The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Army builder and a couple of other things.

4 posters

Go down

Army builder and a couple of other things. Empty Army builder and a couple of other things.

Post by luis the young Fri May 16, 2008 8:58 am

Correct me if im wrong, but in a 3500 point game, you are allowed 2 lords and 4 heroes, am i missimg something because Army Builder is letting me have 2 Lords and 6 Heroes, have i been doing it wrong all this time or is it a bug in army builder ?

How many DISPELL and POWER dice does a mage generates based on lvl exactly ?
lvl 1
lvl 2
lvl 3
lvl 4

Someone shooting from a hill at a large target, gets +2 bonus right ? one for being on the hill, and the other for the large target.

Lets say a savage orc boss joins a unit of regular orcs, the savage orc boss has frenzy, is the whle unit now subject to the frenxy rule that it HAS to charge if it can, or will the character leave the unit to charge on its own ?
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Number of posts : 2971
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Back to top Go down

Army builder and a couple of other things. Empty Re: Army builder and a couple of other things.

Post by Ovich Fri May 16, 2008 10:12 am

You can have 6 Heroes Max in 3000 pts, so your army builder is fucked up.

Shooting at a Large target gives you +1 bonus, there is no bonus from shooting from a hill, only line of sight, which doesn't matter cause it's a large target.

Your boss does NOT make the whole unit frenzied, that would be insane... If he can charge he must charge out of the unit on his own, unless you Want the unit to charge also.

Also don't forget that a unit with a frenzied character will automatically fail their test to restrain pursuit, so will always pursue as long as the character is in the unit.
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male
Number of posts : 2629
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Army builder and a couple of other things. Empty Re: Army builder and a couple of other things.

Post by lordfairfax2001 Fri May 16, 2008 10:23 am

I don't have the O&G rule book in front of me (and I'm assuming you're doing an O&G army), but I remember that if you take a goblin hero, you get a 2 for 1 (at least you did in the old O&G book). Maybe that's the reason you are able to get 2 Lords and 6 heroes.

Ordinarily, at 3000-3999 points you only get 6 "character" slots, of which 2 may be lord level (so 2 lords and 4 heroes at most, as Stephan already pointed out).
lordfairfax2001
lordfairfax2001
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 739
Armies : WHFB: High Elves, Wood Elves, Lizardmen and many more; WH40K: SM, Ordo Malleus, Eldar; BFG: Eldar; M
Registration date : 2008-03-06

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Fri May 16, 2008 11:03 am

Welp, thanxs for the answers, i think that army builder is using parts from the old O&G book, before goblin heroes were 2 for 1, not anymore ! Sad

I didnt meant that the whole unit would become frenzied, just that if they would be affected by the frenzy rule of "always charge if possible" since they had a frenzied character leading it. But thanxs for clearing that up.

Jebus, i have 18 units ( includign warmachines ) and 198 models !
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Number of posts : 2971
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Fri May 16, 2008 1:30 pm

Oh Luis, silly silly

scurrdi
Chaos God

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2008-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down