The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DA Army list - tell me what you think

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

DA Army list - tell me what you think - Page 2 Empty Re: DA Army list - tell me what you think

Post by TSMango Fri May 06, 2011 8:56 pm

That list is pretty heavy with CC for Dark Angels, don't you think?
TSMango
TSMango
Neophyte

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2011-03-23

Back to top Go down

DA Army list - tell me what you think - Page 2 Empty Re: DA Army list - tell me what you think

Post by dozer Fri May 06, 2011 9:51 pm

Not any more than what you had previously, the only exception being an extra Dread close combat weapon in mine, and no powerfist on your tac squad. Its really a slow moving gunline, but its got that CC punch when you need it, like when your opponent is playing Blood Angels. Really with the list I gave you shouldn't be initiating close combat unless circumstances absolutely demand it.
dozer
dozer
Cultist

Male
Number of posts : 37
Armies : Dark Angels (DW, RW, and Greenwing), DS Skirmish: Chaos Cultists, Imperial Renegades, and Imperial Guard.
Registration date : 2010-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by TSMango Fri May 06, 2011 10:55 pm

Well, what about I keep the two dreds I have, just swap the missile launcher on one with a CC weapon like the other?
TSMango
TSMango
Neophyte

Back to top Go down

Post by dozer Sat May 07, 2011 8:37 am

Its an ok option.....thing is that lascannon you can only tank hunt with, same with the multi-melta. The plasma cannon is somewhat ubiquitous, allowing you to tank-hunt, but is also a great anti-infantry weapon as well.

Here is another list:

Company Master - Power Weapon - 115 points

Dreadnought - TLLC, ML - 155 points

Dreadnought - TLLC, ML - 155 points

Tac Squad #1 - 5 man - Sgt w/ Power weapon, Meltagun, Rhino - 115 points

Tac Squad #2 - 5 man - Sgt w/ Power weapon, Meltagun, Rhino - 115 points

Tac Squad #3 - 5 man - Sgt w/ Power weapon, Meltagun, Rhino - 115 points

Tac Squad #4 - 5 man - Sgt w/ Power weapon, Meltagun, Rhino - 115 points

Tac Squad #5 - 5 man - Sgt w/ Power weapon, Meltagun, Rhino - 115 points

dozer
dozer
Cultist

Male
Armies : Dark Angels (DW, RW, and Greenwing), DS Skirmish: Chaos Cultists, Imperial Renegades, and Imperial Guard.

Back to top Go down

Post by KingdomCome Sat May 07, 2011 8:51 am

You could switch the power weapon points on the tacs for hunter killer missiles. It would give your opponent fits.
KingdomCome
KingdomCome
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1233
Armies : 40K: Tau, Eldar, SM FoW: Americans & Russians Infinity: Combined Army of EI WM/H: TrollBloods
Registration date : 2009-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by TSMango Sat May 07, 2011 9:56 pm

KingdomCome wrote:You could switch the power weapon points on the tacs for hunter killer missiles. It would give your opponent fits.
So... now I'm a tad confused.
TSMango
TSMango
Neophyte

Back to top Go down

Post by dozer Sun May 08, 2011 7:43 am

Why? It all comes down to personal preference. I cannot stand the thought of wasting 10 points on a one shot deal. To me its not worth it. However, Kingdom is a giant fan of them, and I've been on the receiving end of some of his shennanigins before. Play with your list, test out different ideas. The key to this is find what works best for YOU.

dozer
dozer
Cultist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by KingdomCome Sun May 08, 2011 8:01 am

I suggest hk missiles in this list for a few reasons. Even though it is only 5 shots, it helps with fire support on a list with currently 2 options for it. I've never been a fan of power weapons on tac squads. It's kinda pointless when their best attribute is to shoot, lose combat and fall back. If you dont get caught, your opponent is in the open for more bolter bukkake. If not you get another round to beat face. Also, you're never guaranteed to even reach cc so it could he wasted points on a pw. Where a hunter killer ( even with one shot) can always be used, or saved to have another weapon destroyed in case your opponent only has glancing weapons, saving you from possible immobility for another round. A five man squad will be hugging cover and praying for 3+ , not screaming "for the Emperor" in route to an ass beating.
KingdomCome
KingdomCome
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1233
Armies : 40K: Tau, Eldar, SM FoW: Americans & Russians Infinity: Combined Army of EI WM/H: TrollBloods
Registration date : 2009-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by TSMango Sun May 08, 2011 12:25 pm

I learned rather quickly that five man squads tend not to fare so well. I'll try what I have with my list and swap things out as I need them.
TSMango
TSMango
Neophyte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2