The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Answer meh!

5 posters

Go down

Answer meh! Empty Answer meh!

Post by luis the young Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:21 am

Ok, so i played Bill ( the Bill that actually rules his house and gets to play ) it was TKs vs Chaos
and a couple of questions came up.

1- Tomb King Curse- it says that evry unit responsible for the death of the King has to take a LD test and if failed they get D6 hits randomized as shooting. He had his Chaos Lord joined to his unit of Chaos knights and the chaos knights killed the king in combat, since the Lord is not bought with the unit but joined it during the game, will there be TWO different tests to take, or just one test for the whole Chaos knight/lord unit ?

2- This one i was kinda confused from the rule book ( i gotta read it one of this days ) i charged his unit on the rear and his Lord was out of combat because he was Way off to the side, my unit wasnt big enough to cover evryone for max# of models. I won combat and the question came from what are the options at this time; do either of us have to slide the lines so we can again get max ammount of models in combat ? Reason why it was important was because by slyding the lines it brought his chaos lord in contact with my unit and then he pretty much whiped the unit, this obviously had a HUGE effect since he was able to gain mad VPs from that combat. What i read from the rulebook was that the victor can make reform changes on his unit, but didnt see anythign about the looser being able to move his characters arround.

Thanks!
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Number of posts : 2971
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Back to top Go down

Answer meh! Empty Re: Answer meh!

Post by Diosamblet Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:31 am

1- It's still a single unit. However, if the unit of knights is below 5 models, you have to distribute the hits from the tomb king's curse evenly and then randomize leftover hits (ie. if there's 3 knights + lord, and you got 5 hits, each model gets hit once and the extra hit is randomized)

2. If your unit is narrower than the knights, its perfectly legal to avoid his character as long as you are still maximizing the number of combatants. If Bill wins the combat, he can do 2 maneouvers: turn his knights around so that he's facing your unit, or increase his frontage to bring more of his dudes to the fight. I assume his was a long file of knights with the character on one end; in that case neither maneuver will bring his character into the fight, but he is free to move any characters and champions within his units, even in CC, during his rest of movements phase.
Diosamblet
Diosamblet
Primarch

Number of posts : 672
Registration date : 2008-03-06

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:44 am

Thanxs Matt.

1 - ok, so from what i understand is that the chaos lord/chaos knight unit combo only has to take ONE ld test, not a ld test for the knights and one for the chaos lord. thanxs

2- the unit at first was long enough where his lord was out of combat, but i killed a couple of guys and the lien shrank, that wouldve been able to bring the lord into contact by shifting the line to maximise number of models.
So only the victor is allowed to move his heroes/champs arround or can the looser also do it ? lets say the lien was long enough that the lord was still out and he lost combat, even though he lost, he could still move his lord within the unit to engage my guys ?
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:02 am

No you can only do the free maneuvers if you win combat
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male
Number of posts : 2629
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post by lordfairfax2001 Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:10 pm

The winner may reform and may only move unit champs/command section to the front row (if he wins and can turn the unit to face because he won, so he no longer counts as being flanked, if the unit was flanked in the first place). The unit champs may not move within the front row, once the unit is engaged, so if your champ is out of combat for some reason, he cannot move into combat like an IC until enough models are killed that he must slide over because not enough rank and file are left.
lordfairfax2001
lordfairfax2001
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 739
Armies : WHFB: High Elves, Wood Elves, Lizardmen and many more; WH40K: SM, Ordo Malleus, Eldar; BFG: Eldar; M

Back to top Go down

Post by Diosamblet Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:39 pm

Actually Sam, unit champions may move during the rest of movements phase within the unit just like normal characters.
Diosamblet
Diosamblet
Primarch

Number of posts : 672

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:38 am

That TK is one nasty dude - Kill him and he still hits your back!

Thanks for the info guys - it looks like we guessed correctly for just about every question that came up.

For the record - victory to Luis and the TK
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 2812
Armies : [WHFB] DoC, Lizardmen, O&G [LoTR] Moria [40k] Daemons [WM/H] RoS, Cryx, Cygnar, Mercs, Gators, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:49 am

DESTROYER OF ETERNITIES !!!

I was actually thinking of a cool setup for the Tomb King, give him the cloak of Dunes ( can fly ) Then Scorpion Armor ( he can only take a max of 1 wound from combat res ) then the Spear of Antarchak ( evry wound he deals, he gets a wound back )

Pretty much fly him agains a big unit and he can tie that unit forever.
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Sat Jun 21, 2008 8:09 am

Is a spear like a lance in that you can't use it after the charge?
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male
Number of posts : 2629
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:51 pm

Ovich wrote:Is a spear like a lance in that you can't use it after the charge?

nope , is just a spear, like any other spear, you can use it in regular combat, he's not mounted, so he doesnt get the +1 fo rcharging, but he's allready strg 5
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down