The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

American Rangers or British Commandoes?

3 posters

Go down

American Rangers or British Commandoes? Empty American Rangers or British Commandoes?

Post by scurrdi Sat May 24, 2008 11:26 pm

Which does everyone like/dislike more? I'm looking to stay allies but for a more elite army (getting a little tired of hordes and want something smaller/quicker). The Commandoes are usable in both Mid-War and Late-War from what I've seen and some of the options for them look good but the Americans are a little cheaper from what I've seen.

I'm currently leaning towards the Brits.

scurrdi
Chaos God

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2008-03-04

Back to top Go down

American Rangers or British Commandoes? Empty Re: American Rangers or British Commandoes?

Post by rokassan Sat May 24, 2008 11:48 pm

Commandos.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Number of posts : 3612
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.
Registration date : 2008-02-27

https://splinterfaction.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

American Rangers or British Commandoes? Empty Re: American Rangers or British Commandoes?

Post by Hurricane Sun May 25, 2008 9:59 am

If you do Commandos, those models and list are basically Midwar Afrika book. Which is cool, but you are limited. The British Paratroopers are way cool too but you are looking at late war only. So, both have their drawbacks. The Americans like the rangers or airborne troops are lists that could easily be used in both Midwar and Latewar without having different models or camo schemes. I like the brits but I like the flexibility of the americans.

Tough choice. Oh, and americans have bazookas for both periods which is a definate advantage.

But I like brits
Hurricane
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1622
Armies : Mormon Crusaders,Sisters of Battle, Lizardmen, British and Fallschirmjager
Registration date : 2008-03-01

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Sun May 25, 2008 12:17 pm

Im doing US Para's.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Sun May 25, 2008 3:26 pm

Huh, well good stuff good stuff. I ended up going with Americans as the guy who ran the tournament was there when I went to buy some stuff and he pointed out a few things to me, plus I like artillery Very Happy

So Americans it is! And Bill are you retiring your Italians or just making a new army?

scurrdi
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Mon May 26, 2008 6:11 pm

Ill never retire my Italians. Just want another Army...the good guys. My Italians are fun to play and very competative(I won the last tournament)...plus Im of Italian decent.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Tue May 27, 2008 12:57 am

Yeah I knew as much but it's good to hear your bringing some good guys into the fray! Now you can join in on the Late War fun. Twisted Evil

Late War is kinda scary. The Russians become Trained... 80+ stands of trained infantry... eek

scurrdi
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down