The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thursday the 7th

4 posters

Go down

Thursday the 7th Empty Thursday the 7th

Post by KingdomCome Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:49 pm

I'm doing my best to keep the day open so I'll definitely be looking for a game of FOW after 5. Anything goes before. 40k, board games, whatever. Let me know if anyone wants to get a game in.
KingdomCome
KingdomCome
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1233
Armies : 40K: Tau, Eldar, SM FoW: Americans & Russians Infinity: Combined Army of EI WM/H: TrollBloods
Registration date : 2009-08-04

Back to top Go down

Thursday the 7th Empty Re: Thursday the 7th

Post by scurrdi Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:34 pm

I'm gonna swing by to play some FOW. I'm gonna send you a PM though Cesar.

I think Julian is also gonna come, maybe a couple of other folks too.

scurrdi
Chaos God

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2008-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by jhope Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:29 pm

I'll be there on the 7th. Usual time. I think Tom may be there as well.

jhope
Traitor Captain

Male
Number of posts : 294
Armies : British, German & Soviet armies
Registration date : 2010-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by KingdomCome Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:45 pm

Are we doing mid or late?
KingdomCome
KingdomCome
Chaos God

Male
Armies : 40K: Tau, Eldar, SM FoW: Americans & Russians Infinity: Combined Army of EI WM/H: TrollBloods

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:53 pm

Mid, thats what the Tournament on Sunday is.

scurrdi
Chaos God

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2008-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by BrandonC Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:55 am

I'll be by a little before 5. Coming off a long, long FoW hiatus with my Soviets and wouldn't mind a small refresher game to get back into the swing of things. Only thing is I have only Late war books if everyone is cool w/ that?

On another note though, I do probably plan on buying the Midwar sourcebook when I go by, if it looks promising. Anyone want to vouch for it?

BrandonC
Cultist

Male
Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2009-05-23

Back to top Go down

Post by KingdomCome Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:17 pm

The eastern front book is actually not one that I own. Either Luis or Dan would have to fill you in on the russian side.
KingdomCome
KingdomCome
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by KingdomCome Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:18 pm

scurrdi wrote:Mid, thats what the Tournament on Sunday is.
Ok. I'll have both in case Brandon wants to play late.
KingdomCome
KingdomCome
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by jhope Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:43 am

Brandon and I played a mid-war game. Fighting withdrawal. I was the attacker against what looked like a horde of soviets. I was a bit worried since he had two companies with 28 stands each. My commandos only have 7 in a platoon. I did manage to get four of them into position to assault on turn 3. What a mess that was. I killed half in a turn of assaulting, but kept failing my roles to counterattack. Also, had one platoon pinned and sent back.

Killed the cavalry on turn 2 with an assault and my tanks got his by the end of turn 3. The large numbers of troops was a big problem.

We assaulted back and forth. I ended turn 4 with one platoon dead and two down to two stands. Another had 4. Damn, I'm close to breaking.

Turn 6 I moved and assaulted again. Attacking two objectives that could be removed. I won one assault with commandos, finally taking out a company and getting him below half. The other, I used tank. I won the assault, but his infantry fell back to contest the objective. Arghhhhh, so he removed the other one. He made his company test.

Turn 7, all or nothing. His HQ was between what would be the last objective. Soooo....commandos assault....taking out the HQ and then moving on to secure the objective. Tanks also finished some infantry and AT guns.

No company commander, so he automatically failed the company test. Think I got a bit lucky. Somehow I only lost one platoon, but the others were close to dead.

QUESTION...I know that independent teams can't take or contest an objective. He had 3 mortar teams that were part of the HQ. They weren't attached to anything. Can they contest an objective?

jhope
Traitor Captain

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by KingdomCome Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:54 am

If you have teams bought with the HQ, they have to be attached to a platoon , or they are considered to be a team by themselves. I don't think they can contest as they are considered assets.
KingdomCome
KingdomCome
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by jhope Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:45 am

That's what I was thinking. They aren't considered a platoon or soviet company, so they can't contest.

Last two games, I've also been dealing with multiple platoon assaulting. Assaulting one platoon brings in another, so you fight against two. Read some rules on it, so I think I understand it a bit better now.

When you move to assault the platoon you shot at, it must be directly towards them. If you end within 4" of another platoon, that platoon can provide defensive fire and counterattack with the originally assaulted platoon. If your within the 2" range then you can also kill teams in the platoon you aren't originally assaulting. This can be good and bad for the attacker.

FYI, playing paras for a few games makes me appreciate the 2+ hits of commandos more than ever. Just wish they had AT3.

jhope
Traitor Captain

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by KingdomCome Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:07 am

Your just horribly spoiled...
KingdomCome
KingdomCome
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down