The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2500 points of Space wolves!

2 posters

Go down

2500 points of Space wolves! Empty 2500 points of Space wolves!

Post by luis the young Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:28 am

Finding a way to use the 16 bikes i got, i made this list. What do you guys think ? is VERY fast and hard hitting.

HQ
WGBL:
bike, belt of russ, wolf tail talisman, wolf tooth nek, plasma pistol, frost blade, frag/melta bombs
WG bodyguard:
4 guards, bikes, 1 power fist, 4 bolt pistols, 3 power weapons, frag/melta bombs
Wolf Priest:
fang of morkai, wolf tail talisman, wolf tooth nek, frag/melta bombs
Rune Priest:
bike, frost blade, plasma pistol, wolf tooth nek, wolf tail talisman, frag/melta bombs
Venerable Dread:
assault cannon, storm bolter, xtra armor, smoke launchers

ELITE
Wolf Scouts:
6 scouts, melta bombs, 2 shotguns, 1 plasma pistol, 2 power weapons, 1 melta gun
WolfGuard:
the bodyguards as elite choice

TROOPS
Grey Hunters:
10 hunters, 8 bolters, 1 plasma pistol, 1 melta gun, 1 power weapon. Rhino-smoke launchers/xtra armor
Grey Hunters:
10 hunters, 9 bolters, 1 power weapon, 1 melta gun. Rhino-smoke launchers/xtra armor
Blood Claws:
14 claws, 3 power fists, 1 melta gun, frag grenades

FAST ATTACK
Blood Claw bike pack:
5 bikers, 1 power fist, 1 plasma gun, 1 power weapon
Blood Claw bike pack:
5 bikers, 1 power weapon, 1 power fist, 1 meltagun

HEAVY
Land raider Crusader:
HUnter killer missile, xtra armor, smoke launchers.

As you can see im using Lots of bikes, idea is to get into their face REALLY fast and unleash hell.
The wolfguard leader with the retuine is a tough unit that can dish out an obsence ammount of damage.
The wolf priest will join the bloodclaws in the landraider, the fang of morkai is there for them to stay put if they get shot to hell when they do their first assault and win.
Rune priest on the Bike will join the bike pack that doesnt have the wolfguard leader, Stormcaller will hopefully help them survive any armor ignoring shots and help them if they get charged.
Not much ranged antitank in the army, thats why i have so many melta bombs and melta guns, with the speed of this army im looking to be able to charge in turn 2.
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Number of posts : 2971
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Back to top Go down

2500 points of Space wolves! Empty Re: 2500 points of Space wolves!

Post by scurrdi Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:44 pm

Well I don't know how the Hard Boyz tournament missions look like, but in 2500 points you only have 3 troop choices. I just assume that would be a problem since troops are the only scoring units that you can take.

I mean, it's a nasty list, but unless the rules are different, you could steamroll over alot of the opponent's army but not get a win since I'd just target them first. Then again, I don't know 5th ed that much.

scurrdi
Chaos God

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2008-03-04

Back to top Go down