The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CHAOS WARRIORS -- Most recent information on them

+5
Dr. Love
Ovich
ShadowMaster
luis the young
lordfairfax2001
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

CHAOS WARRIORS -- Most recent information on them - Page 2 Empty Re: CHAOS WARRIORS -- Most recent information on them

Post by luis the young Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:56 pm

I'll put them both in a sandwhich and eat them...and you would too, dont turn into Max !
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Number of posts : 2971
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Back to top Go down

CHAOS WARRIORS -- Most recent information on them - Page 2 Empty Re: CHAOS WARRIORS -- Most recent information on them

Post by Ovich Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:02 pm

Lets do that again... ready guys.

Do you think about this when you rub one off?

CHAOS WARRIORS -- Most recent information on them - Page 2 Palin_sarah

or do you try to think of something like this

CHAOS WARRIORS -- Most recent information on them - Page 2 Megan_Fox_13

If you picked photo A.. there's something wrong with you, and you need to seek professional help.
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male
Number of posts : 2629
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:07 pm

I don't know Luis...

maybe back when she looked like this

CHAOS WARRIORS -- Most recent information on them - Page 2 Sarah-Palin-Miss-Wasilla-1984

I would have rubbed one off to her...

But I think you guys are just getting turned on by the whole Proper Republican, hair up in a bun, motherly figure, all of sudden ripping the buttons on her shirt open and letting her hair down and all of sudden she's like this

CHAOS WARRIORS -- Most recent information on them - Page 2 Sarah-palin-vogue2

and she wants you to stick your dick in her mouth under the oval office desk and shit. ... hahahahah

I'm not falling for it.
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:09 pm

I dont know why you hate her so much, for a 45 year old woman shes looks pretty good, yeah you cant compare her to a 20 year old smoking hot model, but shes not 20 nor is she a model, just a good looking woman. And VERY few women look good if caught in the wrong pose or light or with no makeup.
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:14 pm

I'm not saying she's not attractive... but you guys are calling her HOT.

I only reserve the word HOT for chicks who are fucking HOT, not just attractive.

Would I fuck her? of course, I'm not a moron, but I'm not sitting here during the republican convention stroking my shaft like you guys .. jeez
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:21 pm

luis the young wrote:I dont know why you hate her so much, for a 45 year old woman shes looks pretty good, yeah you cant compare her to a 20 year old smoking hot model, but shes not 20 nor is she a model, just a good looking woman. And VERY few women look good if caught in the wrong pose or light or with no makeup.

Im with you on that one Luis.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Number of posts : 3612
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.
Registration date : 2008-02-27

https://splinterfaction.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:30 pm

Well after Stephen and his PhotoGraphic evidence - I think I'm going to stand as corrected. Maybe I was blinded by her potential power status.

Thanks for setting me straight Stephen..... now back to picture B!
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 2812
Armies : [WHFB] DoC, Lizardmen, O&G [LoTR] Moria [40k] Daemons [WM/H] RoS, Cryx, Cygnar, Mercs, Gators, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by lordfairfax2001 Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:32 pm

Hey...I spend all day looking at "typical" Federal Government Women (55-60, 5'2" to 5'4", light beard, short hair, pasty white skin, 190-230 lbs, and not firm, or large chested)...compared to them...Palin is Miss Universe...then again, my mind ceased to function after the Megan Fox pictures...

Thank you Stephan...I gotta run home and change my shorts now!!! And my shirt...drool stains on the shirt and...well...you do the math!
lordfairfax2001
lordfairfax2001
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 739
Armies : WHFB: High Elves, Wood Elves, Lizardmen and many more; WH40K: SM, Ordo Malleus, Eldar; BFG: Eldar; M
Registration date : 2008-03-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Diosamblet Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:47 pm

way to derail the thread guys!

Stephan, remember my army used to be

3x5 hounds

2x6 knights

6 chosen

2x5 horsemen

I can still do that, only now its more like

3x6 knights

3x6 horsemen

No biggie
Diosamblet
Diosamblet
Primarch

Number of posts : 672

Back to top Go down

Post by Diosamblet Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:56 pm

Oh, and I just couldn't resist:

CHAOS WARRIORS -- Most recent information on them - Page 2 Palin
Diosamblet
Diosamblet
Primarch

Number of posts : 672

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:49 pm

We'll see if Biden gives her what she "needs" tonight ..
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:14 pm

Some random thoughts

The initial power-gamer @2250 Chaos list build seems to be:
4xHeros, 4xHorsemen, 4xKnights, 4xSpawn
I'd probably swap out a Knight unit for some Dragon Ogres. I'm not a huge fan of the unpredictable spawn, but that could be one nasty list.

The shine is the most interesting 'new' model; however, the unpredictability of what it may do for you makes it a crap shoot to take it.

ASF Slaneesh Giants could be fun to field, but I'm not too excited about Ogres and Trolls.

2 Charoits=1 Special slot came and went so fast I feel teased.

Warriors are still too expensive to field - even with 2 base attacks. You can field 3x5 marked and upgraded horsemen for the same points.

The whole army still suffers from a lack of Scouts, Flyers, Shooting, and Skirmishers; yet people will call cheese if you play to your strengths and use the all calavry force to make up for it.
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male
Armies : [WHFB] DoC, Lizardmen, O&G [LoTR] Moria [40k] Daemons [WM/H] RoS, Cryx, Cygnar, Mercs, Gators, Skorne

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:29 pm

I don't know..

On first inspection, I 'd say the Chaos list is weaker as a whole simply cause you can't take demons, which really nerfed them.

Otherwise, What's really changed? shooting still sucks , which means your warriors that have to foot slog it all the way across the board. They're useless. I mean the hellcannon can give you some firepower, but that's about it. I thought they were gonna include some chaos dwarf blunderbuss options in the list, but I guess the rumor wasn't true.
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:37 pm

Yeah, Megan Fox wins over Palin any day.

But Chaos magic still looks pretty potent. Losing demons will hurt a bit though.

scurrdi
Chaos God

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2008-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:21 am

Ovich wrote:I don't know..

On first inspection, I 'd say the Chaos list is weaker as a whole simply cause you can't take demons, which really nerfed them.

Otherwise, What's really changed? shooting still sucks , which means your warriors that have to foot slog it all the way across the board. They're useless. I mean the hellcannon can give you some firepower, but that's about it. I thought they were gonna include some chaos dwarf blunderbuss options in the list, but I guess the rumor wasn't true.

I feel the same way. They basicly took the Daemons out and threw some of the Beast options back in. Otherwise it is basicly an overhaul of the magic items and magic spell options available and some new Special Characters. The new marks are cool, but th ability to mix and match is anti-Chaos fluff. ie: Khorne/Slaneesh (who hate each other) or Khorne/Tzeentch (anti-magic/super-magic) fighting side by side.

When you compare WoC to the last 4 books to come out - it lacks that super fun and unique punch that the other Armies seemed to gain. HE ASF, DE Assassins, VC and DoC overall power. I think the Shrine is suppost to fill that role, but I don't really like how it works (too random), plus it takes away a Giant slot.
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:14 pm

Kind of like 40k.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:38 pm

Good thing the models generally kick ass...

The new marauders look fucking ownage.
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by lordfairfax2001 Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:24 pm

Unmentioned in the post, but from a reputable source is that the units will be cheaper, like in the WoC PDF...Chaos Warriors are a couple/three points cheaper, as are the Knights...almost all the units are supposed to be a little less expensive, to allow a player to have more models on the board (not that you'll ever get a hoard Chaos army).
lordfairfax2001
lordfairfax2001
Primarch

Male
Armies : WHFB: High Elves, Wood Elves, Lizardmen and many more; WH40K: SM, Ordo Malleus, Eldar; BFG: Eldar; M

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:28 pm

NOT true Sam. There are a few special characters that are cheaper, but some things actually went up. Some costs seem reduced, but they make it back in the standard upgrade costs (ie: Dragon Ogres) Some items dropped, but abilities also changed so I did not compare those.

Special Characters:
Archaon 685pts (855) - BIG drop
Galrauch 616pts (696)
Sigvald 425pts
Wulfrig the Wanderer 185pts
Valkyrie the Bloody 410
Kolek Suneater 605pts
Throg the Troll King 175pts
Scyla Anfinngrim 105pts
Vilitch the Curseling 395pts
Festus the Leechlord 185pts

Lords: (all the same)
Chaos Lord 210pts
Sorcerer Lord 235pts
Daemon Prince 300pts

Mounts: (all the same)
Chaos Dragon 360pts
Manticore 200pts
Daemonic Steed 50pts
Juggernaut of Khorne 50pts
Palanquin of Nurgle 50pts
Steed of Slaanesh 25pts
Disk of Tzeentch 20pts
Chaos Steed 24pts (16pts for hero choices)

Heroes:
Exalted Champion 110pts (100) went up
Sorcerer 85pts

Core:
Warriors 15pts (14) - Up 1, but now with 2A, still too much
Marauders 4pts (5) - Down 1
Hounds 6pts
Horsemen 13pts

Special:
Knights 40pts (33) Up 7, but now with 2A (45 for old chosen)
Chariots 120pts
Chosen Warriors 18pts (+1-2 for mandatory weapon upgrade) (20)
Forsaken Warriors 18pts
Trolls 45pts (55)
Ogres 35pts
Dragon Ogres 65pts (+12 for GW) (70+6 for GW) +1 in the end

Rare:
Spawn 55pts (60) Marks cost more
Giant 225pts (205) Mutant cost without Armor Save
Hellcannon 205pts
Shaggoth 265pts (+20 for GW) (295) Still too high
Chaos War Shrine 130pts
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by lordfairfax2001 Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:31 pm

Mia culpa...I stand corrected. And here I thought they were going to take the few good things from the PDF. Sorry if I got anyone too excited. Well...look on the bright side...you don't have to paint as many new models now to field a RTT-ready list!
lordfairfax2001
lordfairfax2001
Primarch

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:12 am

You probably can build a horde army if you go with a bunch of marauders - which can now be marked!

Marauders 4pts NEW
M4 WS4 BS3 S3 T3 W1 I4 A1 Ltd7
Mark of Khorne 30pts
Mark of Nurgle 30pts
Mark of Tzeentch 20ts
Mark of Slaanesh 10pts
Shield 1pt/model
Flail 1pt/model
Light Armour 1pt/model
Great Weapon 1pt/model
Champion 8pts
Standard Bearer 8pts
Musician 4pts

20 Mauarders with Flails is 100
20 Khorne Marauders with Flails would be 130 (2 WS4, Str5 attacks)
20 Nurgle Marauders with LA and Shield would be 150 (-1 WS/BS to hit)

This is where the Warriors fall short on the useage list.
10 Warriors with Shields (unmarked) is 160.

You could get a large number of models on the table at 2250 with 6-8 Marauder blocks and have plenty left over for Heros, Knights, and some Horsemen. The one option that seems unique to WoC at the moment seems to be the option to build a strong horde or strong elite army and still compete.
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:34 am

Well, is about time we saw some Chaos Horde armies, in every book that you read about them the ENDLESS hordes of chaos are always mentioned !
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Sat Nov 01, 2008 6:14 pm

Got a copy of the book today. We'll see how good it is.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2