The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New player looking to maybe get an army

2 posters

Go down

New player looking to maybe get an army Empty New player looking to maybe get an army

Post by Jhigga15 Fri May 24, 2013 6:37 am

Hello everyone,
I am thinking about getting an army. I have the rule book (but I look at the pictures) Here are a few questions...
1. I have never played so what is a good army to start with?
2. What armies are not common around here? I would like to have something a bit different...
3. What will I need to play? Is there a place where I can get army profiles with out buying the 50 dollar books? Do I need to get a army builder program. I really don't want to get caught in the GW money trap...
Jhigga15
Jhigga15
Neophyte

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2011-02-20

Back to top Go down

New player looking to maybe get an army Empty Re: New player looking to maybe get an army

Post by ShadowMaster Fri May 24, 2013 10:52 am

Fantasy Battles pretty much died. There are a few players, but no regular groups and no events.

I also don't see it coming back. GW is on the slow death role. Their business model is broken.

Your best bet is to play WarMachine/Hordes. Probably Hordes if you want a more fantasy theme. The rules are much better (play tested). They have better support (you can get an official answer to questions online). They have a better business model (all armies are current and get regular updates each release).

There are regular groups at Sunshine, PPF, and AGS - plus a big tourney scene all over the state.

ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 2812
Armies : [WHFB] DoC, Lizardmen, O&G [LoTR] Moria [40k] Daemons [WM/H] RoS, Cryx, Cygnar, Mercs, Gators, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Back to top Go down

New player looking to maybe get an army Empty Re: New player looking to maybe get an army

Post by Jhigga15 Fri May 24, 2013 3:41 pm

Thanks for the heads up, I will look into it... Glad I don't have to spend my life savings on a game no one plays!!!
JM
Jhigga15
Jhigga15
Neophyte

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2011-02-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down