The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warhammer Ancients

+6
Hurricane
Forcefed24
Abaddon
Ovich
rokassan
luis the young
10 posters

Go down

Warhammer Ancients Empty Warhammer Ancients

Post by luis the young Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:20 am

Joel got the first couple of boxes for the Romans and Celts, not bad at all, $ 30 for 32 plastic 28mm figs. Anyone gonna get in on this ? i would hate to buy stuff and then just have it sit there.
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Number of posts : 2971
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Back to top Go down

Warhammer Ancients Empty Re: Warhammer Ancients

Post by rokassan Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:07 am

Im sitting this one out.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Number of posts : 3612
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.
Registration date : 2008-02-27

https://splinterfaction.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:36 am

With FOW going on right, now.. I don't know buddy... I'd rather enter a scene that's thriving already. then one that needs to get built up.
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male
Number of posts : 2629
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Abaddon Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:21 pm

Count me out as well. I have enough stuff on my plate at the momment.
Abaddon
Abaddon
Traitor Captain

Male
Number of posts : 285
Armies : Infinity: Pan Oceania
Registration date : 2008-03-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Forcefed24 Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:02 pm

People can barely make it to tourneys and they want to start new gaming systems. I'll stick with plain old 40k.
Forcefed24
Forcefed24
Dark Apostle

Male
Number of posts : 436
Armies : Thousand Sons, Necrons, Tyranids
Registration date : 2008-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:40 pm

Phil come by the tournament saturday and consider my Apocalypse tourney on the 20th.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:13 pm

I'm considering it.... I know that I don't need another game but, I really like the historical gaming aspect.
Hurricane
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1622
Armies : Mormon Crusaders,Sisters of Battle, Lizardmen, British and Fallschirmjager

Back to top Go down

Post by jerryb Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:38 pm

Count me only if it 10mm, I want to do it big and that is only possible in 10mm (unless you make $120,000 or more a year, then you can do 28mm on a large scale).

Games workshop has a 10mm version called "Warmaster Acients".

Would more people be interested if the units were supplied? In other words, I bring the army, and you just show up and play. Is cost the most pressing issue, meaning you do not want to invest in yet another game system?

This is what I was planing to do when I going play Warmaster, I still have the armies, but I am going to convert most of them over to LotR.
JerryB
jerryb
jerryb
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1451
Armies : AT-43, Pyrates, Battle Tech
Registration date : 2008-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:46 pm

if i dont go the 28mm route, i will do 15mm, 10 mm is just to small, you can get awsone deals for 15mm figs and still make the fights look epic
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army

Back to top Go down

Post by jerryb Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:51 pm

Luis, I believe you may have gotten the wrong book! Of course that depends on what you want.
I took a look a the WarHAMMER Ancients and it is for 25/28mm scale and WarMASTER Ancients is for 10/15mm.

To add to confusion, in WarHAMMER Ancients book it states that you can play any scale, but the preferred scale is 25/28mm.

I plan on getting the WarMASTER Ancients (10/15mm), and then look into which scale would be best 10 or 15. I already have 10mm scale armies for Warmaster (Fantasy) and also Battle of the Five Armies and the detail is amazingly good. So I will admit I am bias towards 10mm, having already dealt with that scale and seeing no real problems.

If you want Luis I can show you what I have already. I have a ton of lead (10mm).

Jerryb
jerryb
jerryb
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1451
Armies : AT-43, Pyrates, Battle Tech
Registration date : 2008-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:02 pm

I used to play Warhamer ancients a while ago, and i was using 15mm figs, i would use the 25/28mm fig base, but i would base like 2-3 infantry men per base, that way it LOOKED like a lot of guys, but the bases were the preferred size. i would do the same for cavalry.
I used to play warmaster when it first came out, a shame the game never took off, it was a cool game, i had a HUGE undead army that i traded away years ago Smile
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Warlord Solskritt Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:26 pm

so...is this thing gonna be played? Perhaps I'd like to try it out.Anyone got two opposing forces?Luis?
Warlord Solskritt
Warlord Solskritt
Imperial Guard Commissar

Male
Number of posts : 1105
Armies : Rats,Uruk-Hai,Germans

Back to top Go down

Post by lordfairfax2001 Sun Sep 28, 2008 2:38 pm

I've got a Samurai army...want to drive to Northern VA to get in a game? 2000 points?
lordfairfax2001
lordfairfax2001
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 739
Armies : WHFB: High Elves, Wood Elves, Lizardmen and many more; WH40K: SM, Ordo Malleus, Eldar; BFG: Eldar; M
Registration date : 2008-03-06

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:34 am

Warlord Solskritt wrote:so...is this thing gonna be played? Perhaps I'd like to try it out.Anyone got two opposing forces?Luis?

The discussion died 6 weeks ago........
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 2812
Armies : [WHFB] DoC, Lizardmen, O&G [LoTR] Moria [40k] Daemons [WM/H] RoS, Cryx, Cygnar, Mercs, Gators, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:59 am

ShadowMaster wrote:
Warlord Solskritt wrote:so...is this thing gonna be played? Perhaps I'd like to try it out.Anyone got two opposing forces?Luis?

The discussion died 6 weeks ago........

Thankyou Shadow...this thing is dead thankfully. We have enough games to dump money into and then assemble and paint.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:26 am

Kinda suxs, i bought the rule book and all Smile but wasnt gonna buy any figs unless someone else started playing it !
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:57 am

Hence you wasted money. I find our fellow gamers get excited about these new games just to spite GW and then quickly loose interest. You see you wasted money buying the book. We have enough games to keep us busy...I know I do. Lets see I have 40k(4 armies), Fantasy(1 army),Epic(1 army), Battlefleet Gothic(1 fleet), Fow(3 armies) and Victory at Sea(1 fleet) and a shit load of board games. I bought the book for Necromunda and that never happened. Im done buying new games, I need to finish what I have and thats gonna take years.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:35 pm

Bill, you gotta earn up some time away so we can play some board games man.. you have like more than Joel.
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:54 pm

Eric,me and my brother are playing Last night on earth(zombie game) this wednesday before I go to work. we played last Wednesday...it was fun.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:47 am

Stephan, can you make it on Wed? It's a fun game. Around 1030am
Hurricane
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1622
Armies : Mormon Crusaders,Sisters of Battle, Lizardmen, British and Fallschirmjager

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:00 pm

If I can manage to complete my Psychology Class's first exam tonight I can probably make it.. but I'd have to leave by like 1:15.

Is that enough time?
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:07 pm

Sure. Eric works at 3pm and I work at 4pm. We'll start around 1030 am, that should give us 3 hours to play. I bought the expansion as well.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:00 pm

Allright,

I should be able to be there.
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down