The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

florida super comic Games and anime

+3
Verizonwired
ShadowMaster
Garry
7 posters

Go down

florida super comic Games and anime Empty florida super comic Games and anime

Post by Garry Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:56 pm

Do any of you play warhammer at this location it is on the corner or stirling and university in Davie.

Actually do any of you play any games there???

Thank's

Garry
Garry
Garry
Aspiring Champion

Male
Number of posts : 233
Armies : Chaos, dark elf, Skaven, Ogre, Orc (fan & 40K) Brit, eldar, marines, high elf
Registration date : 2008-11-04

Back to top Go down

florida super comic Games and anime Empty Re: florida super comic Games and anime

Post by ShadowMaster Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:59 pm

Sandy of War and Pieces opened that up with her boyfriend Supercon Mike.

As it's her 3rd go at the boyfriend/comic business mix I'd say I sense a pattern here.
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 2812
Armies : [WHFB] DoC, Lizardmen, O&G [LoTR] Moria [40k] Daemons [WM/H] RoS, Cryx, Cygnar, Mercs, Gators, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Back to top Go down

florida super comic Games and anime Empty Re: florida super comic Games and anime

Post by Garry Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:23 pm

So in other words don't expect it to last long.

That sucks that place is so much closer to the house for me, I guess I will play there till what ever happens happens. Tates is just becoming to much of a drive and the closer the gaming place the better for me less gripping from the wife.

Isn't there a lot of people in the Pines, Davie Cooper City area that either head to Sunshine or Tates?
Garry
Garry
Aspiring Champion

Male
Number of posts : 233
Armies : Chaos, dark elf, Skaven, Ogre, Orc (fan & 40K) Brit, eldar, marines, high elf
Registration date : 2008-11-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Verizonwired Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:12 pm

i play there when i can. its pretty nice. I also play at adventure gaming store. if you ever want to play a game, PM me and ill introduce you to the other guys

Verizonwired
Recruit

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2010-09-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:56 pm

I don't see how anyone can play anything like Warhammer there, the gaming table space is pathetic and the couple times I've been to the store the tables were packed with card gamers.
Kyle
Kyle
Chaos God

Number of posts : 1433
Armies : Infinity-Yu Jing, Heavy Gear-North, 40K-IG/Orks, Uncharted Seas-Shroud Mages, FoW-SS, AM Naval-Japanese, Hordes-Trolls, Blood Bowl-Goblins, Malifaux- Guild, Anima-Azure, BFG- Chaos, Dystopian Wars- Brits
Registration date : 2008-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by dozer Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:16 pm

When I first moved here (Pembroke Pines) I visited Tates, and boy was I disappointed. I guess you could call me spoiled because I came from a place where my FLGS was just like sunshine (loads of tables, plenty of terrain, and game support at the store as well as in the community), and was right around the corner from where I lived. So personally for me, after I've invested all my time, effort, and money into my little toy soldiers, a 30-45 drive down to Sunshine isn't that bad to get a quality gaming experience.
dozer
dozer
Cultist

Male
Number of posts : 37
Armies : Dark Angels (DW, RW, and Greenwing), DS Skirmish: Chaos Cultists, Imperial Renegades, and Imperial Guard.
Registration date : 2010-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:53 pm

Meh, my trips to Sunshine always scared me (mostly Joel) and found the place dirty. Tates has pretty large gaming space and lots of terrain now, perhaps when they first opened their gaming space it was fairly small.
Kyle
Kyle
Chaos God

Armies : Infinity-Yu Jing, Heavy Gear-North, 40K-IG/Orks, Uncharted Seas-Shroud Mages, FoW-SS, AM Naval-Japanese, Hordes-Trolls, Blood Bowl-Goblins, Malifaux- Guild, Anima-Azure, BFG- Chaos, Dystopian Wars- Brits

Back to top Go down

Post by jspyd3rx Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:20 pm

Joel moved store to a larger location in the same mall. The only dirty is his little nest behind his register.
jspyd3rx
jspyd3rx
Chaos God

Number of posts : 1190
Registration date : 2009-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:29 pm

dozer wrote:When I first moved here (Pembroke Pines) I visited Tates, and boy was I disappointed. I guess you could call me spoiled because I came from a place where my FLGS was just like sunshine (loads of tables, plenty of terrain, and game support at the store as well as in the community), and was right around the corner from where I lived. So personally for me, after I've invested all my time, effort, and money into my little toy soldiers, a 30-45 drive down to Sunshine isn't that bad to get a quality gaming experience.

HUH?
Tate's space is equal (now that Joel moved to the larger space)
Tate's has an equal ammount of terrain - maybe more. The LoTR board is awesome. Sunshine does have more battleboards.
Tate's is VERY clean. Sunshine is hit or miss.

Sunshine is 20% off, while Tate's charges full retail.

Player base is about equal at both stores.
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male
Armies : [WHFB] DoC, Lizardmen, O&G [LoTR] Moria [40k] Daemons [WM/H] RoS, Cryx, Cygnar, Mercs, Gators, Skorne

Back to top Go down

Post by dozer Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:24 am

ShadowMaster wrote:
HUH?
Tate's space is equal (now that Joel moved to the larger space)
Tate's has an equal ammount of terrain - maybe more. The LoTR board is awesome. Sunshine does have more battleboards.
Tate's is VERY clean. Sunshine is hit or miss.

Sunshine is 20% off, while Tate's charges full retail.

Player base is about equal at both stores.
Potentially true, as I didn't stick around long enough to find out. Perhaps a second chance is in order? Who knows....

But what struck me about Sunshine is the fact that I can sit there and have a conversation with Joel, and even get a friendly "hey hows it going" when walking through the door. Whereas the first (and only) time I went to tates the guy didn't even look up from his magazine when I walked through the door. No questions on what game I play, no questions on army types or paints, or if i needed new brushes. Not even a "hey if you play 40k they play on X day at X time".

IMHO its that personal touch that really makes or breaks a game store.
dozer
dozer
Cultist

Male
Number of posts : 37
Armies : Dark Angels (DW, RW, and Greenwing), DS Skirmish: Chaos Cultists, Imperial Renegades, and Imperial Guard.
Registration date : 2010-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:39 am

Depends who works the register, they got quite a few different employees. Some are in their own little world, while some are extremely friendly.

I had opposite reaction whenever I've dealt with Joel as it felt like I was being hounded by a used car salesman. I suppose hes just trying to be nice and make some sales but it never jived with me.
Kyle
Kyle
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:49 pm

Oh and Garry if you are ever looking to do any gaming in the Pines area or nearby let me know to see if we can set something up. I play all kinds of shit with basically only my WHFB army currently in a mess. I also got all the stuff to do games at my house which is in Davie/Pines by the cinemark 24.
Kyle
Kyle
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by jerryb Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:20 am

Tates is very clean, terrain, and I consider the playing area good size. The staff seemed disinterested except for their buddies.
Brad (store manager) on the other hand is an asshole.

The new store on University drive has lots of room, clean, little terrain and only two game tables, the rest are card tables. ALL of the staff is friendly. No 40K stock when I was there, but they did have some Warmachine.
jerryb
jerryb
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1451
Armies : AT-43, Pyrates, Battle Tech
Registration date : 2008-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:11 am

Think you are describing Cool Stuff games perhaps which is in the next shopping plaza. Super Comic Games and Anime has 40k, WFB, Malifaux, WM/Hordes, and other games but they have only a couple tables in a corner for gaming and not much room for big games.

Cool Stuff is a nice open store but WM/Hordes is really only miniature gaming that goes on there, rest is card gaming all the time and some RPG groups on Saturdays. I would imagine they would let a person play whatever there during a weekday when they got lot of open tables though.
Kyle
Kyle
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by jerryb Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:43 am

Kyle, correct, I was in fact thinking of Cool Stuff, I just forgot the name.

They let us play AT-43 with no problem (on the card tables).
jerryb
jerryb
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1451
Armies : AT-43, Pyrates, Battle Tech
Registration date : 2008-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:08 am

Super Comic and Games put out an email that had some gaming info on it. According to it they have a Warhammer league on Saturdays. No info is given though so have no clue if it's 40k, Fantasy, or both, and if it's true or not.
Kyle
Kyle
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:50 am

Sandy told me way back when that she had a "good size" player base back at War and Pieces. That turned out to be completely false. I only ever saw one other person with an army at that store.

Any event they ever announced ended up not happeneing. I wouldn't hold your breath.
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:50 pm

Yea I was there first day for their Fantasy league at W&P and no one else ever showed. We set up a 40k tournament once, and when a couple of us got there the tables were all taken by Warmachine players and Joey was like "why you guys here?"
Kyle
Kyle
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down