The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Looking for Games

+2
chef xenos
dozer
6 posters

Go down

Looking for Games Empty Looking for Games

Post by dozer Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:53 pm

Figured I would take a second here and do a little introduction. I just recently moved into Pembroke Pines from Fort Myers. I have done a little research on places to play around here, and I can say that none have truly stood out in my eyes compared to the FLGS that I used to play at in Fort Myers (2D10 Games). As such, what are some of the better places to play?

Now back on topic, I took a little hiatus from 40k to get some things done with in my life. As such, I want to start playing some pick up games to get back into the swing of things. I mainly play Deathwing, but have numerous PA models as well. I can field up to I think 7,500 points of Dark Angels total. So any points total is fine with me.

Also, I am looking for a dedicated group to do a little game testing. Back in Fort Myers, a group of like minded individuals got together (myself included) to create a game of smaller proportions. We took ideas from Mordhiem, Necromunda, 40k, and Gorka Morka, as well as some of our own, and combined them to make a small 40k skirmish game. So far we are two years into development, and have a very solid rule set. But, with any other game, its the squads that count. As such, I have squads and wargear and items that need to be tested, whether in single game formats or a long campaign. If anyone is interested, please let me know. Also, if you want more information, this is our forum. You can download the rulebook there, and feel free to join in some of the topics. Death Squads Game
dozer
dozer
Cultist

Male
Number of posts : 37
Armies : Dark Angels (DW, RW, and Greenwing), DS Skirmish: Chaos Cultists, Imperial Renegades, and Imperial Guard.
Registration date : 2010-09-03

Back to top Go down

Looking for Games Empty Re: Looking for Games

Post by chef xenos Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:16 pm

i use to live in naples and i rember 2d10 Razz
chef xenos
chef xenos
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 814
Armies : {40k and apoc units} tyranids,gene-cult,exocrine,dominatrix,fortress of faith {bfg}tyranids {battletech} void-stalkers(merc/pirates)
Registration date : 2009-01-08

http://john80687.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by jspyd3rx Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:52 pm

I gues the two big places are Tate's in Broward and Sunshine Adventure Gaming in Miami. My brother and I will be at Sunshine all day playing both Fantasy and 40K at around 2K points Sunday.
jspyd3rx
jspyd3rx
Chaos God

Number of posts : 1190
Registration date : 2009-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:42 pm

Hi Dozer,

Welcome to the board. I'd suggest posting in the introduce yourself thread and reading a bit there to learn who is who.

Tate's in Lauderdale and Sunshine in Miami are your 2 main game shops for GW products.

Cool Stuff Games in Davie is a Privateer Press dealer

I also live in Pembroke Pines - so give a yell sometime if you want to meet for a game.
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 2812
Armies : [WHFB] DoC, Lizardmen, O&G [LoTR] Moria [40k] Daemons [WM/H] RoS, Cryx, Cygnar, Mercs, Gators, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by jspyd3rx Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:25 pm

Jeez Bill!?! Pembroke Pines and you come down to sunshine? I though you lived close to the store.
jspyd3rx
jspyd3rx
Chaos God

Number of posts : 1190
Registration date : 2009-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:28 am

P.Pines is South West Broward - it only takes me @20 minutes to get to Sunshine.
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male
Armies : [WHFB] DoC, Lizardmen, O&G [LoTR] Moria [40k] Daemons [WM/H] RoS, Cryx, Cygnar, Mercs, Gators, Skorne

Back to top Go down

Post by Wild Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:23 am

You're shocked at him? I'm an hour drive and I'm up at West Boca.

Wild
Cultist

Number of posts : 60
Armies : Tau, Black Templars
Registration date : 2009-04-25

Back to top Go down

Post by dozer Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:06 pm

Awesome, thanks for the responses guys. I am still trying to get settled in here, but by the end of this weekend I should be ready to go. Is there a solid group of gamers that gets together once or twice during the week at any one of those locations?

Do any of those places have open tables during the week or are they booked solid for other table top games? Mainly my free time comes during the week rather than the weekends.
dozer
dozer
Cultist

Male
Number of posts : 37
Armies : Dark Angels (DW, RW, and Greenwing), DS Skirmish: Chaos Cultists, Imperial Renegades, and Imperial Guard.
Registration date : 2010-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Garm Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:34 pm

Wednesdays are the default days for Warhammer at Sunshine. It's pretty much open tables whenever you want, though. Just have to find someone else to meet up with.

I think Warhammer days at Tate's are on Sundays.
Garm
Garm
Traitor Marine

Male
Number of posts : 137
Armies : 40k: Orks, Dark Eldar - Fantasy: Beastmen
Registration date : 2009-06-25

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:06 pm

Yes - best bet is to coordinate an opponent and meet up.
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down