The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mantic Games-Warpath

3 posters

Go down

Mantic Games-Warpath  Empty Mantic Games-Warpath

Post by Dice_Runt Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:11 am

so...another game sci-fi mini game. Any takers
Dice_Runt
Dice_Runt
Dark Apostle

Number of posts : 490
Registration date : 2010-12-02

Back to top Go down

Mantic Games-Warpath  Empty Re: Mantic Games-Warpath

Post by Kyle Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:03 am

I will wait to see how the game develops. Right now the rules remind me of Kings of War rules they put out, which were pretty crappy and overly simple. The game seems like a streamlined 40k. I also want to see what they do with the game and if anything actually unique. Space orcs and dwarves? Really? Let me guess, Space Elves and Dark Elves are next? They make their money off selling proxies for GW games, I would like to see them come out with more originality, maybe some unique factions and units that sets them apart.

Kings of War came out and it seems like no one is playing that. If Warpath is the same type of game, I don't see it doing too well. Big problem with KoW is that there is no flavor for the armies at all. They all use generic rules with each faction having a handful of special rules which are often very simple and don't really set one race apart from the other. Mantic makes nice cheap figures, but they haven't shown any real quality when it comes to making actual game rules.

I am much more looking forward to see the Sci Fi game that Privateer Press is going to put out.
Kyle
Kyle
Chaos God

Number of posts : 1433
Armies : Infinity-Yu Jing, Heavy Gear-North, 40K-IG/Orks, Uncharted Seas-Shroud Mages, FoW-SS, AM Naval-Japanese, Hordes-Trolls, Blood Bowl-Goblins, Malifaux- Guild, Anima-Azure, BFG- Chaos, Dystopian Wars- Brits
Registration date : 2008-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:29 am

The rules are a legal smoke screen to say "we build our own models for our own games". Dwarves, Elves, etc all being universaly open for artistic use - they can then pimp GW armies for way less money.

Winning
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 2812
Armies : [WHFB] DoC, Lizardmen, O&G [LoTR] Moria [40k] Daemons [WM/H] RoS, Cryx, Cygnar, Mercs, Gators, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Dice_Runt Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:14 am

i guess.. personaly i thing the kings of war models are butt ugly
Dice_Runt
Dice_Runt
Dark Apostle

Number of posts : 490
Registration date : 2010-12-02

Back to top Go down