The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Terminators, and the gamers who use them.

+3
scurrdi
Ovich
Forcefed24
7 posters

Go down

Terminators, and the gamers who use them. Empty Terminators, and the gamers who use them.

Post by Forcefed24 Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:23 pm

So I was thinking......

Terminators....what size lists do our fellow plaers use them in. Have people fit them in 1000 pt lists? How many do you field at a time? Since they all have power weapons from the get go, what mark do you use?

I saw some GW article touting the use of combi weapons such as meltas and plasma, especially used on the turn the Termies deep strike......what is the general consensus on this?

How are they best used with the limitations of deep strike.....Does the GW staff have a point regarding combi weapons, such as all of them having combi plasmas, as the deep strike rapid firing thier plasmas at the nearest/greatest threat?

Terminators are new territory for me, so I would be interested to hear some sage advice regarding thier use.
Forcefed24
Forcefed24
Dark Apostle

Male
Number of posts : 436
Armies : Thousand Sons, Necrons, Tyranids
Registration date : 2008-03-04

Back to top Go down

Terminators, and the gamers who use them. Empty Re: Terminators, and the gamers who use them.

Post by Ovich Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:34 am

If you want to be cheezy , (well not in your case Phil) you take Tzeentch Terminators. Aint no heavy infantry in the game harder than a 2+ save with a 4+ Invulnerable period. Since it's 40 points for the Icon, though, you''re better off taking large units like 8-10 man units.

I'm a big fan of taking all meltas. How many times do you have an opportunity in your army to take a melta for 5 pts? Sure they're a 1 shot deal, but honestly with terminators, how long do you want to be shooting at things and not mixed in ? If I have the points (and the models) I like to mix up powerfists and lightening claws. It gives you the versatility you need.

If you plug em with a Lord, or use them in conjunction with a Lashing Demon Prince, you're enemy is in for a long day.
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male
Number of posts : 2629
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Terminators, and the gamers who use them. Empty Re: Terminators, and the gamers who use them.

Post by scurrdi Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:16 am

::hates terminators::

scurrdi
Chaos God

Number of posts : 2520

Back to top Go down

Post by Plague30 Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:25 am

i haven't decided how i will use my termies or even if i will deep strike them. also, they mess with deep strike rules in 5th ed last i read. at the moment i have 5 regular termies and a termie leader which i will make into a dark apostle for fluff.

haven't decided on a mark. i hope to contribute to this discussion as much as i can (not much)
Plague30
Plague30
Traitor Marine

Number of posts : 192
Armies : Chaos
Registration date : 2008-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:57 am

Im not a fan of one shot weapons, only combi weapon i have ever used is shoota/heavy flamer on my mega armored nobs, flame them, thin their numbers so they dont have as much to charge me with . With chaos termis im guessing you can do something sick and take plasmas, rapid shoot them, and if you have a prince with them when they deepstrike, use the lash and get the remaining guys on the squad you were shooting to come into hand to hand with you, not sure if you can actually do that with the lash or not.
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Number of posts : 2971
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by ImAShakiraholic Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:17 pm

Terminators are going to be good in fifth and chaos terminators are great because they can take Land Raider for a Transport!!! The use of Plasma weapons may be out weighted by the ability to take Combi Flamers as they will be your defense against new top tier armies (Swarms, Orks, Guardians, Etc).
ImAShakiraholic
ImAShakiraholic
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1255
Armies : Chaos, Tau, Eldar, Tyranids, Necrons, Space Marines :: Vampire Counts, Hordes of Chaos (Khorne)
Registration date : 2008-02-29

http://www.40KWreckingCrew.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:39 pm

Deepstrike has changed in 5th edition. There is a mishap chart if you deepstrike off the board into impassable terrain or an enemy unit. Anotherwords you dont just die anymore. Also you can now use the new "run" rule after you deepstrike in order to get into cover or out of the line of site of enemy units. Of course if you run you cant shoot or assault.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Number of posts : 3612
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.
Registration date : 2008-02-27

https://splinterfaction.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:38 pm

Yeah, though you couldn't assault in the turn anyways. The run option I think will also make moving off target much more managable, as you can run over in a direction towards your intended destination.

scurrdi
Chaos God

Number of posts : 2520

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down