The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Age of Conan!!!

+3
Plague30
Dr. Love
Abaddon
7 posters

Go down

Age of Conan!!! Empty Age of Conan!!!

Post by Abaddon Mon May 19, 2008 7:01 pm

All I have to say is WOW!!! The game is amazing. Blows world of Warcraft out of the water. It is so good I canceled my 2 accounts today with Blizzard.

The best part is that the game is for adults. There is plenty of blood and severed heads to go around. The network is smooth and so is the game play. The only downside to the game is that it is a system hog.

If you are interested in MMORPG then you should check it out.
Abaddon
Abaddon
Traitor Captain

Male
Number of posts : 285
Armies : Infinity: Pan Oceania
Registration date : 2008-03-01

Back to top Go down

Age of Conan!!! Empty Re: Age of Conan!!!

Post by Dr. Love Mon May 19, 2008 7:58 pm

I'd play it, but the System Requirements are so high, my computer has a very likely possibility that it will explode and burn my house down when i pop in the CD. I will just wait for the Xbox360 version to come out.
Dr. Love
Dr. Love
Dark Apostle

Male
Number of posts : 344
Armies : Orks, Empire, Imperial Guard (WIP)
Registration date : 2008-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Plague30 Mon May 19, 2008 9:25 pm

is it out yet?

what classes can you play?

is there pvp? realm v realm or open pvp?
Plague30
Plague30
Traitor Marine

Number of posts : 192
Armies : Chaos

Back to top Go down

Post by Grombart Tue May 20, 2008 8:43 am

Yes, it looks great! I want to get it, but I don't think my system can handle it. Maybe if there are low settings for the game. Can you check? If so I will jump into the game.
Grombart
Grombart
Traitor Captain

Male
Number of posts : 280

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkAngel_Cesar Wed May 21, 2008 9:38 am

Saw some videos, not too impressed with the actual fighting system while being a melee class, blood and guts...ehhh big woop..we'll see how good this game actually is in 3-6 months when funcom has to patch and update the content to keep people happy that'll be the true test...otherwise for me the pvp system is blah. I'll stick to WoW till Warhammer comes out then give that a whirl.

DarkAngel_Cesar
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 512
Armies : Ravenwing and Dark Angels 3rd company
Registration date : 2008-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Wed May 21, 2008 9:50 am

Also unimpressed with this title -

The twitch combo combat system seems like it would annoy me in a mmorpg which could lag at times in big battles.

The end game is all raid based

Very LINEAR for a MMO - You can't just walk up the mountains in th distance. Many environmental and invisable walls (reminds me of AO).

I'd hold out until September for Warhammer online
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 2812
Armies : [WHFB] DoC, Lizardmen, O&G [LoTR] Moria [40k] Daemons [WM/H] RoS, Cryx, Cygnar, Mercs, Gators, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Wed May 21, 2008 10:14 am

warhammer online is going to kick ass and blow evry game out there out of the water, i like it that they have taken their time to test it and work on it, it just means that is gonna be an awsone game.
Age of conan had bad reviews in beta and from what i saw it still sucks
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Number of posts : 2971
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Abaddon Thu May 22, 2008 9:28 am

I hate to burst your bubbles, but from everything I have read Warhammer is going to be a bust. A lot of people who have played the Beta are saying that it plays very poor and that the classes are not well balanced.

I just wih that they would have gotten a better c ompany to make Warhammer and can only hope that the powers that are making Warhammer 40k realize what a gem they have on their hands and don't screw it up.
Abaddon
Abaddon
Traitor Captain

Male
Number of posts : 285
Armies : Infinity: Pan Oceania

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Thu May 22, 2008 9:37 am

whos makign warhammer 40k ?
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army

Back to top Go down

Post by Plague30 Thu May 22, 2008 10:11 am

i will be pre-ordering Warhammer Online. Hopefully i will get into the closed beta before the open beta starts in 2-3 months. i think WH should be OK. i just hope it has a good pvp system.
Plague30
Plague30
Traitor Marine

Number of posts : 192
Armies : Chaos

Back to top Go down

Post by Grombart Thu May 22, 2008 10:32 am

From several guys who have been beta testing Warhammer Online, they say it has crazy bugs. I believe the release date was supposed to be Febuary 2008.
Grombart
Grombart
Traitor Captain

Male
Number of posts : 280

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Thu May 22, 2008 3:14 pm

Take it from someone who has played nothing but MMORPGs since Ultima Online (about 8 years now) - there is no better company to have make your large scale RvR game than Mythic.

Mythic invented RvR (large scale PvP) in Dark Age of Camelot, and while people bitch about this and that - that fact is the game rocked for years and nothing has come close as far as mythical based siege warfare goes.

Funcom's first game, Anarchy Online, had such a rough laucnh of bugs and cheats that it went from mainstream option to niche game. I did enjoy the Sci-fi setting and my Martial Artist for about 50some levels - but it got dull quickly. AoC seems like more of the same with graphics few people can run on their rig. Also, fo me - end game raid = no way Jose'. I don't want to need the help of 23 people over 6 hours to get something important done. It caters to the power-gamer too much. I'm sure Conan is fun, but I don't think it will have the long term appeal of WARHAMMER and large scale RVR.
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 2812
Armies : [WHFB] DoC, Lizardmen, O&G [LoTR] Moria [40k] Daemons [WM/H] RoS, Cryx, Cygnar, Mercs, Gators, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Thu May 22, 2008 4:06 pm

I loved DaOC , i do admit that their rvr pvp system was the best idea ever, it actually gave you a goal on pvp, th eonly thing i didnt like much was the magic items, but then i came from EQ and was used to killer items with uber stats. I liked raiding, i used to sit for 8 hours doing an EQ raid, and it was fun as hell, EQ is still for me the best game ever of its time, nothing has ever compared to it.
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down