The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Necron Codex Now vs Then

+5
Kyle
KingdomCome
ShadowMaster
aosol
C89ZX7R
9 posters

Go down

Necron Codex Now vs Then Empty Necron Codex Now vs Then

Post by C89ZX7R Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:22 am

Last time I played was in 2005/06. Whats different with the codex now vs then?

C89ZX7R
Recruit

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2011-02-09

Back to top Go down

Necron Codex Now vs Then Empty Re: Necron Codex Now vs Then

Post by aosol Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:28 am

Apparently the new codex is Balls of Steel in paper back form. I haven't read it yet though.
aosol
aosol
Traitor Captain

Number of posts : 256
Armies : Legion of Ever-blahhhh
Registration date : 2011-01-27

http://www.dakkadakka.com/core/gallery-search.jsp?dq=aosol

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:45 pm

The GW powercreep model rolls onward
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 2812
Armies : [WHFB] DoC, Lizardmen, O&G [LoTR] Moria [40k] Daemons [WM/H] RoS, Cryx, Cygnar, Mercs, Gators, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by KingdomCome Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:41 pm

It's not an overpowered book. It's just a very decent codex like most of the last few (barring nids).
KingdomCome
KingdomCome
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1233
Armies : 40K: Tau, Eldar, SM FoW: Americans & Russians Infinity: Combined Army of EI WM/H: TrollBloods
Registration date : 2009-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:43 pm

Sounds decent, and of course they were going to get buffed to heck, crons were pretty sucky and need of improvements.
Kyle
Kyle
Chaos God

Number of posts : 1433
Armies : Infinity-Yu Jing, Heavy Gear-North, 40K-IG/Orks, Uncharted Seas-Shroud Mages, FoW-SS, AM Naval-Japanese, Hordes-Trolls, Blood Bowl-Goblins, Malifaux- Guild, Anima-Azure, BFG- Chaos, Dystopian Wars- Brits
Registration date : 2008-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:52 pm

'Crons did need a boost

Was 'Nids good or bad C?
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 2812
Armies : [WHFB] DoC, Lizardmen, O&G [LoTR] Moria [40k] Daemons [WM/H] RoS, Cryx, Cygnar, Mercs, Gators, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by jspyd3rx Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:02 pm

The book is leaving me feel weird. Finding a good balance of units for all-comers list is very difficult at the moment. One of the power/OP/not fair combos is scarabs and tomb spyders. Depending on mission deployment, they can easily get a first turn charge. Say pitched battle, spyders make a scarab base into a unit 6" away. Then place base in coherency 2" forward from unit. This happens at the start of movement phase. So if you get a good fleet roll and your opponent deployed to close, no more vehicles. Remember they at beasts now, with five attacks each base on the charge and spyders can boost thier numbers beyond maximum unit size. Some folks have had to deal with 48 scarabs by turn two.
jspyd3rx
jspyd3rx
Chaos God

Number of posts : 1190
Registration date : 2009-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by WC_Brian Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:03 am

Yup and while it still beats the shooting armies Necrons already beat with Solar Pulses it has perhaps even a harder time with HtH Marine armies. It is a real shame that this codex is designed so poorly. The best thing it has to offer for competitive lists is a new Nob Bikers and we all know how that went last time. The scarab/Spyder list could easily be the best build but I would rather play something that is less overleveraged. No reason to show up to play and say hey I'm either going to whoop your ass or have a real hard time winning. I think the best idea for list construction whether playing competitively or casually is to bring a take all comers list and Spyder/Scarabs just doesn't seem like that to me.

WC_Brian
Dark Apostle

Male
Number of posts : 403
Registration date : 2008-10-19

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:24 pm

one thing that messed me up when i played against them in the tournament was this wargear that a lord can take that is One Use only and gives the opponent Night Fight. Sucks cause with 2 lords u can take 2 of them and pretty much no shooting for 2 turns.
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Number of posts : 2971
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by KingdomCome Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:46 pm

ShadowMaster wrote:'Crons did need a boost

Was 'Nids good or bad C?
Bad. The book itself wasn't horrible. It was the faq from GW that made it damn near unplayable in a competitive setting.
On the new cron stuff... The scarab spider list is great until you get down to the numbers and realize you don't have much of an army after you max the slots. It's still a good book in my humble opinion, but I think outside the box a bit. The double lord night fight thing , I believe, will be a passing fad. If you want to waste points on two pricey hqs... Thank you? Less actual army to deal with.
Recap: nids are fun but not uber. Crons are very good imho. History will vindicate me.... Unless 6th ed. blows (whole other thread).
KingdomCome
KingdomCome
Chaos God

Male
Armies : 40K: Tau, Eldar, SM FoW: Americans & Russians Infinity: Combined Army of EI WM/H: TrollBloods

Back to top Go down

Post by thehod Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:43 pm

They have a warmachine feel to them. The combos and the characters boosting with abilities that are almost like feats.

thehod
Neophyte

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2008-08-14

Back to top Go down

Post by KingdomCome Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:00 pm

thehod wrote:They have a warmachine feel to them. The combos and the characters boosting with abilities that are almost like feats.
Never thought about it like that..... interesting....
KingdomCome
KingdomCome
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down