The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Looking for bitz

2 posters

Go down

Looking for bitz Empty Looking for bitz

Post by Garm Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:41 am

So I'm starting out with the new Dark Eldar codex, and I want to use Wracks as some of my troops, and since we don't have an official model for them yet, I gotta make my own. I came up with a general idea of how I wanna do it, and I found a post on some other forum of a guy who basically did the same thing, so I know it can work.

I'll be using the Empire Flagellants as a base, so here's what I'm looking for, if anyone cares to sell/donate the parts:
-WoC Warrior Heads, or some other kind of helmet that totally covers the face.
-Pairs of hand weapons, preferably something curvy and sharp, that would fit the Eldar look. Dark Elf weapons would fit this, especially Corsair weapons. I think a couple of scythes from Hormagaunts would look good too, at least on a couple of Wracks.
-Something to use as a liquifier gun (sprays acid). The guy from the forum post used a Kroot hunting rifle, but it seemed way too big for the model. Maybe a Termagant's weapon, or a flamer from a Storm Guardian (are those plastic or metal? I have no idea.)
Send me a PM if you can help me out.

-Andrew
Garm
Garm
Traitor Marine

Male
Number of posts : 137
Armies : 40k: Orks, Dark Eldar - Fantasy: Beastmen
Registration date : 2009-06-25

Back to top Go down

Looking for bitz Empty Re: Looking for bitz

Post by The Eldar Guy Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:47 am

I have a bunch of dark elf weapons. I believe I have punching daggers, corsair throwing spears, swords, etc.
The Eldar Guy
The Eldar Guy
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1571
Armies : Eldar(40k & BFG), Dark Eldar (WIP), & Dark Elves
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by The Eldar Guy Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:57 am

What's your take on ghouls?
The Eldar Guy
The Eldar Guy
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1571
Armies : Eldar(40k & BFG), Dark Eldar (WIP), & Dark Elves
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Garm Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:31 pm

Not really what I'm going for, personally. Ghoul models are way too feral-looking, and from reading their description in the codex, while they are totally dedicated to their patron Haemonculus, Wracks are fundamentally still Eldar, and should retain some semblance of that cunning and stature. Modeling them on Ghouls just makes them look like baby Grotesques, to me.
Garm
Garm
Traitor Marine

Male
Number of posts : 137
Armies : 40k: Orks, Dark Eldar - Fantasy: Beastmen
Registration date : 2009-06-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down