The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roll Call for this Sunday's Tourney

+5
ImAShakiraholic
scurrdi
Dr. Love
ShadowMaster
Ovich
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Roll Call for this Sunday's Tourney - Page 2 Empty Re: Roll Call for this Sunday's Tourney

Post by Ovich Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:03 am

Well.. it's either 24 dryads or 24 more Glade Guard, which everyone was complaining about also...

The dryads weren't such a big deal. I lost 2 whole units to Dale and 2 whole units to Cosmo.

I guess I should have just gone with 60 Glade Riders and then maybe everyone would have been happy.
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male
Number of posts : 2629
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Roll Call for this Sunday's Tourney - Page 2 Empty Re: Roll Call for this Sunday's Tourney

Post by luis the young Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:23 am

Ovich wrote:Well.. it's either 24 dryads or 24 more Glade Guard, which everyone was complaining about also...

The dryads weren't such a big deal. I lost 2 whole units to Dale and 2 whole units to Cosmo.

I guess I should have just gone with 60 Glade Riders and then maybe everyone would have been happy.

Admit it, you are broken Laughing
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Number of posts : 2971
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:32 pm

Sounds like you all had fun with the LOW tourney - wish I could have made it. I think Chaos core is pretty tough on average, though I'm guessing my Chosen Chaos Knights would not have been a popular choice.

Gratz to the winners.

looking forward to next weekend at the Dragon for the July tourney
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 2812
Armies : [WHFB] DoC, Lizardmen, O&G [LoTR] Moria [40k] Daemons [WM/H] RoS, Cryx, Cygnar, Mercs, Gators, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:20 pm

06/29/08 tournament recap.

It was fun ( if frustating at time, i apologized if i got a bit upset at myself and was to loud )
Playing all core is tough! and some armies just dotn funtion to well without their special/rare support. Dale was a beast, was just running over anything that stood in its way with his Knights ! Cosmo and his trice dammed Long Rifles! my poor warboss took 4 shots to the face and died Sad. JC had more rats
than you could shake a stick at. Matt had the other unfortunate waagh with a Savage Orc warboss on drugs and carrying the head of Tucan Sam as a weapon ! And Stefan brought a forest with arrows stickign out of it Smile

This is how bad it was for the Orc forces, in the game that i played against Matt, we kept an Animosity counter for the 2 of us, in 3-4 rounds we failed a total of 15 animosity rolls!!!! cheers

Game 1 was vs Dale : Dale played very smart, he moved a unit of peasants foward and was able to pull my fanatics out before i could position them well, i didnt use my spider riders at all the way they are supposed to be used, couldnt get a flank charge with them, i thought i had him when i flanked his general unit and they ran off the board, but that was the end of my good fortune, my general unit and Bug'uns decided they woudl like to fail their animosity with 2 lance formations lookign at them and then they got charged and almost destroyed, they fled but dale couldnt catch them, they rallied, then i had 2 units that couldve charge in the flank the units chasing my general and the big'uns, but of course they both failed animosity. Oh yeah, my shaman spent 3 turns doing nothing because his unit failed animosity 3 times in a row, lol. Was a good game and win for Dale.

Game 2 was vs Cosmo: things started to look bad when my general started gettign sniped 4 times a turn evry turn, those long rifles are nasty, his dice mustave been bathed in holly santeria water, omfg, his rolls were all perfect, mine were mostly horrible. a unit of 10 spider riders charged a few xbow scouts...and couldnt kill them ! the scouts almost killed the unit and finally broke after 2 rounds of combat, even loosing by several points they were able to stay. His wizard got Wall of Fire off 3 times in a row by rolling 15, 16 and 18 ! after my general died to 3 shots to the face the Big'uns decided that it would be fun to Waaagh through the wall of fire, lost like 6 guys to the flames and they promptly loss vs swords men with a priest and got run down and died. At one point i had that unit right where i wanted it, a full unit of spider riders on the rear, 25 Ngs to the front and 15 orcs also to the front, CHARGE....not really, Ngs failed animosity, spider riders failed animosity , 15 orcs walked through a wall of fire, 5 made it out. The only bright part of the whole fight was when his knights ended on top of a fanatic and he killed all of them, other than that nothing worked out and i was failign evry single possible dice roll i could fail. That swordsman unit with the priest was Nasty, it his like a hammer and had the toughness to take it too.

Game 3 vs Mat and his Orcs: game began with my first 2 animosity rolls, both my NG units failed, one with my shaman in it, so i was unable to move them foward, he had 2 units of wolves, they ran all the way up and let my fanatics out in the middle of my army. we both did horribly in animosity in that game, matt more than me, but my fails were more crucial, like not being able to get a flank on his units of big'uns with a unit of my orcs because of failed animosity, couple of units rolling 1s when the waagh was called and loosign several guys to it, my general rolling a 2 for his waagh move and being out of charge range because of it. In the end one unit beat me, his savage orc one with his general, my big'uns and general just died and panicked several of my units out of the board cause i couldnt make a single LD roll.

We were done early and then i went to watch Stefan's and Dales' battle, it looked like Dale had him, the tough armor on his knihgts was proving hard to penetrate by the manicured wood elven hands, but on like the last 2 rounds dales' dice look like they started to fail and he started failing armor saves left and right and stefans' manuverability was able to get arround several lance formations and multiple flank/rear charge them. Goes to show you that just like THAT, the game can turn arround for you.
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:41 pm

Actually Luis, all three of my battles were difficult and in all 3 my victories were sealed in the last 2 turns.
Since nothing in my army can take a ranked unit head on, my basic strategy was to do things in this order

1. kill fast cav as they are the biggest threat
2. target enemy ballistics, as they are the most vulnerable to low strength bowfire
3. target lighter armoured infantry block to soften them up
4. March block with scouts and glade riders
5. Finally get a charge off on weakened units with multiple dryad units.

Against Matt's Orks I targeted and destroyed his fast cavalry first because they were the biggest threat to my scouts and glade guard units. I used my Riders and scouts with the zenith banner to march block his 2 big chunky units in the middle. I managed to panic his large unit of boyz on the left flank and that helped out immensely. But much of the game was tactical and took a lot of estimation in terms of getting out of charge arcs and estimating march blocking distances and such. It was not easy.

My second game against Dale was a Nightmare for me and he'll confirm that.
I think through the first 4 turns I had managed to kill like 7 peasant bowmen, a small unit of peasant infantry, and a unit of errantry knights. On the other hand, I had already lost 2 units of dryads, a unit of scouts, a unit of glade guard and my general. My strategy was not working because Dale just had too much armour and too much speed. Even my Hail of Doom caused like 1 casualty. So getting desperate I took the 1 opportunity I had, charging his chunky general unit with my dyrads in the front, scouts on the flank, another units of scouts and my alter hero in the rear. Dale's luck with the dice finally ran out on him and he lost his general's unit, lost another unit to panic from bowfire, and I managed to charge 1 more unit and break it in the last turn with my dryads and alter noble again. I just managed to pull out a minor victory.

My battle against cosmo was a roller coaster ride, which is what I love about the game. After turn 3 I had killed most of his ballistic units according to my strategy and had perpetually march blocked his 2 big swordsmen units. But BAM, some poorly executed charges saw 2 units of dryads destroyed and my alter noble fleeing in turn 4. Luckily I was able to hold off the knights long enough, while destroying 2 of his swordsmen units in the final 2 turns. As I had planned, his Big Swordsmen unit led by the warrior priest never made it into combat.

All in all I had a great time, but I think next time I'll just run the thing and leave my playing for the Dragon.
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:21 pm

And thats the prob with Orc & Goblin units, is hard to plan ahead causeall your plans can fall apart because of failed animosity rolls. Ive been playing with O&G for a long time and ive learned to live with it, but Jebus, the dice hated me yesterday, normally i fail 2-3 Max rolls ina game, yesterday i was failing an average of 6 or more , it specially hurts when you fail those crucial rolls Smile
hence why we got chariots, giants, squig hoppers and other fun destructive stuf that can do damage while your army is busing bashing its own head in. lol. My unit choices were kinda crappy also, my mage was totally worthless ! didnt kill a damn thing, and spent most of the games stuck in animosity, lol.

Dale and Cosmo brought some really tough armies.

Enough with unreliable troops !!!! NO MORE !! The Skaven reliable Horde shall march to war ! lol
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Warlord Solskritt Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:24 pm

luis the young wrote:And thats the prob with Orc & Goblin units, is hard to plan ahead causeall your plans can fall apart because of failed animosity rolls. Ive been playing with O&G for a long time and ive learned to live with it, but Jebus, the dice hated me yesterday, normally i fail 2-3 Max rolls ina game, yesterday i was failing an average of 6 or more , it specially hurts when you fail those crucial rolls Smile
hence why we got chariots, giants, squig hoppers and other fun destructive stuf that can do damage while your army is busing bashing its own head in. lol. My unit choices were kinda crappy also, my mage was totally worthless ! didnt kill a damn thing, and spent most of the games stuck in animosity, lol.

Dale and Cosmo brought some really tough armies.

Enough with unreliable troops !!!! NO MORE !! The Skaven reliable Horde shall march to war ! lol

yep, Skaven are 100% reliable, they never run and they're godly at cc and shooting. Laughing That's why they're THE MASTER RACE
Warlord Solskritt
Warlord Solskritt
Imperial Guard Commissar

Male
Number of posts : 1105
Armies : Rats,Uruk-Hai,Germans

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:06 pm

Skaven are 100% reliable, they never run and they're godly at cc and shooting

You've got to be kidding me.
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2