The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bloodbowl on the PC

+4
Forcefed24
Ovich
Hurricane
lordfairfax2001
8 posters

Go down

Bloodbowl on the PC Empty Bloodbowl on the PC

Post by lordfairfax2001 Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:41 pm

For those who liked the board game (I'm not one of them), Bloodbowl is now coming to a CPU near you...

Bloodbowl for the PC

For those of you who have no idea what Bloodbowl is, following is a brief synopsis:

Blood Bowl is a "game" of American football played by the insane warriors of the fantasy Warhammer universe.

Based on Games Workshop's renowned board game, Blood Bowl will allow you to create and manage teams that will take part in epic battles where fair-play is for sissies.

Various races of players are available : Orcs, Goblins, Elves, Dwarves, Humans, Lizard Men and Chaos.

Once you've picked your team, you'll be able to progress it through the various leagues, taking on opponents that have their own particular strategies.

Blood Bowl will be playable in two modes :

- Real-time : for fast-moving and action-packed matches

- Turn-based : for a more strategic style of play.

A multiplayer mode is also planned so that leagues can be created and managed on-line.

Games Workshop, the Games Workshop logo, Warhammer, the Warhammer logo, Blood Bowl, the Blood Bowl logo are either (r), TM and/or (c) Copyright Games Workshop Ltd 2000-2007, variably registered in the UK and other countries around the world.. All Rights Reserved to their respective owners.
lordfairfax2001
lordfairfax2001
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 739
Armies : WHFB: High Elves, Wood Elves, Lizardmen and many more; WH40K: SM, Ordo Malleus, Eldar; BFG: Eldar; M
Registration date : 2008-03-06

Back to top Go down

Bloodbowl on the PC Empty Re: Bloodbowl on the PC

Post by lordfairfax2001 Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:46 pm

And here's a debut teaser:

Bloodbowl Teaser

Enjoy
lordfairfax2001
lordfairfax2001
Primarch

Male
Armies : WHFB: High Elves, Wood Elves, Lizardmen and many more; WH40K: SM, Ordo Malleus, Eldar; BFG: Eldar; M

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:50 pm

Thanks, I love bloodbowl. Best game GW ever made. The video game looks pretty sweet although if it's a real time game, I wonder how good it is.
Hurricane
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1622
Armies : Mormon Crusaders,Sisters of Battle, Lizardmen, British and Fallschirmjager
Registration date : 2008-03-01

Back to top Go down

Post by lordfairfax2001 Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:04 pm

Hurricane wrote:Thanks, I love bloodbowl. Best game GW ever made. The video game looks pretty sweet although if it's a real time game, I wonder how good it is.

On the website it implies it will have two options for play...real time and turn based...there's already a turn based version (without cool graphics) that's online somewhere...my son played it a few years ago, but I don't have the URL anymore.
lordfairfax2001
lordfairfax2001
Primarch

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:59 pm

wow ... THAT LOOKS AWSOME

nOW i TOTALLY WANT TO PLAY BLOODBOWL
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male
Number of posts : 2629
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Forcefed24 Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:04 pm

IT's probably where they got the idea for Mutant League Football....which was a fun Sega Genesis Game. It's always intrigued me as well..I'll probably get it when it comes out, as long as they don't make it where you need a 512 MB vidoe card or something.
Forcefed24
Forcefed24
Dark Apostle

Male
Number of posts : 436
Armies : Thousand Sons, Necrons, Tyranids
Registration date : 2008-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Diosamblet Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:43 pm

It looks awesome! I never played Bloodbowl, and now I'm intrigued
Diosamblet
Diosamblet
Primarch

Number of posts : 672

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:22 pm

The real Bloodbowl is like playing chess but with Warhammer fantasy models. The other cool thing for those that have played necromunda or mordhiem, as your players progress through games they get better and you can customize them with the skill that they learn. Like Dodging or Tackling or throwing the ball better ect. There is also practically no arguing over rules. The rules are very clear cut and the board is hexed so there is no measuring except when you make a pass action. Its also a great game for running a season (or campaign). If anyone wants to learn. I got plenty of teams.

Here is the link to the free rulebook

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/article.jsp?community=&catId=cat200198&categoryId=1100006&aId=4800003
Hurricane
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1622
Armies : Mormon Crusaders,Sisters of Battle, Lizardmen, British and Fallschirmjager

Back to top Go down

Post by Abaddon Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:13 pm

Eric, stop trying to sell the game. You don't get commision from GW. Wink

Though starting a league with these guys would be fun.
Abaddon
Abaddon
Traitor Captain

Male
Number of posts : 285
Armies : Infinity: Pan Oceania

Back to top Go down

Post by ImAShakiraholic Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:24 pm

I used to have VC team was SUPER fun!
ImAShakiraholic
ImAShakiraholic
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1255
Armies : Chaos, Tau, Eldar, Tyranids, Necrons, Space Marines :: Vampire Counts, Hordes of Chaos (Khorne)
Registration date : 2008-02-29

http://www.40KWreckingCrew.com

Back to top Go down

Post by lordfairfax2001 Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:21 am

Diosamblet wrote:It looks awesome! I never played Bloodbowl, and now I'm intrigued
I have the Bloodbowl board game in storage. Have two teams, too...High Elves (surprise, surprise) and Tomb Kings. I am not a fan, but Chris plays and would be interested in showing people how to play, I'm certain.
lordfairfax2001
lordfairfax2001
Primarch

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Feros_Ironfeld Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:30 am

I remember the old computer version. It was cool, but I seem to remeber it was a bit buggy.
Feros_Ironfeld
Feros_Ironfeld
Demon Prince

Male
Number of posts : 196
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by lordfairfax2001 Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:33 am

Feros_Ironfeld wrote:I remember the old computer version. It was cool, but I seem to remeber it was a bit buggy.
I only played it twice, so can't confirm that...my son played pretty regularly for about 4 months and I don't remember him complaining about it.
lordfairfax2001
lordfairfax2001
Primarch

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Feros_Ironfeld Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:27 pm

You know Milton Bradley came out with a board version of this game. It's called Battle Ball. It's actually quite good and the models it comes with are'nt bad either. It is geared toward the younger crowd, but it is still funl.
Feros_Ironfeld
Feros_Ironfeld
Demon Prince

Male
Number of posts : 196
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down