The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Heavy Gears?

2 posters

Go down

Heavy Gears? Empty Heavy Gears?

Post by Verizonwired Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:36 pm

I was looking and wondering how Heavy Gears plays?

Verizonwired
Recruit

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2010-09-22

Back to top Go down

Heavy Gears? Empty Re: Heavy Gears?

Post by Kyle Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:56 pm

Heavy Gear Lock and Loaded is the current edition of the game, a new ruleset recently came out called Arena which is basically the sport played in the Heavy Gear universe and is somewhat compatible with normal Heavy Gear.

Heavy Gear is an interesting game, it's main combat system is based on a success system where the higher you succeed with an action by, the better the result. So the higher you roll with a shot compared to your opponents defense roll, means you will do more damage for example. The new edition kinda sped up the game and made smaller armies more attractive, I was a beta tester for DP9 for quite a while on the game, but it's never been a huge success. Game is fairly streamlined, it's not a detailed combat game like Battletech or the old versions of Heavy Gear which were more micro management heavy, but it's not a super simple game like say 40k.

I got a North army in a closet that hasn't been played in a while, the other players I used to play with have kind of dissapeared or are no longer around. Know one other player who still has figs but we haven't played in over 2 years.

Unless you are looking for Heavy Gear rpg stuff, thats different of course
Kyle
Kyle
Chaos God

Number of posts : 1433
Armies : Infinity-Yu Jing, Heavy Gear-North, 40K-IG/Orks, Uncharted Seas-Shroud Mages, FoW-SS, AM Naval-Japanese, Hordes-Trolls, Blood Bowl-Goblins, Malifaux- Guild, Anima-Azure, BFG- Chaos, Dystopian Wars- Brits
Registration date : 2008-11-03

Back to top Go down