The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Boardgame Group... and beyond

2 posters

Go down

Are you interested in joining the proposed boardgame group?

Boardgame Group... and beyond Vote_lcap20%Boardgame Group... and beyond Vote_rcap 20% 
[ 1 ]
Boardgame Group... and beyond Vote_lcap20%Boardgame Group... and beyond Vote_rcap 20% 
[ 1 ]
[ 1 ]
Boardgame Group... and beyond Vote_lcap0%Boardgame Group... and beyond Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Boardgame Group... and beyond Vote_lcap40%Boardgame Group... and beyond Vote_rcap 40% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 5

Boardgame Group... and beyond Empty Boardgame Group... and beyond

Post by TheLimey Wed May 18, 2011 9:43 am

The boardgamers who play at Joel's (amongst other places), myself included, are about to explore becoming an organised gaming group.

We're not yet starting discussions on what form this will take, but it will be something more formal than just a group of friends, will most likely involve some form of paying yearly dues, and will most likely be for the Dade/Broward/Palm Beach area.

Part of the driving force for this is that as an organised group, we can expand the player base. There's also the ultimate aim of organising our own con, but that's probably a year down the line.

I've got a couple of questions.

First of all, of those of you who play boardgames, would you be interested in joining? For that, see the poll above

Second, I would personally like to see the group opened up to more than just boardgames, to make the group a complete group for gaming in South Florida, and include sub groups for boardgames, CCG's, Miniatures (historical and otherwise) and RPG's. What's the community thought about that?

Thanks for all your thoughts in advance...

Last edited by TheLimey on Wed May 18, 2011 9:44 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Bloody poll is above the post, not below....)
TheLimey
TheLimey
Traitor Captain

Male
Number of posts : 266
Armies : Games played: Starship Troopers, Epic...
Registration date : 2009-08-27

Back to top Go down

Boardgame Group... and beyond Empty Re: Boardgame Group... and beyond

Post by Kyle Wed May 18, 2011 10:40 am

More organized possibly, but not when paying for it is involved. There would need to be big benefits for having to pay for this, more than a promise of potential "big events" in the future.
Kyle
Kyle
Chaos God

Number of posts : 1433
Armies : Infinity-Yu Jing, Heavy Gear-North, 40K-IG/Orks, Uncharted Seas-Shroud Mages, FoW-SS, AM Naval-Japanese, Hordes-Trolls, Blood Bowl-Goblins, Malifaux- Guild, Anima-Azure, BFG- Chaos, Dystopian Wars- Brits
Registration date : 2008-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by TheLimey Fri May 20, 2011 11:50 am

Wow, 202 members of this board, and I get 1 post in response and 5 votes.

I guess that answers the question...

Once we have more details worked out, I'll post more for those who want to know.
TheLimey
TheLimey
Traitor Captain

Male
Number of posts : 266
Armies : Games played: Starship Troopers, Epic...
Registration date : 2009-08-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle Fri May 20, 2011 11:57 am

Well I'd be interested but wonder how it would work and how to bring together so many geographically widespread gamers who like to stick to their local shops.
Kyle
Kyle
Chaos God

Number of posts : 1433
Armies : Infinity-Yu Jing, Heavy Gear-North, 40K-IG/Orks, Uncharted Seas-Shroud Mages, FoW-SS, AM Naval-Japanese, Hordes-Trolls, Blood Bowl-Goblins, Malifaux- Guild, Anima-Azure, BFG- Chaos, Dystopian Wars- Brits
Registration date : 2008-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down