what you want to bid on get the first choice of starting tiles. Highest bid chooses first if 2 people bid the same they roll off. What GP you have left will be put into your empires bank. GP are worth one army point when building your army list. You can only spend 250 GP at one time (if you have it) so the most you would be able to increase your army points to would be 2500 pts. A 250 pt advantage helps an army but would not make them over power full. This will also help everyone understand the importance of mines. So that army list that you have that is 10 or 15 pts over and you really like it you can play if you have the GP to spend.

Then we will need to choose our events the person that choose there starting point will choose first and so forth.

1.Shortfall- Pick a player and they can get no revenue this round

2. Building boom-You can place a fort or mine marker on a tile you own or replace fort you control to a city

3. Disaster- choose a player they must roll a d6 for each mine, city and fort on a roll of a 1 it is destroyed

4.All or nothing- you receive an extra 2 campaign points if you win, if you lose or draw you get nothing

5. Scouts-Your opponent has to deploy his whole army before you deploy yours

6. Diplomacy- choose a player they can not challenge you that turn

7. Land Grab- The first tile you grab this turn only cost 1 campaign point not 2

8. Magic Reserch- ignor your first mis cast of the game

After this the challenges are placed lowest point empire challenges first and so forth. If there is a tie they roll off

When all battle are done we record your points
Lose- 1 campaign point
Draw- 2 campaign point
win- 3 campaign point
Massacre- 4 campaign points (must win by 1250)

Now is when you can spend your campaign points
Claim a tile- 2pts
Conquer tile- 3pts take there flag off and put your on but you must have battled them and won to choose this
Build- 1pt Add a fortress or mine to a tile you own or upgrade a fort to city
Raids- 1pt add 2d6x10 to your treasury
Mountains- it cost 1 extra pt to take
Fort or city- it cost 1 extra pt to take

You win when you have 10 points
1pt for each tile
tiles with city's are worth 2pts

Why build mines? for each tile you have a mine on at the end of each round you roll 1d6x10 (river2d6 mountains 3d6) this will be gold generated from the mine you can use this money to buy extra troops above the 2250 limit for a battle.

We will also have a few extra special tiles on the board that if you own them you will then rep the benefits from them. Dwarf brewery, wizard tower.
Garry
Garry
Aspiring Champion

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dakai Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:58 am

Joel did moved it to sunday. Tates did not run round 1. the nearest area is orlando. Now if some one runs it here you 3 basically auto advance. Now i did not want to run it cause of that fact. I really do not think i need to be there for a 3 person tournament. But to save you guys head aches and money i will run it. I just though someone would just do it....lol

So see you guys there...for i guess a battle royal for first.
Dakai
Dakai
Dark Apostle

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:46 pm

Look at the bright side...... you get to play as the house army 4th in a round robin setting. Full day of warhammer FTW!
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:30 pm

Heh, Nate fails. Very Happy

Just kidding. You all have fun playing each other... again!

scurrdi
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by Dakai Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:38 am

ShadowMaster wrote:Look at the bright side...... you get to play as the house army 4th in a round robin setting. Full day of warhammer FTW!

i did not advance.....
Dakai
Dakai
Dark Apostle

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:19 am

Dakai wrote:
ShadowMaster wrote:Look at the bright side...... you get to play as the house army 4th in a round robin setting. Full day of warhammer FTW!

i did not advance.....

Right, but if we only have 3 then someone has to play the "house army" so everyone has an opponent.
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:49 am

Well, thats a load off, Joel got the ok to run it on Sunday. Thanks Nate for judging it.

Should be interesting, maybe we'll get some people coming down to play in it from other areas.
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Number of posts : 2971
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:13 pm

I'm scheduled for a 12 hour shift on Sunday the 26th. I'll try to swap it out but I may not be able to play that day.
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dakai Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:05 pm

um i got some bad news.......joel said the GW this "in Florida only a place called Skull and Bones is running. And you where only conceded to run the semi round, I am sorry" or some bullshit like that. Now i called GW myself, and spoke to a "mason" he said the following "GW has yet to give out any of the info, we ourselves do not know. We are told it should be placed on the site later this week. This is due to all of the information is being handled thru England. Leaving us in the dark"......

So um i am fucking clueless on what to do at the moment. Lets plan on playing at Sunshine for the next few days till GW gives us any more info.
Dakai
Dakai
Dark Apostle

Back to top Go down

Post by Dakai Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:06 pm

ShadowMaster wrote:
Dakai wrote:

i did not advance.....

Right, but if we only have 3 then someone has to play the "house army" so everyone has an opponent.

that is true 3,000 point of empire gun line goodness or T&G goodness
Dakai
Dakai
Dark Apostle

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next