The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New 40k FAQs!

+4
zephel
chef xenos
Wild
jspyd3rx
8 posters

Go down

New 40k FAQs! Empty New 40k FAQs!

Post by jspyd3rx Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:37 pm

New FAQs!
http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/article.jsp?categoryId=&pIndex=1&aId=3400019&multiPageMode=true&start=2
jspyd3rx
jspyd3rx
Chaos God

Number of posts : 1190
Registration date : 2009-10-10

Back to top Go down

New 40k FAQs! Empty Re: New 40k FAQs!

Post by Wild Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:53 pm

Important to note: Black Templars and Dark Angels got a pseudo-update to 5th edition. Their rules now reflect what the rest of the Marine armies have in equipment.

Wild
Cultist

Number of posts : 60
Armies : Tau, Black Templars
Registration date : 2009-04-25

Back to top Go down

Post by chef xenos Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:47 pm

thats a big update to templars
chef xenos
chef xenos
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 814
Armies : {40k and apoc units} tyranids,gene-cult,exocrine,dominatrix,fortress of faith {bfg}tyranids {battletech} void-stalkers(merc/pirates)
Registration date : 2009-01-08

http://john80687.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by zephel Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:51 pm

anything for eldar Very Happy
zephel
zephel
Dark Apostle

Male
Number of posts : 454
Armies : Eldar, Dark Eldar
Registration date : 2010-09-24

Back to top Go down

Post by jspyd3rx Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:05 am

Holy crap! Looked at DA codex last night since I couldn't sleep. It just moved way up in tiers. Deathwing is way op compared Loganwing. So much cheaper, even ravenwing is gross.
jspyd3rx
jspyd3rx
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkAngel_Cesar Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:18 pm

jspyd3rx wrote:Holy crap! Looked at DA codex last night since I couldn't sleep. It just moved way up in tiers. Deathwing is way op compared Loganwing. So much cheaper, even ravenwing is gross.

What do you think I've been building for the past month all I've been doing is trolling multiple forums for a while now.

Do the Math....235x6 + 130 = 1540

That's 30 termies each squad having a Missle Launcher and Belihal...that leaves you 460 points to mess with in a 2000 point game and 210 in a 1750...some pretty stupid stuff now...

12, STR 8, AP3 shots a turn....kinda fun...no?

---Cesar

DarkAngel_Cesar
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 512
Armies : Ravenwing and Dark Angels 3rd company
Registration date : 2008-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post by NurgleNick Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:42 pm

You can't have a Belial in every squad, you silly goose. Also, 12 Krak Missiles is cool, but I'm sure you can manage a few more, no? They can only pick up one Cyclone per squad?
NurgleNick
NurgleNick
Dark Apostle

Number of posts : 350
Registration date : 2008-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by KingdomCome Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:03 pm

Yup.
KingdomCome
KingdomCome
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1233
Armies : 40K: Tau, Eldar, SM FoW: Americans & Russians Infinity: Combined Army of EI WM/H: TrollBloods
Registration date : 2009-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkAngel_Cesar Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:24 pm

NurgleNick wrote:You can't have a Belial in every squad, you silly goose. Also, 12 Krak Missiles is cool, but I'm sure you can manage a few more, no? They can only pick up one Cyclone per squad?

Nick you going crazy bud? 235 x 6 = 1410 points. Take Belial as your HQ for 130 points and it's a total of 1540 for the entire army....so say were playing 2000 point game i can fit another 5 man squad with a Cyclone Launcher plus whatever else and yes only one Launcher per squad.

DarkAngel_Cesar
Primarch

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by jspyd3rx Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:18 pm

Vhaaat!?! I thoughT I was doing Dark Angels. We can't have two dark angel players, can we? Maybe take another look at black Templar. Tank hunting terminators with strength 5 stormbolters and strength 7 assault cannons or strength 9 cyclone missle launchers.
jspyd3rx
jspyd3rx
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkAngel_Cesar Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:14 pm

<<----Original Dark Angels Player. LoL but ya that means i need a lot o termies...about 5-8 boxes worth....that's a lot of Mula...even if i do it the gurantee Nick way i would have to purchase about 4 boxes

DarkAngel_Cesar
Primarch

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by jspyd3rx Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:25 pm

Dual wing seems more attractive to me. 520 points gives you a possible 4 scoring units with one of them actually being a land speeder. Maybe for ard boys might be better.
jspyd3rx
jspyd3rx
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkAngel_Cesar Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:43 pm

ya but how much LR FP can dual wing supply? I played raven wing up to 5th ed and then the assualt cannon nerf happend and even these days with the new armor rules 10 armor all around is subject to Bolter Fire...so it's kinda crazy....and all bike armies are coool but were is the LR Fire Power?

--Cesar

DarkAngel_Cesar
Primarch

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by jspyd3rx Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:53 pm

Bah, scout moves will take you into melta range turn one. No need for long range.
jspyd3rx
jspyd3rx
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkAngel_Cesar Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:17 pm

jspyd3rx wrote:Bah, scout moves will take you into melta range turn one. No need for long range.

How many Melta shots can you get off turn 1...or before those bikes are suckerd into close combat...I played ravenwing for a long time melta's turn one are cool beans but let me tell you the momment your bikes get caught in combat it's kinda off at least in 5th ed in 4th ed i was all about the +1 Toughness and raw raw raw....melta+rapid fire platform and then charge in for clean up...but now in 5th ed...iunno...

I ran one melta in each squad and had about 5-squads...maybe you choose to run Multi-Meltas on the ATK Bikes i went Heavy Bolters though for more saturation...I think DW takes the cake this time around in 5th ed when it was Ravenwing in 4th ed.

--Cesar

DarkAngel_Cesar
Primarch

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by jspyd3rx Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:36 pm

Soo 5x DW troops, Beliel and two dreadnoughts in drop pods? I like dreadnoughts. I like em a lot. I think they could compliment foot slogging DW.
jspyd3rx
jspyd3rx
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkAngel_Cesar Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:40 pm

TWO Dreadnaughts i guess...I would def make one of the squads have an apoc...so they can enjoy feel no pain...probably that squad will be with belliah and they will run Lightning claws....iunno. We'll see what happens...either way i would have to start buying terminators and Iunno we'll see if i get the itch that bad.

--Cesar

DarkAngel_Cesar
Primarch

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by NurgleNick Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:44 am

Land Raiders. You don't want your Terminators to slog, you crazy men. You want your tough guys inside tough vehicles, where no one can scratch their shiny white paint, and brand new Stormshields. Drive up, park 'Raiders for additional vehicle popping Lazy-Cannons, and fire cyclones at people. Re-embark, back up and shoot when enemies approach, and Raider-rush 'em for late-game "I win" smash.

In any case, however, I fear how DW will do versus me and my girlfriend's new Archon, and his armada of paper airplanes. I have a LOOOOT of lances. Oh, and I even bring 4 Shatterfield Missiles on my 3 Voidraven Bombers, for those silly Space Wolf Longwangs.

"Boom, boom, boom, boom. Okay, your 6 guys suffer 22 wounds. Have fun."

It's sexy. I'm struggling to counter it with my 'Nids -- which makes sense, 'cause I designed it with both Anti-Horde and AT in mind. Gonna playtest it again tomorrow, at Max's, to see how it stacks up against Lash (and maybe IG!)
NurgleNick
NurgleNick
Dark Apostle

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkAngel_Cesar Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:25 pm

I'd probably lose half my squad.....well depends on what AP it is.....and nick if you put your dudes in LR's then you lose points were you can have more termies.....Iunno maybe slog them up while you pew pew from a distance and smash things if you have too.

---Cesar

DarkAngel_Cesar
Primarch

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by NurgleNick Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:13 am

Sure, but you keep your guys safe from stuff like plasma, which Terminators are allergic to. How many LRs could you fit into 2k, and still have 20+ Terminators?
NurgleNick
NurgleNick
Dark Apostle

Back to top Go down

Post by jspyd3rx Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:46 am

Thing is, we have a local meta game. No one uses plasma. We all can't help but consider local players when we put lists together. Though I have always been somewhat themed. Still miss my all Ork biker list or dread spam. So DA can do well, even foot slogging. Not against our dark eldar lists though. Too many saves to take for five models. Maybe with FNP might have a chance. Both mine and Archett's list would destroy a deathwing list, especially foot slogging. An all kick ass SM army meta gaming would be space wolves. I hate that army soo much. Even bjorn could come in handy turning into extra objectives and rerolling to go first would hurt big time against DE.
jspyd3rx
jspyd3rx
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by NurgleNick Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:17 am

I dunno -- I did fairly well when I played Max's IG, and I had 2nd turn, and started on the board, versus 3 Manticores, 2 Devil Dogs, 7 Chimeras, and a pair of Vendettas.. I suspect I could handle Space Wolves. IG is really the only thing Dark Eldar are scared of -- you have to surgical-strike like crazy, and all those Chimera screens make life difficult.

As for plasma, I dunno -- Obliterators bring it, and Chaos is fairly common. I know Max runs 9, and Javier and I run around 5-6, when we run Chaos. Plasma isn't raining from the heavens, but I don't think it's a non-factor. Land Raiders really give you something that nothing else in the army provides -- precision charges, armoured bunkers to hide in, and scoring AV14 hulls with huge footprints.

(Although, between you and me, I think the real scary stuff is in the Templar book, after those FAQs. Scoring Terminators don't spook me -- Jump-pack Marines with 3++ Invuln. saves, Pref. Enemy, and a Powerfist, for 20 points a model, scares me. So do S9, Pref. Enemy, TH/SS Terminators.)
NurgleNick
NurgleNick
Dark Apostle

Back to top Go down

Post by jspyd3rx Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:34 am

Or strength 9 cyclone missle launchers taken in pairs for a squad of 5. Also, the cheapest typhoon landspeeders in the game at only 70 points.
jspyd3rx
jspyd3rx
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by dozer Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:17 am

You mean S8 CML's. You can get two LRs, 5 Squads of DW Termies, and 2 HQ's in 2,000. As a matter of fact thats the exact list that I like to run.

I prefer to use a LRC with Belial and Int-Chappy in TDA with our now FnP Command Squad. If played right, or hope your opponent makes a bonehead move, you can get your CC squad stuck in first turn. My game last saturday saw my Command Squad with both HQ's in the LRC literally controlling one half of the board. The threat range a LR gives is absurd. 12" move with 2" disembark and a 6" charge is a 20" threat range.
dozer
dozer
Cultist

Male
Number of posts : 37
Armies : Dark Angels (DW, RW, and Greenwing), DS Skirmish: Chaos Cultists, Imperial Renegades, and Imperial Guard.
Registration date : 2010-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down